Anyone working on Achievements guide?

DarkSephiroth

so... i'm lead to believe the 'variety' in the achievement description has to do with variety in teams of 1, 2, and 3 or in color options available.

As far as colors are concerned, I beat story mode with every character(so I have 1-7). I have never done arcade, and to my knowledge, only have the first 7 colors for each character

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just unlocked An Ensemble Cast after going through the last few methods mentioned above.

I had completed the story with all 8 characters, did one arcade (with Filia I believe), and the rest of the time I spent in local versus mode going for the rest of the achievements, doing a scattered mixture of 1v3, 3v3, 2v2 and all other kinds of team makeups since Wednesday trying to get all the achievements. I also have NOT entered the code to unlock color 10 yet.

I did the following all against a 2nd player default color Double and just kept pressing play again on controller 2 without fiddling around with 2nd player.

So I started with UPR Captain's random select checklist method exactly how it was detailed, played through every single match, but when my list was all checked off it still hadn't popped.

I then tried ricklessabandon's method and started 1v1 matches, but decided to just pause and end these sets of matches and go back to character select this time. I started with Ms. Fortune vs Double, paused, ended match, changed just my own account/controller's character to Peacock vs Double, paused, end match, change character. When I did Painwheel however, THAT'S when the achievement popped (it popped right at the end of the load screen and the achievement bubble fully appeared as the character intros started).

So with that said, I believe there's some credence to ricklessabandon's theory of having to play a certain number of 1 v X, 2 v X, and 3 v X's (2nd player doesn't seem to matter, only your own account). I also think doing UPR Captain's method is a good way to work towards it as ensemble attacks/assists MAY still play a part in unlocking it, and well, I only needed 3 matches after doing the whole list so there's got to be something in that.

Thanks a ton guys, and I think these last few posts have really helped narrow down some parameters to getting this achievement.

Edited by Beast Legacy

Colors are 100% unimportant. Colors are related to another achievement on a different console.

People saying second player doesn't matter are wrong.

People saying you need to do all this stuff a certain amount of times are wrong, some people have stated they got it in very few matches/without trying at all.

If you're stuck, try playing online against a lot of different people.

Quick match (aka ranked) or unranked, it doesn't matter.

I'll type more later.

As far as colors are concerned, I beat story mode with every character(so I have 1-7). I have never done arcade, and to my knowledge, only have the first 7 colors for each character

okay, that settles that then. :)

i knew the colors thing was very likely coincidence, but i didn't want to leave out any information just in case.

i'm considering trying to unlock the achievement on a second account to test the variation in number of team members--i think it's the most likely candidate for what it takes to get the achievement.

If you're stuck, try playing online against a lot of different people.

Quick match (aka ranked) or unranked, it doesn't matter.

I'll type more later.

Not saying you're wrong, but I have not played ANY online match at all and still unlocked all 12 achievements. I haven't even scrolled to highlight the online options ever, purely 8 runs of Story, 1 of Arcade, and tons of plain local vs with 2 controllers. Maybe it's just that the match-ups played online also count towards whatever the achievement is looking for along with local versus. So whatever method you've got must also be possible offline, as I haven't touched online yet. Just wanted to get that out there as I know that some people don't like to bother with online achievements.

Really interested to read what your findings are, cause this achievement really has been a pain to figure out.

Edited by Beast Legacy

Here's my contribution regarding "An Ensemble Cast"

- I did not play Arcade nor Story Mode, only Versus

- I played more than 60 matches with a team comprised of 3 characters and using custom assists (changing it everytime) since it was what most people were saying that were correct

- After reading Beast Legacy's posts, I started playing with teams of 2 characters. Played approximately 10 matches. After that I played approximately 10 matches with only 1 character and it finally unlocked. So, yes, I believe it has to do with playing a X number of times with teams of 1, 2 and 3 characters. My gold is on 10 times each.

EDIT

well, played on another account to try my theory and it didn't work.

Played 10 matches with 1 character (playing each character at least once), 10 with 2 and 10 with 3, didn't mind choosing custom assists nor with player 2 (which used 1 character all along).

Edited by Randoman

Prolix is confusing me.

I've done every number combo from 2 to 43, and a lot of higher ones too. I do it in local vs, 2 controllers, and use sparring to refill the meters, but I do the combos outside of sparring. I also had time set to infinite if that matters, and ended every match before I stopped. When does this achievement pop? Do I have to check some menu or something? I don't get it...

Prolix is confusing me.

I've done every number combo from 2 to 43, and a lot of higher ones too. I do it in local vs, 2 controllers, and use sparring to refill the meters, but I do the combos outside of sparring. I also had time set to infinite if that matters, and ended every match before I stopped. When does this achievement pop? Do I have to check some menu or something? I don't get it...

it pops at the moment you hit the required number of words. Mine unlocked when I had seen at least 50 different words.

Try using the Ms. Fortune method (place opponent in corner and put her head behind him, then push forward and LK as fast as you can) to combo higher and get a few more words, it should unlock soon for you.

Edited by Randoman

Prolix is confusing me.

