Greatest game of all time

EaglesFanDan05

everything is perfect in this game....thre hasn't been a game that captured the same life that Banjo did. I mean even tooie felt a little strange at times becase Banjo Kazooie was the classic game. Music is 100% class and they are always songs you end up huming whilst doing somethign else.

Tooie i never completed. I got to Cloud Cukoo Land and got baffledby how wierd the level was.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree that playing through this again is bringing back fond memories. Makes me think that I would've paid full retail price (again) if this had been released as a regular game. Nice bonus to get for free with N&B though and well worth the price for those who decided to pass on the new one. Now if only they could release Blast Corp, Jet Force and Conker on the arcade.

Certainly belongs on a list of the top games of all time but I wouldn't go as far as the greatest. Definitely for platformers though! I was only 9 when this came out and I was so young that I ended up trading it in because I seemed to do that a lot. I never did get a chance to go back and play it and I've certainly been having a blast. It's ashame they don't make games like this anymore or that they don't even make many platformers anymore. The arcade library has been getting much better but I would have to say this is easily the best XLBA game and probably will be throughout the 360's lifespan. This game is a steal at $15 when it's released to everyone but to be included with the preorder of a $40 dollar game makes it ten times better. I wish Rare would release some more of their games from the N64 days onto the arcade (I know Banjo-Tooie is still to come and I'm looking forward to that one as well).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Banjo-Kazooie is definitely my favourite traditional 3D platformer of all time. The 3D platforming genre is something the 360 has a criminal lack of. Never played Banjo-Tooie, so am really looking forward to buying that aswell whenever it's unleashed!

Edited by ginsinuk

Err I use to love banjo. But now when playing it I just don't like it as much. I think people kinda overate the game when calling it 'Greatest game of all time' Its good to see it back and more advanced and its still obviously the best XBLA game atleast. But I completed like the first 4 levels in around under 45 minutes each in 100% completion and therefore don't need to go back. In Nuts and bolts theres different acts for like the same level. That gotta kinda annoying cos i didnt like the levels in that game but there needs to be more stuff in Banjo. If Rare are going to make a new banjo game make it like banjo but just bigger and better. I have not played Banjo Tooie though and look forward to completing it. But I would not say Banjo Kazooie is the best game ever though, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time was just top notch completed that like 3 times

i have ben a banjo fan since he came out as only about 5 years old with the best score system for notes i never could beat the game on the n64 but banjo tooie was a different story. banjo single handedly shaped me into a gamer. the new banjo game saddened me though i hardly new what i was doing 75% of the time because the text was so small but this seiries is in my top 3 for sure