Headsets?

My x11's stoped working today, and the little light on the white box where the wheels are to control the volumes isn't red or green like it usually is, other people cant hear me, but I can hear them just as fine as ive always been able to, and the game audio is fine. does any one know what is wrong with them?

Might be a loose wire or two. Happened to a friend of mine. The first time, he sent it in to Turtle Beach cuz it was still under warranty. They fixed it and sent it back. The second time, he just opened the thing himself and somehow got the wire back into place.

Ok so I bought Tritton AX720s and I am loving them. Got a 23 gun streak first game then a MOAB second game with them. I'll post mini reviews of the 3 headsets I've tried.

Turtle Beach X11

I owned one pair of turtle beaches for nearly three years before the wiring started to come a bit loose and I was not particularly careful with the headset. I threw it away in fits of nerd rage on several occasions and it survived, so I found them to be very durable. The microphone is pretty good, I never had any issues with people not being able to hear me or feedback/echo from the mic.

I used this headset after just listening to the tv and noticed a massive difference. I found myself improving at the game kill/death wise when I purchased a headset. For the price you pay, the X11s are a good quality headset. They are quite comfortable to wear for long periods of time and didn't hurt my ears.

SteelSeries 5XB

For xbox, I didn't like this headset at all. The microphone is terrible and you really have to be eating it for people to hear you. I had a lot of issues with giving people echo/feedback with this headset and a continual buzzing/hissing sound. The live mixer you get to plug into your controller didn't fit a wired or a wireless controller well and continually plugged in and out. It was impossible to plug it right in unless you physically held it in place. They were slightly cheaper than what I paid for X11s (I know X11s will be a lot cheaper now, but I got them in 2008/2009ish) at just under £50.

I actually just use this headset as my PC gaming headset. The microphone works a lot better on PC and I also use it to record my commentaries for youtube.

Tritton AX720

Holy shit surround sound is weird when you first set them up. This headset has a lot more parts to connect up than the previous two. Microphone quality has been good for me so far, I'm able to hear everybody fine (except one guy who uses the same steelseries headset I had) and I no longer echo for anybody. Game sound is amazing. I am able to pin point almost exactly where people are based on footsteps, even without using sitrep I am still able to hear everything well. The headset is comfortable to wear. Only issue I've had has been occasional dips in audio when a wire moves, but nothing that isn't sorted easily and should it get any worse I'm sure Tritton/MadCatz will fix it.

I know you already got you headset but for anyone else looking for a new headset I strongly suggest the Turtle Beach XP500. I just got a pair last week and I absolutely love them. People complain about the battery quality but I use high quality rechargeable and I get about 30 hours out of them. Only had to change them once so far. The only downside for me is for long gaming sessions (anything more than 2 hours) you ears tend to get warm. Love them, dig the black color, love the presets on it. Overall great headset.

Edited by Rasp

I bought a Tritton Trigger headset at Best Buy (U.S.) for only $40 the day after Christmas. I was there again today and they are still the same price. I only bought them because my standard Microsoft mic stopped working entirely. Overall, I cannot complain about them. The sound is pretty good for being a basic headset. You can control voice and game volume individually, but for me it's hard to find a balance between the two while I play. My friends all have different kinds of headsets that I've been able to try out before ultimately buying mine. The best headset I tried was the AX720s. However, they can be kind of heavy after awhile lol. I have had better experiences with Tritton headsets overall, and really like mine even though they are the most basic.

Because you were wearing the X11's. See, I told you that you'd be better.

They didnt help last night...I got Commando knife 3 times in a row and then spawned killed by a predetor...I promptly dashboarded and started playing Red Faction. Im like Jeckly and Hyde with this game...it drives me insane.

x41's aren't that much better than x11's. They have better sound quality and more speakers, allowing you to pinpoint where certain sounds are coming from better, and are also more comfortable. That's about it.

I'm surprised you found them. I thought they were phasing out the X11s and replacing them with the X12s (same price, but with extra speakers in the ear cups and adjustable bass) cuz the X11s were on clearance for a long time at a few places last year. Guess not....

X11's have 2, X12's have 2, X41's Have 2.

Would pointing out the X41's actually support 7.1 be really nitpicking?

It's good to see you back....

OT: If it helps I still feel like im doing about the same...I can hear more footsteps which help, but it does nothing to stop someone from commando lunging me in tha face (in MW2)