EA owns majority in Ubisoft

DeW222

Don't know if this was said somewhere else, I looked for it but couldn't find it.

EA now has a majority stock holding in Ubisoft.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6176393.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;4

EA stake in Ubisoft increases

Madden publisher now holds nearly 25 percent of the voting shares in French rival, more than the company's own founding family.

Thought this was interesting, although disturbing considering I probably buy the most games from Ubisoft (Tom Clancy, Prince of Persia, etc.) and EA's starting to be a twat of a company.

EDIT ADD: In case people don't go to the link, this is the interesting part.

In the filing, EA said it did not intend to nominate its own candidates to Ubisoft's board of directors, but reserved the right to, should Ubisoft's position change significantly.

Man, you gotta be shitting me. :(

Someone's gotta put an end to this bullshit with EA. They're buying out companies like a fat kid in a candy store, and destroying franchises. It's like they're afraid to make quality games, so they just buy out the competition so their shitty games are the only ones on the market. Not to say Microsoft doesn't do the same, but at least the studios Microsoft buys out actually benefit from it.

I lost all respect for EA when they bought the sole rights to the NFL franchise to stop the far superior 2k games, then again when they bought out Mythic Entertainment and bastardized their products. Occasionally EA puts out a good game, but most of their stuff is rushed and low quality, obviously designed to make a quick buck. They're seriously raping the games industry in a bad way with this shit.

I can guarantee you it won't be long before EA develops their own console to compete with Sony and Microsoft. With them owning so many of the "third party" developers, the Xbox and PS3 will both suffer.

This really is terrible news, and any discerning gamer should think twice before buying their products. You need to think about where your money's going.

This does not bode well for Assassin's Creed, by the time it comes out it will probably be full of adverts and have crappily glitched achievements =o

Hopefully International Man of Mystery Peter Moore will infiltrate the dark ones and destroy them, possibly with some explosions and other cool special effects.

I can guarantee you it won't be long before EA develops their own console to compete with Sony and Microsoft. With them owning so many of the "third party" developers, the Xbox and PS3 will both suffer.
That won't happen and you'll agree with me why - money! The margin on software is way higher than hardware and they can make a lot more money making Madden for 17 different platforms than making it for their one system. We all know that Sony & MS lose money every time they sell a console. Only Nintendo can pull off making a profit from their lower tech machines and honestly the gameboy was the only thing keeping that company in business for the past decade.

This does not bode well for Assassin's Creed, by the time it comes out it will probably be full of adverts and have crappily glitched achievements =o

Hopefully International Man of Mystery Peter Moore will infiltrate the dark ones and destroy them, possibly with some explosions and other cool special effects.

exactly what i thought when i read it !!

When a company releases a new console, they don't lose money. Nobody is purposely in business to lose money. You have to also take into account the incremental amount invested over the future by %.

This goes especially for Sony. They have more than enough financial leverage to take care of any initial debt they might have had upon release, but over the term, the price of the technology is going to drop so much that they will recoup everything and more.