Batman: Arkham City

TakingPeach

I can not stand this game, I am letting a friend take it for free I am that disapointed in the game. Easily one of the worst games I have ever played.

Not a single reason why. Don't you know nobody listens to extremists unless they have proof or backing?

The game was excellent. I enjoyed it more-so than the first which I thought was near revolutionary. It had it's letdowns especially in the campaign challenges but overall it was a huge step forward for the franchise.

Not a single reason why. Don't you know nobody listens to extremists unless they have proof or backing?

The game was excellent. I enjoyed it more-so than the first which I thought was near revolutionary. It had it's letdowns especially in the campaign challenges but overall it was a huge step forward for the franchise.

Don't need to be arguing. It is his own opinion.

What? near revolutionary? aside from having decent graphics it is just a beat em up action adventure game. There was definitely nothing "revolutionary" about it.

near revolutionary...lmao.

What? near revolutionary? aside from having decent graphics it is just a beat em up action adventure game. There was definitely nothing "revolutionary" about it.

AA reminded me of the 3D Zelda games but with Batman. Like Zelda you could basically go anywhere you wanted, but most of the world was locked out until you got a certain gadget, much like how Link finds new items during his quest that are required to complete dungeons.

As for AC, totally loved it. It took everything that made AA good and multiplied it by 5. The fact that the game actually had boss battles was more than enough to make me love it. Throw in my favorite Batman character (other than Batman), Catwoman and it was GOTY material for me. Loved everything about AC.

It's nothing new for gaming in general, but for Batman/Superhero games I think near revolutionary is fair. Maybe that's what he meant? At the very least it's a step in the right direction. (Not AC specifically, but the franchise.)

And shouldn't this be here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1570

This is how I rate the situation, I personally thought they were both excellent games but what made them equal is the fact that each one had something to make up for it's flaws. So here is my rating:

• Story(Campaigne)- Batman:Arkham Asylum story wins hands down for me as it just feels more finished, were as Batman:Arkham City feels like there are to many loose ends and a few holes in the story

• Enviroment- Batman:Arkham City wins hands down here as it just feels more open and the height of some of the building's are amazing.

• GamePlay: Batman:Arkham City now this time it is much closer as in Arkham City I didn't like the layout of the upgrade screen, but the amount of side missions and riddle's makes up for this and is why it wins over Arkham Asylum

• Boss's: Batman:Arkham Asylum wins this as I feel there were more boss's in it that were cool and abit more of a challenge.

• Graphics: They both are equal on this front, even though Arkham City is sharper, but you would expect that with a newer graphics engine. Arkham Asylum was an amazing looking game when it was first released and now the same can be said about Arkham City.

I hope this helps, but all I can say is that I loved both of the games.

I personally loved Arkham City. I'm always skeptical if the sequels will do better then the original game. I remember how pleasantly surprised I was with Arkham Asylum when I first bought it. I loved that game. Bought Arkham City and it surpasses Arkham Asylum. Great story, I love the side missions and being able to explore, the combat is so fluid, and the Harley Quinn DLC is very fun( sadly very short as well). I have only one real gripe and it isn't that big. I was just slightly let down with the backtracking so often in Arkham City, you have this huge city, you shouldn't have to backtrack in the story so often. But it is extremely fun and IMO a must buy.

Best part of Arkham City is that you could basically fly (not just glide) if you knew what you were doing. Other then that it wasn't much of a step up on Arkham Asylum...Maybe little bigger but otherwise basically the same game in a new environment. The story is pretty interesting though.