Apex Boss too difficult

Tyger7

This boss..way too difficult. I can't even get it a quarter ways down. I have literally tried so many times and just end up breaking all my armor. I face 10 wolves and people banish 20 to me (in one banish). Suddenly game lags. This is not a fun fight at all. Anyone have pointers?

There are some posts about it on the official beta forums. One of the design directors admitted that the boss was too hard and would be looked at "as soon as we are able".

His post can be seen here.

What level you in game, I was 15 when I first fought him. Had armor rating of over 1200, and my attack was 105. This boss irritated the crap out of me, the only thing I found to work on him was deal with the wolves first. Then go in for the attack with a fast weapon, hit once, block, hit again, repeat. When he does a cheer/roar run away as he'll kick you down and stomp on you doing a fair amount of damage.

Took me a couple of tries to get the hang of it, but this worked best for me to defeat him. After you defeat him it's the end of the BETA, you can still go around collecting treasure leveling up etc, but you can't further on in the games story. Hope it helps in some way. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I found that using the shock spell (fully upgraded) stops him for 5 seconds. Gives enough time to hit him at least 4 times. I would shock, hit him 4 times, and repeat. That's how I beat him. I was at level 11 went I fought him

Edited by A1ucardTepes
Forgot something

• 1 month later...

I had some real problems against the 3rd Apex, where I was stuck for quite a while ended up using lot of souls to upgrade the fury spell as much as I could then bought attack speed boost & health boost too.

When I got to the dungeon with the 4th skull I was 2 levels to low to ascend. So I ran through the dungeon a few times until I could. Ascended kept my stronger stuff & just ran through the dungeon avoiding everything. Got to the Apex and killed him in about 2 minutes.

Long story short ascend before boss fights if your having trouble as that will scale them down with you - but you still keep your best stuff.

The last Apex boss before the Titan was by far the worst experience ever. You could not directly fight him (two hits kills) and his goons were way over powered. It was like six guys with the shields and four guys with the death boomerangs. When I'd die, I'd respawn into death. It was a cycle that I did not enjoy.

I spent a good four hours alone trying to beat him. In the end, I glitched him to stand still as I spammed him with Spells.

the 3rd apex took me the longest, what I found worked was to draw the summons away to the opposite side of the room then run away from them causing them to break off and not follow, it seems they have put in a limit to how many critters they can summon since if I didn't kill them he didn't seem to summon any more

I had the first Apex boss down to pretty much 3 more hits before finishing him and the damned server kicked me out! :uzi:

EDIT: Beat it today, second attempt of the day (first attempt server kicked me out again). Didn't get any wolves this time. Someone banished 6 wolves to me though and so I banished 4 of them back!

Edited by GamerPerfection

Dash toward it with RT+X immediately after it finishes it's attack followed with Y when close (and still in dash animation). Follow it up with a few light (X) attacks if you can then dash out of the Apex's range and repeat. Works well with all large enemy types and really helps if you have upgraded Seekers or another spell to help knick off his health. With a bit of practice you can even end the fight with a soul multiplier (my best is x3) which is really nice since Apex soul payout is the highest of all enemies.

I faced the 2nd Apex yesterday and destroyed him in the first attempt it was pretty easy. I found it easy because the Apex was identical to the first, same weapons, same moves. The only difference this time was he spawned Wolves.

But because my weapon and armour are much stronger than they were with the first Apex and I learned which tactics to use the first time this one was so simple.

Dunno what the problem ppl are facing on those bosses. They are pretty easy, especialy when you banish some of enemies :dance:

Despite of the all hate msges afterwards, the easiest strategy is to hit them few times, dash away and repeat.

If your health goes down, run as far away from it as possible (i found the spot to the left from altar to have some extra space) and wait for your health to restore.

Dunno what the problem ppl are facing on those bosses. They are pretty easy, especialy when you banish some of enemies :dance:

Despite of the all hate msges afterwards, the easiest strategy is to hit them few times, dash away and repeat.

If your health goes down, run as far away from it as possible (i found the spot to the left from altar to have some extra space) and wait for your health to restore.

The first Apex boss was extremely difficult in v1.0 of the beta.

The first Apex boss was extremely difficult in v1.0 of the beta.

Yeah, people need to keep in mind that any threads started back in July was for Phase 1, things changed so it's gotten a lot easier. The last one can still be a pain because of what he summons, but otherwise they are all pretty easy once you learn their moves.

Edited by Saracin