Wolfenstein 3D 400 Points & Unlocks stuff for retail Wolfenstein

T0b3

Activision announced today that a downloadable version of influential 1992 first-person shooter Wolfenstein 3D will be released to the Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox 360 and PlayStation Network on PlayStation 3 next week. The "Mature" rated title will sell for just $5 (400 Microsoft points), and be available on Wednesday, June 3 for Xbox 360 and Thursday, June 4 for PlayStation 3.

Moreover, the publisher revealed earlier this week that the brand new Wolfenstein game for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC will be out on August 4. If you play Wolfenstein 3D on the same system you eventually play the new Wolfenstein, you'll apparently unlock accoloades and gold for use in the new title, with the gold used to unlock customizable upgrades for weapons.

Source: http://www.whattheyplay.com/blog/2009/05/29/wolfenstein-3d-hits-xbox-live-arcade-playstation-n/

Awesome. Since there are months between Wolf3D and the new retail Wolfenstein, you will have plenty of time to grind Gold.

Edited by T0b3

Isn't there some workaround for that? I mean not to advocate illegal activities, but what wrong can there be in playing a game about something that actually happened ages ago?

They could have used a slightly better pic for the game btw, this one seems likes it's from the 1940's as well :p

Isn't there some workaround for that? I mean not to advocate illegal activities, but what wrong can there be in playing a game about something that actually happened ages ago?

They could have used a slightly better pic for the game btw, this one seems likes it's from the 1940's as well :p

In case you didn't know, the swastika in any form is banned in Germany. Other DOS games, like Steel Panthers by SSI for one, used the German Cross instead. ID apparently felt the symbol necessary back in the 90's.

Even tho WWII and the Holocaust "happened years ago" present-day Germany is still very conscious of it. Those who choose to ignore history will likely repeat it - you know that old saying?

I'm no expert but Hitler's image may also be banned - even tho the ones in Wolfenstein are crude.

I'm curious to see if the new game has these images - I doubt it.

Edited by Outlaw Tracker
Clarification

Believe me, I know all about WWII and not, like a lot of people nowadays, only from video games ;) I live in The Netherlands and we still remember the war anually. But even though I understand the symbols being banned, the game could just have been released as a censored version. The new Wolfenstein also features swastika's and alike symbols, which has already been shown on several screenshots.