Badass Rank Upgrade Lock/Repetition

MARK1219KRAM

Hello there ladies and gentlemen, (...are you ready to rock? Curse you Rock Rand Intro.!)

Seeing as I have been unable to unearth any details or information on the subject I would like to pose this question to all of you: "Is there a point in increasing your Badass Rank that the upgrade options become locked/repeat every time?"

I ask because this is the issue I have been experiencing for some time now. My current Badass Rank is 50,490, and for the past dozen or so Badass Rank Level increases I have been getting the same five upgrade options. Each time they have been Fire Rate, Grenade Damage, Status Effect Chance, Status Effect Damage, and Max Health.

Now I am unsure as to whether or not it is a purely statistical/mathematical thing where these will be the only upgrade options I get until those categories have "caught up" with the others seeing as the first four I have by far the least invested in, or if I have found myself in an annoying little glitch.

Any information, thoughts, suggestions, and/or known fixes (if need be) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

- GT: ll MARK ll

Now I am unsure as to whether or not it is a purely statistical/mathematical thing where these will be the only upgrade options I get until those categories have "caught up" with the others seeing as the first four I have by far the least invested in, or if I have found myself in an annoying little glitch.

Any information, thoughts, suggestions, and/or known fixes (if need be) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I cannot give you a full confirmation, but yes it tends to gravitate to the lower percentage skills for display when spending Badass points. Someone will be along soon to lay out all the stats in how this works I'm sure.

You are both correct in your assumptions. My suggestion to you is to pick one of those skills repeatedly to raise it up, usually after 3 points you will then get something other than your standard five selections.

Edited by ExtremeRugburn

Just a tip, but if there is a reason you are avoiding those 5 statistical categories in comparison to the other choices you can avoid increasing 4 of them if you'd like.. If you simply select 10 out of the 14 categories that you would like to increase since you're given 5 choices each time you use a badass token you will ALWAYS have a category you are trying to increase within those 5. I know that sounds obvious..

For me, I avoid increasing: max health, melee, grenade dmg, and recoil.

This lets me level the other 10 stats without wasting valuable tokens on stats I'm not interested in.

When using the token the four "non-used" categories will always be listed but whichever the 5th is, is the one you choose.

Hello there ladies and gentlemen, (...are you ready to rock? Curse you Rock Rand Intro.!)

Seeing as I have been unable to unearth any details or information on the subject I would like to pose this question to all of you: "Is there a point in increasing your Badass Rank that the upgrade options become locked/repeat every time?"

I ask because this is the issue I have been experiencing for some time now. My current Badass Rank is 50,490, and for the past dozen or so Badass Rank Level increases I have been getting the same five upgrade options. Each time they have been Fire Rate, Grenade Damage, Status Effect Chance, Status Effect Damage, and Max Health.

Thanks!

You sir are of the most polite and articulate posters I have seen in a while. And ive had the same observations with the bad ass rank so I'm glad I got some answers. I thought my bad ass rank was high at 30k. But you sir, win