Dead Space , Come on everyone be honest :D

lxl Horizon

I'm very very curious, and PLEASE be honest everyone :)

While playing this game, during a part that made you jump or something, did you EVER or know anyone who actually screamed out loud?

My cousin did but unfortunately i didint get to see it lmfao, he just told me he was very calm and the house was quite, and he leaned over to grab his mic and his leg went over the remote, and turned up the volume without him realizing (he had his game on pause ), so he turned to the tv again and went to resume, and he says as soon as he unpaused the vent snapped and he wasnt sure if the tv was louder then him xD

just imagine THAT! lmfao! ! Sitting there, all of a sudden. *BWAA* "OH MY GOD AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! oh... oh wheres the remote?"

LMFAO!

if you got your stories dont be shy! :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)

That creature is his wife/girlfriend that he keeps seeing throughout the game.

It takes a lot for me to scream out loud, but there were quite a few times where I would start shaking or jump a little. There were even a few times where it stirred up my bowls :o.

I get scared very easily, yet after the first chapter of this game I didn't find it scary at all.

And mind you, I haven't even touched Resident Evil 4 due to all the things people say about it; I was even too scared to touch RE5 until I had a friend play it with me.

Resident Evil 4 isn't scary at all. Apart from when you hear a chainsaw revving but can't see from where. :p

No game has every made me scream(with fear anyway). Giant Spiders and Hunters in RE1 was the worst for me when I was younger. Walk around a corner and get jumped on.

Dark Space had nothing scary IMO.

I get scared very easily, yet after the first chapter of this game I didn't find it scary at all.

And mind you, I haven't even touched Resident Evil 4 due to all the things people say about it; I was even too scared to touch RE5 until I had a friend play it with me.

Resident Evil 4 isn't scary at all. Apart from when you hear a chainsaw revving but can't see from where. :p

No game has every made me scream(with fear anyway). Giant Spiders and Hunters in RE1 was the worst for me when I was younger. Walk around a corner and get jumped on.

Dark Space had nothing scary IMO.

RE5 is even less scary than RE4 was. It's like they took the horror part out of survival-horror with this installment. I think RE5 was more tense and frustrating than anything. Tense because I would be afraid to mess something up when I was going through on the hardest difficulty.

not exactly scared of the game, but i think the only time i jump at it was when i was stomping on corpses for the 1k limb dismemberment. not paying attention much to anythin else and BLAM a corpse jumps up at me and trys to eat my eyes.

dead space imo is probably one of the best 3rd person over shoulder shooters on 360.

I think this game was perfect in terms of scariness.

I hate to be so scared that it puts me off playing a game, like the first mission in Condemned 2.

Dead Space tho, was very good, the only time I got REAL scared was at the ending when his girlfriend pops up from nowhere

I was actually expecting that, to be honest.

I was playing the ending with my uncle watching and during that cinematic he said he saw something moving in the background; that made me expect something to happen right at the end.

Sure enough, she showed up.

I hate to be so scared that it puts me off playing a game, like the first mission in Condemned 2.

Especially on the hardest difficulty, it doesn't help knowing that the oil creatures are equally as powerful as they are scary. :D

I thought Dead Space was enough to keep me on edge at all times, but nothing made me cry out in fear.

I never really jumped or screamed. I pretty preped myself for the game, knowing that it would be jumpy etc and it worked like a treat.

I would go through the game and look around as I played and was thinking "Theres a vent, get ready" and nothing will happen and like "Ok, open the door and brace yourself" then a body would fall and I wouldnt mind.

Obviously as I carried on I missed some things and forgot about my no scare plan and I did get a bit freaked out but all was good when you get into the swing of things.

But that bit where the guy in banging is head wasnt at all scary. For me, I wasted like 5+ mins wondering what it was and just walking really slowly around the corner etc until I saw him lol. One bit that gets me the worse though in the game is the music.

I remember one bit where I killed a few enemies and the violins kicked in. You know where there sound starts off slow and quite and picks up to a louder, higher faster pitch. It went on or ages and I spent 5+ mins again camped in a corner aiming for stuff to come. All because the music was tense and like something was going to happen. The musice suddenly stoped and ... nothing! lol. I laughted at myself!

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I never scream out loud when scared, even at horror movies. I tend to get the chills with things like that. I have to say that the atmosphere has creeped me out a few times in this game. Ususally when i'm playing in the dark and you get a whispering voice or any of the Twinkle Star moments. Having a full blown digital surround system on really adds to it.

So as regards atmosphere and ambience the game is bloody impressive, and really hits the mark for me.

Man I hyped the fear factor this game was going to have way too much. I played it, and it really wasn't scary at all. I thought I was going to be terrified during this game, so I put it off for 2 years to play it! I finally played it, and I have to admit, it wasn't scary at all, I didn't jump once. A little disappointed about that, but relieved all at the same time haha.

Nothing in the game ever made me scream but there were a few moments that made me jump a little you know get the heart racing. On the first chapter when you have to get the key or whatever I had my back against a wall and I didn't know they could pop out of the vents behind you and one did made me jump lol. Other time that got me a little is when you first see the Brute punch that hole in the wall.

the game was awesome ... some freaky situations like the crazy "survivers" killing theirself. i thought " what the hell is that noise?" ohh look hes smashing his head against the wall ... but most of the people i was talking with about dead space told me that they were only scared at the end of the game like all the others already said in here. well i got warned and it didnt scared me at all. a bit sad but still a fantastic survival horror in my opinion :)

I refuse to play ANY scary game and to this point my gamercard has no horrors (except left 4 dead which I will ONLY play in co-op) or anything like that.....but, my friend had me try the demo. I was very wary and didn't want to but oh well, I enjoy shooters so gave it shot. Game started and I was already nervous lol. Not a fan of dark places haha. So anyways I saw the first monster that almost killed me but I managed to kill him (or so I thought!!!). When I was ready to progress the monster regained consciousness or something and started attacking me again and that is when I let out a small yell and said "Ok, I'm done, thank you" and went to the dashboard D: My friend has it and I am going to watch him play it, will be interesting....lol. That is my embarrassing story, please don't judge :p