General Glitches Thread

Arsenic 17

Remember this is another Freemium game from Glu. Post your negative experiences here. Please dont post any j ones, as the next time you log into the game you will have more glitches than anyone here. Seriously, you will jinx yourself.

I had trouble loading up the gamer today while on wifi. It would have the connecting screen up launch for like 2-3 minutes (Which is normal) then when it got to the next loading screen, it would crash back to the games hub. Did this four times in a row until I put my phone in flight mode and it worked fine. Must be a server/connectivity issue.

Also, when I tried to start a "Target Friend" contract, it took more than 5 minutes to load the first time, and a second time it crashed the game back to the games hub.

EDIT: Also..some missions are impossible to finish. One in particular the boss is not even in the level. Another the boss is there but is unkillable. Your bullets do not hurt him. After you shoot he glitches into a building and disappears.

EDIT: finally got the glitch where it crashes when launching while online. It does not crash when I put my phone in airplane mode. I think this happened before for a day and it just fixed itself. Will let you know.

Edited by Arsenic 17

Game looks Ok (more or les the same as I se on my friend android device) But problem is that game kick out me. I download it yesterday, start play and all looks grate, then I close it and try to open once more time, and game just throws me out (2-3 time) I delete game and install it one more time, nothing change :(

I try to play it today morning, and it allows me to make first 2 introduction missions, and then I was kicked out one more time. :(

For me it looks that problem is with data connection, but I am not shore.

If you want to play the game, just put it in airplane mode then launch. Works perfectly. No in gake leader boards.but you can still earn achievements. MOST of the glitches come about because of the online connectivity that is not necessary. Just go offline everyone.

Edited by Arsenic 17

Wow Glu is really have some problems... I thought LIVE Games went through certification how does this keep happening? Maybe it just has something to do with the LIVE end when it comes to this and Gun Bros since they are always trying to be connected? Last I read Glu was trying to talk to Microsoft about Gun Bros.

I did not have any problems with Bug Village myself and other then have to manually connect when I start up Gun Bros it has not really caused me any problems but after all this reading I don't even know if I want to start up Contract Killer yet...

Wow Glu is really have some problems... I thought LIVE Games went through certification how does this keep happening? Maybe it just has something to do with the LIVE end when it comes to this and Gun Bros since they are always trying to be connected? Last I read Glu was trying to talk to Microsoft about Gun Bros.

I did not have any problems with Bug Village myself and other then have to manually connect when I start up Gun Bros it has not really caused me any problems but after all this reading I don't even know if I want to start up Contract Killer yet...

Your avatar links it full of viruses you knob :mad:

I can't even start this game anymore. It just exit to the Xbox Hub after the first loading screen...

I find this happens if you mess with the clock on your phone. If you do that, you can't click on the target a friend or co-op in game as it will crash and not allow you start the game unless you change the date to the one that you changed it to. Avoid clicking on those and you should be fine.

I haven't messed with the clock, it is just a new bug I think.

EDIT: I've started messing with the clock after your post, and when putting the clock into the future the game starts. Might the game be working again after that date?

Edited by Ariose

Last night I've set the time at 09:00 O'clock --> Game Starts

Wake up at 09:02 O'clock --> Game doesn't start.

When I'm putting the time four hours forward the game starts. But I still can't access co-op and the friends tab. This is just one strange problem. Looks like I just made the "7 Daily bonuses" unobtainable for me.

I've send Glu a message, don't know if they will answer because they also are far overtime with my Gun Bros Support Ticket. But I've explained the problem and told them that the information stored on there servers is causing the problem, and ask them to delete it. Which off course they won't do, but still you never know.

Not so on-topic:

Hopefully I will be smart enough to skip the next Glu game, also I start to get annoyed by the reviews on the marketplace here in The Netherlands, 50% of the people say something like: crap and bugged, stay away from it. The other 50% says something like: must have and the people with negative reviews, grow up, this game is free it is wonderful. Yeah thanks man, because of people like them, Glu can make this crappy games. :rant:

Edited by Ariose
Fixed some language error's

• 2 weeks later...

This game has many glitches, one of them that caused you to leave the game (temporarily until an update comes out) is that I can not get to level 10, I restarted the game and start from scratch, I uninstall, reinstall , turn off the phone, I went back to download and you still let me get to that level

Can't unlock the addicted achievement, and I've played every day since I got this game (more than 10 days now). I've never touched my clock or cheated in any other way...just playing normally.

Dont waste your time. The achievement is glitched. Only one person in the world has it (who prob glitched it). Wait for a patch or maybe it will forever be unobtainable.

I spend the next today, in the morning add 2 gamertags here for the Contract Killer contracts, all normal, and my friends were to add 2 new, and this afternoon just disappeared all friends in the game, like the Gun Bros (and I was 9 and my bonus exp and xplodium lost)

For the last two days, the game will not boot online for me. I can only get it to work in airplane mode...which means no friends, challenges or gifts. Anyone else having a similar issue?

just about everyone i know has this issue. for me, it has been happening for 2+ weeks. I dont even play this anymore, so maybe now it is fixed. Not worth the effort. Too glitchy.

just about everyone i know has this issue. for me, it has been happening for 2+ weeks. I dont even play this anymore, so maybe now it is fixed. Not worth the effort. Too glitchy.

Has it been on and off for you, or is it a permanent thing.....like once you get into this state, you can't get back out of it?

I can boot the game...it'll sometimes load the main map, then the minute I click on anything, it'll crash. Other times, I can't even get that far...it'll just say "loading" and then crash right afterwards. One time, I was actually able to play through a mission or two, but the minute I clicked on "Friends"....crash.

This has been going on for two days....and the only reason I haven't completely given up on the game is I can still chase my level 20 achievement (I'm at level 19 right now)....and I suppose my 40 and "kill 13 people in 15 seconds" achievements too. Those are the last three I need that don't require credits or aren't glitched, and I think I can get them all offline.

Well I can get past the load screen now without any problems, but when the map pops up I can't do anything. I can't scroll or open things, all I can do is click the contracts or the safehouse and they just become highlighted. I still get the daily bonus but I can't even tap the close button for it. I hope they fix it soon or at least pull it from the marketplace until they get it right so others don't have to go through this crap.