Infinite crate drop glitch?

skuff

Something I just found by accident while going to the store to force an auto save. I just collected a crate and was about to turn off, so went to the online store to force the save. When I got back into the game another crate appeared in a different spot. Collected that and did the same. When I got back in again, another crate was on the map. So thought I'd try again, and sure enough there was another crate.

This could of just been an incredible coincidence, but if not it would be a good trick for another platinum medal.

something like this kind of happened to me twice...with the armored trucks. I got a truck but a friend had a mission invite. After I got the truck, lost the cops I joined his mission, along with 2 other friends.

after the mission we returned to my closed crew session and it was raining armor trucks. You blow one up and another would show up in 20 seconds.

We made so much money from about 37 trucks. It happened another time but with about 12 trucks in a row and a 3rd time with about 7 in a row.

Y'all need to cut the crap out. For serious. Yes spelling and grammar are important. This is an international site and not all users speak/read/write english as their first or primary language. BUT, and this is really important. There IS NOT NEED to berate someone for a minor error. That is not cool and will not be tolerated. We all occasionally make typos. Deal with it and try not to be a dick.

I tried it couple of times yesterday with the crate and it never wanted to respawn for me. I collected it, went to Xbox Marketplace and then back to the game and nothing happened. Tried the same method with armoured trucks and didn't work. Have yet to try the method with getting into a mission. Will try to test it today.

ahh, I didnt realize they were deleted...i'm used to always seeing the whole "edited by a moderator" replacement post.

I was trying this yesterday for a bit...but I just didnt get any crate drops...but I did get 2 Simeon request in a short amount of time.

I'll keep an eye out for a crate and try entering a store afterwards. It's funny cuz sometimes it could be the craziest of coincidences....that could probably repeat themselves. The smugglers probably had a liquidation sale.

• 3 weeks later...
just what i was thinking, very handy for a platinum medal (if it isnt a coincidence)

Agreed. I tried it as well at one point. Didn't work as planned though. Ah well...

Y'all need to cut the crap out. For serious. Yes spelling and grammar are important. This is an international site and not all users speak/read/write english as their first or primary language. BUT, and this is really important. There IS NOT NEED to berate someone for a minor error. That is not cool and will not be tolerated. We all occasionally make typos. Deal with it and try not to be a dick.

You did that on purpose didn't you? I'm not sure I could agree with that in entirety. I've taught English as a second (or even third) language to 10-12 year old kids in the past, and they have a significantly better command of the language than some native speakers. The whole "second language" excuse doesn't really cut it in my book, and I speak quite a few languages myself. I do tend to go a bit easy on people who obviously are still learning, but when there are kids who speak English as a second language at a higher standard than an adult native speaker, that adult is well deserving of derision. I'm not looking for a debate; just pointing it out.

Typos aside, of course.

Edited by Direkin