Just sent an e-mail to Fuel Industries (the developer)

kiratachibana

There is no bug in the game. The reason there is a bug are because people only care about achievements and dont play games anymore on forums like this.

Game makers don't have to do anything to fix achievements. They make games. Not achievements. The game works. Why do people get this confused?

Very true. They make games. But they are also responsible for programming in achievements for games that are on Microsoft supported gaming systems. I would hope that gaming employees would take a little pride in their work to make sure that their finished product works in every regard (free or otherwise). It is disheartening to see programmers disregard aspects of their game, as if they just don't matter. I lose a lot of respect for them and will not buy future products (just look at EA).

Also, this website you are posting on is dedicated to achievements, not just gaming. Why do people get this confused?

Edited by isw42

I have a theory that the other glitches are more to do with the GFWL client instead of the game. The other windows arcade games have the same problem as far as I can see.

I think that there is an issue with windows XP and the client based on a personal test I did. I can't prove that it is the definite problem however, and I only did one test of my own. So I'm keeping it a theory.

Edited by Vincentdante

no other one permantly glitches
yes they do. I have one achievement that repeatedly pops up but never remains unlocked. (essentially is shows the unlock message but will never show up on my gamercard). I've tried redownloading it too. Nothing gets it to stick.

I have a theory that the other glitches are more to do with the GFWL client instead of the game. The other windows arcade games have the same problem as far as I can see.

I think that there is an issue with windows XP and the client based on a personal test I did. I can't prove that it is the definite problem however, and I only did one test of my own. So I'm keeping it a theory.

i dont believe that. its the same client for every windows OS, i'm pretty sure of that. they dont write a different version for every single windows out there...

i dont believe that. its the same client for every windows OS, i'm pretty sure of that. they dont write a different version for every single windows out there...

I didn't say that now did I? I know there is only one client.

I have 2 pc's one with XP and one with windows 7. My xp machine has had a few problems with GFWL including all the ones mentioned with achievements not unlocking or unlocking more than once. while 7 seems to have absolutely no trouble at all. In fact the client running on my xp machine got an extra patch put into place. These were the things that got me to my conclusion. Like I said though nothing solid.

I could be completely wrong, but I certainly am not saying there are multiple clients causing the problem like you mistakenly assumed off me. If anything it's the exact opposite :p

Edited by Vincentdante

I have 2 pc's one with XP and one with windows 7. My xp machine has had a few problems with GFWL including all the ones mentioned with achievements not unlocking or unlocking more than once. while 7 seems to have absolutely no trouble at all. In fact the client running on my xp machine got an extra patch put into place. These were the things that got me to my conclusion. Like I said though nothing solid.

I could be completely wrong, but I certainly am not saying there are multiple clients causing the problem like you mistakenly assumed off me. If anything it's the exact opposite :p

ok i misunderstood you then.

well, i dont have any problems with win7 and gfwl, never tried it with xp or vista

its definitely not the os. my vista was bugging out on tinker. you can find people with every single os that have problems and some that dont. and the assumption that the os is the major difference between two rigs is gimpy anyway. if it was a dualboot it would be a decent assumption.

so which acheivment is it anyway and have you already tried deleting hte savegame? how long should it take for the patch to be posted to gfwl?

so i bombarded them with e-mails, no responds. so the last 1 I send was last night and i was sorta trying to sound like a smart ass. guess what? I got a responds. :woop:

From:http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/im/offline16.png Mike Burns ([email protected]) Sent:Sat 2/06/10 8:49 AMTo: Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Microsoft has the fix

Should be released soon

Thanks for playing!

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-02-06, at 12:27 AM, "I" wrote

I guess since you guys haven't responded to my e-mails the achievement glitch in tinker will not be fixed. Correct?

so i bombarded them with e-mails, no responds. so the last 1 I send was last night and i was sorta trying to sound like a smart ass. guess what? I got a responds. :woop:

From:http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/im/offline16.png Mike Burns ([email protected]) Sent:Sat 2/06/10 8:49 AMTo: Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

Microsoft has the fix

Should be released soon

Thanks for playing!

Sent from my iPhone

I guess since you guys haven't responded to my e-mails the achievement glitch in tinker will not be fixed. Correct?

Hopefully won't be long. :)

Microsoft has the fix

Should be released soon

Thanks for playing!

Sent from my iPhone

lol, so you spamed them on every mail address you could possibly find? :p

well at least we know that we all very soon will be able to 200 this game :woop:

its definitely not the os. my vista was bugging out on tinker. you can find people with every single os that have problems and some that dont

Ah cool man, yeah I was wrong then. *sigh* It doesn't matter anyway I just hope they patch the whole system. I'm reluctant to buy anymore GFWL games at the moment.

Microsoft has the fix

Should be released soon

Thanks for playing!

Sent from my iPhone

I look forward to this :)

Edited by Vincentdante