doing Waypoint terminals can freeze/delete credits...try this..

ajennice

So far myself anf others have experienced that after gettinghtat HUGE Cr stash inthe Waypoint terminal section, that afterwards your credits will not count, get deleted...etc.

I would assume it's a Credit limit issue with getting a huge payout.

Correct me if I am wrong here. Each terminal entered is 7,000. if you enter all 10 you're at 70k. and the 11th gives you, what 70-120(?). So with those numbers you're already over by 20-70k...PLUS any you received playing MP,camapaign,FF. So it freezes you without telling you you're over the cap limit. I can assume there is no "online credit limit reached" notification becuase you're no on the MP server/using a disk to access the MP game base.

Now missing credits you once had---- Again, you're getting credits off a different server and not using the game disk to bring up your info. So I'll also assume that once you hop into MP and use disk/game base server, the systems sees you have went over the credit limit and then TAKES BACK the ammount you went over... So if you're at 90k and then get 140k for the terminals (250k), the server will take back 130k which will leave you with 120k cap limit.

I can't confirm any of this as it's just a hunch after reading several posts about players doing the terminals than having issues.

I would do maybe 9 terminals one day before doing any MP...this way it all sits in and you'll hit the cap and be notified Then the next day do the last 1+ hidden terminal. Boom 100k+, you havent hit the cap.. and can still get in a few games till you hit it.

Hope this come of some help to anyone about to do the terminals.

And I am sure there will be peole who this may not of effected. Right now, I've got over 6.5 million so I wouldn't notice if i had some removed or not...

Isn't there someone in Bungie or 343 support you can email to fix this? I have to imagine they could give the credits back...

So I did the Waypoint Terminals thing yesterday, read this today. Yesterday I confirmed that I did indeed get 100k credits. Today...I log into Reach on my Xbox, and my player shows about 25k LESS credits than I had yesterday after doing the Terminals in Waypoint. HOWEVER, on the Bungie website, it still shows my player at the correct higher amount.

So there is a discrepancy between the two right now. I guess I need to see how this sorts itself out, but I guess I'd like to know where to go if there is an issue to get those additional credits back if they do end up going away.

I would assume all you need is some support guy to look at it and go "yep, OK I'll add those back in, our bad"

The question is, where do you send the support request to.

Yeah.. but for a few people it wouldn't be too bad... a few thousand.... oof.

BUT neither the bungie or 343 forums have any "direct" forums to the people behind the games.. Just like this it's just joe public helping any way they can.