Challenge Guide

Tyger7

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What level can I get the security camera challenge I'm struggerling

I did mine on the 4th co-op mission. At the beginning, you'll clear a couple of enemies from the garage area and 1 or 2 enemies from the security room overlooking the garage. Then, you'll go into the security room and through a door to get to the next area.

When you go through the door, if you jump through the window on the left and hang, there is a security camera right below you. Shoot it. Now wait for the guard to come and investigate. When he's looking up at it, shoot him in the face.

EDIT: I hope I didn't screw up my description as I did this challenge a few days ago....and I'm just trying to remember.

At the least it should be giving you one for "Death From Above" because that's a silent take down. If that's the one you need, run through and do Last Stand mode and you'll get tons! I'll edit my description just in case.

I've been maxed out on DFAs for a while.

You're guide is helping me a lot; I'm not trying to downplay your guide, trust me. It's very well written, and definitely needs to be stickied. It's just that one little part was giving me trouble, and I was hoping if you could make a video showing how you did it. Shadow Takedown and Sticky Camera Whistle are all I need on Prepare & Execute.

I've been maxed out on DFAs for a while.

You're guide is helping me a lot; I'm not trying to downplay your guide, trust me. It's very well written, and definitely needs to be stickied. It's just that one little part was giving me trouble, and I was hoping if you could make a video showing how you did it. Shadow Takedown and Sticky Camera Whistle are all I need on Prepare & Execute.

Sorry I actually forgot to tell you I uploaded two new videos in MISC video section. Hope those help!

Wow great guide Tyger7!

Just wondering, you have two videos the same in your 'misc videos' post. Both are the sticky camera videos, one says it is for 'Shadow Takedowns'. Do you have a video where I could farm for shadow takedowns? I know their not hard to do, I just wondered if there is an area that is better than others for it.

Thanks heaps for all the video and guide's for the challenges, I've knocked off quite a few challenges I thought I would never complete.

Wow great guide Tyger7!

Just wondering, you have two videos the same in your 'misc videos' post. Both are the sticky camera videos, one says it is for 'Shadow Takedowns'. Do you have a video where I could farm for shadow takedowns? I know their not hard to do, I just wondered if there is an area that is better than others for it.

Thanks heaps for all the video and guide's for the challenges, I've knocked off quite a few challenges I thought I would never complete.

Thanks for pointing that out, I had put the same link on accident as I was uploading both videos at once! I updated it.

hi,

I need some help with Advanced Stealth, i have done what it said in the video guide but its not unlocking for me, i've try shooting every1, tryed EMP and nothing! i have even done it with out the white ring coming saying warning! but its jst not unlocking for me. does it have to be done on this level? can it be done on the first or second mission?..

Thank you,

Mr aim

Great guide. It has helped me alot!

Oh and does anyone have some advise on how to get enemies to grab your guy in a chokehold? I've been trying to do it with two controllers, but the enemies always just push the guy away and don't grab him. Does it help if I play on certain difficulty or have certain upgrades?

hi,

I need some help with Advanced Stealth, i have done what it said in the video guide but its not unlocking for me, i've try shooting every1, tryed EMP and nothing! i have even done it with out the white ring coming saying warning! but its jst not unlocking for me. does it have to be done on this level? can it be done on the first or second mission?..

Thank you,

Mr aim

After you get to your car at the end of the level, you get that little flashforward where you see Grim and Sam in the whitehouse. That scene is basically still part of the Washington Monument mission and you have to play it. It unlocked for me when the next mission's(White Box Laboratories) intro-movie started playing(I know this because it was the last challenge I needed for Splinter Cell challenges and I got the achievement at that point).

After you get to your car at the end of the level, you get that little flashforward where you see Grim and Sam in the whitehouse. That scene is basically still part of the Washington Monument mission and you have to play it. It unlocked for me when the next mission's(White Box Laboratories) intro-movie started playing(I know this because it was the last challenge I needed for Splinter Cell challenges and I got the achievement at that point).

I've got to next mission even played all the way into the warehouse! but still no achievement!...

For the sticky camera challenge, I found the best place is Michigan Avenue right after you climb up through "sewer" and the guard walks straight over to give you an easy "Grab from Ledge" opportunity. Climb up slightly and look toward left until you see the red barrel. Now zoom in and throw the camera directly onto the barrel. View the camera, make the noise, and then detonate. I was getting three to four kills per attempt last night. Rinse and repeat :)

By far the easiest way to complete the Advanced Close Combat P.E.C. Challenge is to play the Lincoln Monument, and as soon as the guy gets to his car, and it explodes, make a bee line for the WOMEN'S BATHROOM. They never check in there. All you have to do is go in, wait it out, when Grim tells you your ride is ready, just exit and run to the bridge.

Ok now i'm getting really pi**ed off! Advanced Stealth is not unlocking for me!, i've done how it is said in the guide! still nothing!, i've done with no warning markers coming up & i've done by killing every1 and using EMP! i have try it on different missions like Kobin's mansion, merchant's street market and on downtown district not been spotted! and on all realistic and still NOTHING!!!, can some plz help to unlock it! oh and try it on hunter as well! still nothing!!!....

Thank you

Mr aim

Nice guide very helpful.

However, you may want to change one thing.

For the Assault Rifle Marksman challenge, by far the easiest way to get it is to load up any map on singleplayer version of Last Stand (I did the first map) on rookie. Make sure you have an assault rifle equipped as secondary weapon before starting the game. Start the game, and run about meleeing guys, mark them and execute with the assault rifle equipped. Rinse and repeat :) Each execute uses a single assault rifle bullet, so you could kill as many as 30 guys if you wanted this way :p

Remember, do not reload your assault rifle!

I think this method is a lot easier than playing through that entire level you suggested (possibly the longest level in the game!) and it's easier than trying to manually shoot 15 guys in the head.

YES!, i've finally unlock it and got achievements for doing it!...

I did it the same way like have done millions times!, done it like said on the guide but i use the EMP and for some reason it unlock after 20 times of me doing it this way!....

Security Device Diversion: Attract an enemy by disabling a security device, then neutralize him. (Level 3 requirement 1/1) Difficulty 3/5

This is a bit trickier, as there aren't many places to do this. The level filled with security cameras does not allow you to even shoot them. There will be an oppurtunity in Third Echelon HQ where you can shoot them later in the level. The best place to try it is actually in the cooperative mission which makes you sneak past a bunch of security guards. There is a camera at the start of the mission along with a guard nearby. Take him out when he goes to take a look.

Very simple in Third Echelon HQ after you break in and are heading to the server room. You'll see "SERVER ROOM" on a big wall. Go left and shoot the 1st camera you see. Wait for a dude to walk up to it and pop him in the head.

Sick guide by the way Tyger7, challenge room rocks.

on pistol marksman, do takedowns count as a kill??

and if so could you not just do 10 takedowns without reloading?

Please explain

Thanks

Gaining a M&E for each takedown makes that a better way to go, am I right?

Besides, the pistol takedowns often use 2 shots, so M+E makes up for if you happen to miss any free-aim shot.