WC Challenge Help - Sweden v's Brazil

skuff

This achievement is the biggest load of ass. I set my formation to 3-5-2 & stuck the fastest guys up front, for Brazil I gave them the slowest players at the back & in midfield possible, that marcos guy in goal, made sure that the default starting 11 wern't starting. Their formation was 3-4-3.

Got 2 header goals from crosses/corners & 1 where I broke through then ran straight at goal but up a little then when right next to the GK shot it along the ground.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I'm relatively new to this game. Bought it as an "easy" 1000GS. Found this one + a couple others challenging. Right up until i learnt how to score a chip shot virtually every time. All i did was play a through ball to Ibra on 2 separate occasions and then heavy touch my way to the keeper to get away from the last chasing defender. Thenj the keeper has no choice but to come off his line. The perfect chance to chip shot. Been doing this on all the harder challenges.

• 5 months later...

I've been playing this game off and on for 6 years. finally, after getting married, buying a house and having my own office I've set up a "to do list for achievements"

I had probably 50% of these completed prior to Tuesday of this week. Since then, I've completed all except Brazil v. Sweden. I'm dying here...I can honestly admit that I beat the final set of series given to me within one or two tries with the exception of this Brazil and Sweden.

Can anyone give me pointers, ideas, hints, strategies, anything at all so I don't throw the controller through the window, wall or TV. Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

If you guys spend a while getting chip shots right and changing your tactic to counter attack you should get this achievement to pop its all about timing and a little luck, put their formation into a 3-4-3 and put their worst STRIKERS in on defense and their worst defenders in the attack and replace all others with the worst players. Keep playing through balls (y) through the defence and just hold lt and tap b until you can time the shot in the red zone. It goes in 99% of the time i you can do this, ended up winning 7-4 in extra time.

finally got this in extra time after several tries and 2 heartbreaking penalty shootouts.

moons lineup helped a lot. the right stick flick shot was pretty spot on too.

few things i noticed tho -

this game is complete shite, they manage to literally run circles around my defenders and then go ahead and predict exactly where i'm gonna turn.

the ref is blind.

and using reserve keepers and strikers as subs stopped me from stewing on my hatred for this game during those 10 second substitution cutscenes, it does change the lineup to having 1 midfielder and defender in the subs, but they generally save those in case of injuries i guess. i also figured out that they only do subs if the first stoppage is a throw-in, corner, goal-kick or red card. score a goal, get an offside, yellow card or just an ordinary foul and you're good. i often found myself mashing pause and hitting restart when i saw the ball was about to go out lol.

i hope this helps anyone slogging away there.

Edited by ridder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Some great tips on these forums to help with this. I lost my mind more than once trying to take down Australia vs. Soloman Islands, but got it after about seven hours of trying. Crossing by the ball as close to the touchline as possible was a good tactic.

I was much more fortunate and took down Brazil with Sweden in about 45 min. Similar to the previous one, went 4-2-4 with flood the box. Got the first goal on a corner or a cross, and then got ambushed after a diag cross and converted a PK around 89' and won 5-4 in PKs. I came a goal away a handful of times on the Aussie Rules one, so vindication possibly. Tons of patience required, carpet flooring preferred. Good luck.

• 2 months later...