Getting the game, Which DLC's?

Spade103

Should i get all four?

I know i should get Broken Steel (because of the level cap, and allowing you to continue playing) but is there anything else that is a must have? I'd be spending a total of $126 if i got all of them because of the price of the DLC.

Which ones should i really get, which ones are not really required? Thanks guys

Wait until October and get the GOTY Edition, it will have all of them included for $60.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Game-Year-Xbox-360/dp/B001REZLY8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246911980&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Fallout 3: Game of The Year Edition: Xbox 360: Video Games[/ame]

With the money you save, you can buy yourself a different title now and then buy the GOTY Edition in October and still only pay about $126 though. ;)

Definitely do this. If you really can't wait, here's my quick summary.

Operation: Anchorage - Probably the weakest DLC. I still love it, but if you want more of the same gameplay but in a different place you might want to skip it, it's more of a standard shooter affair. The best DLC items are in this one though.

The Pitt: Great plot and some cool items. Manages to mix it up but still feels like Fallout. Also adds an ammo press which you can put any tradiotional ammo and scrap metal into to get different ammo.

Point Lookout: Not as many new items as the others, the weapons are cool though. Main draw is the large open area, fun to run around in and explore. Kind of an odd plot but the missions are still fun. Good side missions too.

I have a question about the DLC, if I get the Broken steel before beating the game(or say start a new game) I can now level up to 30 in my regular game? or does the Leveling up only apply to the DLC levels?

No its actually better to get the Broken Steel before beating the game cause with the new level 30 cap you can get to that rather than stop at 20 and having to grind a lot to get to 30. Its helpful so get it before even starting a new game.

No its actually better to get the Broken Steel before beating the game cause with the new level 30 cap you can get to that rather than stop at 20 and having to grind a lot to get to 30. Its helpful so get it before even starting a new game.

Well that kinda raises a new question. I already have the game, and have had it for a few months playing it on and off.

I don't know how the DLC works so I don't know if it's an island that doesn't matter in capitol wasteland. Will it allow me to level to 30 in my current game? That's kinda what I'm asking. Id rather get the DLC and beable to continue my current game w/ all the DLC perks than to have to restart a game.

Well that kinda raises a new question. I already have the game, and have had it for a few months playing it on and off.

I don't know how the DLC works so I don't know if it's an island that doesn't matter in capitol wasteland. Will it allow me to level to 30 in my current game? That's kinda what I'm asking. Id rather get the DLC and beable to continue my current game w/ all the DLC perks than to have to restart a game.

Yes, you can. :)

To the OP: Basically what everyone else has said: wait for GOTY, but if you can't, then get Broken Steel.

Buy all 5 at the same time, so you start a new game with so much to do.

but if you're on a budget:

1. Broken Steel

2. Point Lookout

3. Operation: Anchorage

4. The Pitt

??. Mothership Zeta

Definitely get BS though, extends the time you will play this game by many, many hours.

All in all, Fallout ROCKS, Welcome to the FO3 club :D