Surprise! Achievement - How to unlock

Michmaster

Credit to gamerboyTHXtss

Taken from TA, he posted a guide:

Right now the only way to get this achievement is to have the host of the match make the game lag really bad. To make it lag I clicked on a random file to upload to YouTube. While it was uploading it caused immense lag to everyone in the game except me.

Now while that is uploading the achievement can be obtained. It works for the host too!

This can be done on any map in the game. I did it on Island. Get a boosting group together and search for quickmatch Overrun. Before you search have the host start up the lag. After you start the lag begin the search. It will take about 4-5 minutes until it puts you in a match with bots only.

After your in the match try to get someone on the other team. We just stopped the lag so someone could join, invited them to the party and had them invite 1 of the people in our group after they left the match. Now with the remaining bot spots open we just filled them in with guests. Just back out and sign them in. Then rejoin the match.

Now that you have no bots to worry about, have the people on the locust team getting the achievement save up to 5000 points to buy the corpser. Do this quickly by picking the grenadier and using the lancer to keep downing the enemies. Have a medic keep reviving them over and over until everyone gets 5000.

After everyone on the locust team has 5000 points then have them pick the corsper. Now that everyone is a corpser have the host of the match start the lag by messing up your connection. Everyone should now be lagging except the host.

Get the cog team to be Paduk because he dies in 1 hit from the corpser. Get 2 Paduk's standing next to eachother. Finally as the corpser go under ground and pop out right when your under them. It should say SAVING and you should get The Double ribbon and the achievement.

This method worked for everyone I was playing with.

Here is a video showing me getting the achievement using this method.

It shows that there are 2 bot wretches because 1 of our boosting guys power went out.

Edited by Michmaster

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some trick to lagging your connection? I have tried multiple times by uploading and streaming videos on youtube, and while the computer is going incredibly slow, my internet speed remains unaffected. I'm not sure if maybe it won't work with a wireless laptop or something, or if my internet is too fast (which is doubtful). Sucks really as I never thought I would get so annoyed that my connection WON'T lag....

Is there some trick to lagging your connection? I have tried multiple times by uploading and streaming videos on youtube, and while the computer is going incredibly slow, my internet speed remains unaffected. I'm not sure if maybe it won't work with a wireless laptop or something, or if my internet is too fast (which is doubtful). Sucks really as I never thought I would get so annoyed that my connection WON'T lag....

Try downloading (instead of uploading) a few of the 10 hour music videos from Youtube using Ant video downloader or Savevid.com. I downloaded four videos at once when I was going for the Leader achievement in Gears 2 (win 10 rounds as Leader) and I got bot matches every single time but two. I think there were like 30 people playing that mode at that time, also.

I recommend 'Epic Sax Guy/Rick Roll'd', 'Taking the Hobbits to Isengard', 'Voldemort laughing like a retard' or even '10 hours of Kate Upton's Bouncing Boobs'.

Credit to gamerboyTHXtss

Taken from TA, he posted a guide:

Right now the only way to get this achievement is to have the host of the match make the game lag really bad. To make it lag I clicked on a random file to upload to YouTube. While it was uploading it caused immense lag to everyone in the game except me.

Now while that is uploading the achievement can be obtained. It works for the host too!

This can be done on any map in the game. I did it on Island. Get a boosting group together and search for quickmatch Overrun. Before you search have the host start up the lag. After you start the lag begin the search. It will take about 4-5 minutes until it puts you in a match with bots only.

After your in the match try to get someone on the other team. We just stopped the lag so someone could join, invited them to the party and had them invite 1 of the people in our group after they left the match. Now with the remaining bot spots open we just filled them in with guests. Just back out and sign them in. Then rejoin the match.

Now that you have no bots to worry about, have the people on the locust team getting the achievement save up to 5000 points to buy the corpser. Do this quickly by picking the grenadier and using the lancer to keep downing the enemies. Have a medic keep reviving them over and over until everyone gets 5000.

After everyone on the locust team has 5000 points then have them pick the corsper. Now that everyone is a corpser have the host of the match start the lag by messing up your connection. Everyone should now be lagging except the host.

Get the cog team to be Paduk because he dies in 1 hit from the corpser. Get 2 Paduk's standing next to eachother. Finally as the corpser go under ground and pop out right when your under them. It should say SAVING and you should get The Double ribbon and the achievement.

This method worked for everyone I was playing with.

Here is a video showing me getting the achievement using this method.

It shows that there are 2 bot wretches because 1 of our boosting guys power went out.

I can't lag my connection. Been trying this for days. I have two controllers so if there is boosting group I can put up a guest if needed.

Why can't i be lucky enough to be invited to a game where this achievement is obtainable??? I've done 2 whole sessions with all 10 ppl in the party and have had no such luck. Both sessions were hosted in rank matches. Maybe that's the problem? For the love of god, someone please help cause this chieve is driving me nuts!!!

I can lag my connection, only problem is getting people that join the match to join our party, yesterday 5 people joined the other team but no one wanted to enter the party so we can't know for sure if it works or not

I'll be on now, so if anyone has a team let me know

LT3 michmaster

Edited by Michmaster

I can lag my connection, only problem is getting people that join the match to join our party, yesterday 5 people joined the other team but no one wanted to enter the party so we can't know for sure if it works or not

I'll be on now, so if anyone has a team let me know

LT3 michmaster

I would like to give it a shot.

can you guys try join my lobby? im at a bot one right now

people are saying it is possible to do with bots? I tried that yesterday and I'm sure I killed 2 bots after emerging, maybe I didn't correctly, we could try again with bots

Edited by Michmaster