Go from 2 to 54. I semi-randomly did different combos and tracked the ones I did. Then I started from the bottom and worked up to 54 and got the achievement before I completed all of them.

As for Valentine's achievement. Which is the best method? I've read people saying to do it on versus, Sparring mode and turning off meter regeneration but I can't find any option to turn off meter regeneration. Anyone knows anything about this?

As for Valentine's achievement. Which is the best method? I've read people saying to do it on versus, Sparring mode and turning off meter regeneration but I can't find any option to turn off meter regeneration. Anyone knows anything about this?

What I did was Valentine + any two vs double(3 vs 1 so you have your characters be weaker while the one killing stronger). Set it to sparring mode to get 5 special bars, turned it off, Used Doubles Nightmare Legion and bandwagon rushdown x2 to kill (timer stops during specials. I assume anyone would work I just used Double) the opponent.

Valentine then came in (from being selected 2nd) then revive the dead character(hitting double at the same time). Turn sparring back on, switch back to revived character and repeat.

Not sure if best but what I did.

Edited by kdogground2

What I did was Valentine + any two vs double. Set it to sparring mode to get 5 special bars, turned it off, Used Doubles Nightmare Legion and bandwagon rushdown x2 to kill (timer stops during specials. I assume anyone would work I just used Double) the opponent.

Valentine then came in (from being selected 2nd) then revive the dead character(hitting double at the same time). Turn sparring back on, switch back to revived character and repeat.

Not sure if best but what I did.

thanks! I'll start working on that right now

Ok, thanks guys, I'll just keep doing combos then.

For Valentine's achi, I did this:

1: Two controllers. VS. 3 vs 1, infinite time. Valerie on point for you, peacock for opponent.

2: Activate sparring for 5 bars.

3: Kill someone other than Valentine in your team with Peacock.

4: Revive and hit Peacock at the same time.

5: Tag into revived team member.

6: Agony super with Peacock, pause as it kills, sparring to fill bar to 5 for you, then quickly change back, killing your team member again with the agony. Tag to Valentine.

7: repeat 4-6 until peacock runs out of meter.

8: Kill the team member with peacock by hand, pause as you land the killing blow, sparring to refill both meters, then kill your team member again. This is to prevent their health from refilling. Tag to Valentine.

9: Repeat 4-8 until you get the achi.

This method was very fast imo.

IT UNLOCKED. I love you all. <3

Sure enough, I played about 5 matches of 1v2 and it unlocked. I'm still not sure about how many matches it takes though...

But at least we know what to do now. The achievement has nothing to do with assists. I can vouch for that, after doing pretty much 100+ matches with different assists. At least there was some usefulness that came from my torture. D:

And btw. I noticed something. I think the answer really did lie in the description:

"There may be no I in 'team', but there is in 'variety''.

Like team size gaiz. D:

Not saying you're wrong, but I have not played ANY online match at all and still unlocked all 12 achievements. I haven't even scrolled to highlight the online options ever, purely 8 runs of Story, 1 of Arcade, and tons of plain local vs with 2 controllers. Maybe it's just that the match-ups played online also count towards whatever the achievement is looking for along with local versus. So whatever method you've got must also be possible offline, as I haven't touched online yet. Just wanted to get that out there as I know that some people don't like to bother with online achievements.

Really interested to read what your findings are, cause this achievement really has been a pain to figure out.

The maker stated the achievements would be 100% offline gainable which for the record I never said that online was required.

I did however mean exactly what you said, that the online players count for both themselves and you. This means online players may do things you rarely do if ever, which may help for whatever the requirements are.

On the PS3 I had done all 500 possible combinations of three before the custom assist finding. Then after someone found out about that, I played for an hour in unranked teams of two with custom assists and I got it.

Now onto the 360 I unlocked everything except Ensemble Cast. I tried everythign posted because I didn't want to spend another 10+ hours on this single achievment. None of it has worked. So after having reading all of lukes posts about the achievment and how him and his friends have got it in a very short amount of time I decided I would give his method a shot. I deleted my save amd did nothing but local mathes with all teams of random and custom assists.

Sixty matches in and I realised I wasn't going to get it this way. To stop myself from going crazy I played some online matches and I noticed that I unlocked a color during a match I lost for a character I had rarely played on this save. Then I started to notice something, after every few other ranked matches the game would save.

I also noticed a bunch of people that didn't main Cerebella had her achievement, despite these people never playing her and being the type of people that don't care about achievements. Basically they got them from people that do play her.

The maker stated the achievements would be 100% offline gainable which for the record I never said that online was required.

I did however mean exactly what you said, that the online players count for both themselves and you. This means online players may do things you rarely do if ever, which may help for whatever the requirements are.

I gotcha, and I'm sorry if my post came off the wrong way; you just didn't post your method/experience and I didn't want people to wrongly think the achievement requires online play.

That Cerebella note is pretty weird though, I have no clue why it would unlock if people don't play her or even put her on their team.

Just unlocked "An Ensemble Cast". The way I did it was randomize everything on both player one and player two. Number of fighters, color palettes and always using custom action assist. Seems the achievement is more about variety in what your selecting than type of assist you set.