isabele

RILLISM

hi got problems getting isabele to join me in act 3.

got a save before the last 2-3 quests in act 2 and ive tried to reload them to see if i can get any other quest with her.

tried to talk to her in hanged man bar and opened a dialog which gave 5+ rep but then she wont talk to me.

tried to do all the remaining quests and got questioning belife after "catching a thife" but since she left already i cant find her at hanging man

(got about 70% to friendly with her)

Did you duel the Qunari for her freedom?

just tried to reload that part and she wont show up at the fight :(

accepted to help her get the relic, then she leaves the party and leaves a note, then i get the quest questioning belife that tells me to go meet her @ hanged mans but she cant be found anywhere :/ got her to about 70% friendly...

Are you going there at night?

yeah tried both night and day

just tried to do catch a thief agien and went for questioning belif as soon as it popped (before i looted the note) didnt work either and now i cant go fruther cause i cant loot the note :p

guess ill try agein -_- the i guess i have to replay everything :(

Btw is the questioning belif quest supposed to pop before or after catch a thief?

Edited by RILLISM

You're meant to do Questioning Beliefs by talking to her before the part where you lose her, and as long as you have 50% friendship + (which you do) and you've done Questioning Beliefs (which you need 50% for anyway) she should come back when you get to the Arishok.

OK, but the probelm is a cant get questioning beliefs before after she leaves the party :( ive tried to talk to her every other quest since i had the same probelm my first playthrough but all ive gotten is the quests before questioning beliefs and the last coversation where you get 5+rep but no questioning beliefs quest :( guess i will have to make another playthrough :(

OK, but the probelm is a cant get questioning beliefs before after she leaves the party :( ive tried to talk to her every other quest since i had the same probelm my first playthrough but all ive gotten is the quests before questioning beliefs and the last coversation where you get 5+rep but no questioning beliefs quest :( guess i will have to make another playthrough :(

Are you romancing her? Have you gone to your estate at night?

Are you going there at night?

I had the exact same problem and tried both day and night.

I think it's some sort of bug where you just barely meet the threshold of friendship/rivalry needed to make her stay *during* the decision making process about the idol, and so the quest updates it's status appropriately but the game world itself handles her availability based on it's previous level of friendship/rivalry. If that makes any sense heh.

Just sounds like another glitch based on the dozens of others of this sloppy nature we have already seen.

I'm about to load an older save to squeeze a few more points from her friendship to test that out, as I was nearly full friendship (but not quiet about 80%) during the decision about the idol, so I will post my findings later this eve. Also I was not trying to romance her in my playthrough just friendship. I went with Merril because she is easy to please and free of character breaking bugs.. lol.

if you have a slightly older save go do her at your house, you can get like +20 friendship that way

only had one where i had one where i had following the qun , demands of the qun and night terror left to do :( otherwise i have to go back about 5-7 hours ...

I had the same problem mate, exactly same thing and there is no fix to it. You gonna have to play the second act again. That quest just glitched on you, in fact you should get that quest a lot earlier not after "To catch a thief". Just load your save from the beginning of the 2nd act and take Isabela everywhere with you, do every quest with her (even if it's not her quest) and stuff like that and you'll be fine. Make a save before each quest or each conversation, so you won't lose a friendship with her by choosing the wrong answer. Also, at the beginning of the 2nd act take Isabela with you to "High Town" and talk to the dwarf that gives "Fools Gold" quest (located not too far from Hawke estate. During that conversation use rather strong language (shout you're moth and stuff like that) and refuse to help him with his quest and you gonna get +10 to Isabelas friendship. You can still accept that quest, after you refused to help, just leave Isabela out of the party and go back to the dwarf to accept the quest. After that you can add her again to the party and finish the quest with her. A good thing is to take her on "Night Terror quest" along with Merrill and Avaline. Isabella (and Merrill) should turn against you during that quest (don't worry you won't loose any friendship with her) and after you're done with it you'll get another quest to talk to her in the Hanged Man, where you can gain even more friendship with her (+15 if I remember correctly). There will be a lot more opportunities to raise the friendship with her along the way. Make sure to do the "Ship in the Bottle" quest for her as well it will boost your friendship with her with another 15 points. You should be friend with her by the time you get "To catch a thief" quest or at least you should be pretty close. Romancing her helps as well to gain more friendship and you should do so to make sure you have as much friendship with her as you can before doing the final quest. If you gonna take her with you everywhere she won't glitch this time and you'll get the "Questioning beliefs" much earlier this time. It sucks that you have to replay the whole act again (I had to do it too) but I hope that helps at least a little.

Edited by LoD WheeZzy

you also have to agree to let Isabella take the book to settle her debt with Castion, you can't choose to give it to the Qunari.

I got her to come back after telling her to give the book to the Qunari. If you have a high enough friendship with her already she will even agree that it is the right thing to do. She does still then steal the book but she will return with the book for the Qunari when you confront the Arishok. I then got her back in my party by defeating the Arishok in 1v1 combat.

I had the exact same problem and tried both day and night.

I'm about to load an older save to squeeze a few more points from her friendship to test that out, as I was nearly full friendship (but not quiet about 80%) during the decision about the idol, so I will post my findings later this eve. Also I was not trying to romance her in my playthrough just friendship.

Just a quick update:

I went back and did a few quests before the 'To Catch A Thief' quest, netting about +15 friendship points with her. Basically I did one generic quest and Night Terrors, at which point she apologized for betraying me in the fade, and after accepting the apology her Disbelief quest popped up right before my eyes in the bar. (Previously I did not get this quest until AFTER 'To Catch A Thief' when she is vanished like some of you have been mentioning)

I then flirted with her during the Disbelief quest in the bar, (which gave another +20 friendship) and then was able to wrap up the main plot and start 'To Catch A Thief', which gave another +15 friendship after I said she could keep the book (granted she vanished at this point)

Now I went to the final confrontation with Arishok (after you enter Viscount's Keep), and sure enough this time she showed her bitch whore face. (Avelines words not mine hah) She didn't pop in until after you fight the first wave of Qunari (after the guy gets beheaded)

So I'm guessing she has a very specific threshold she needs to be at before starting the wrap up quests. (Romanced or very high friendship pre quest)

So basically try to squeeze those last few points from her and see if that does the trick, otherwise you will need to load further back. After doing this I finally got my achievement for 'Great Minds Think Alike' when saying I'd defend her (during the cutscene even), so i'm glad I bothered to test a bit :)

Edited by wizzlestick

you also have to agree to let Isabella take the book to settle her debt with Castion, you can't choose to give it to the Qunari.

Not true, in both my playthroughs I've told her to return the book to the Qunari and she's come back to me both times. Although I did bone her both times so that might be the OP's problem.

Isabela seems to be the damned thing giving me the most trouble in this game. Her 50% wouldn't pop, even though I was bordering on like 90% friendship. I did everything I could, read like 5 guides and that damn thing just won't pop..... GAH.

All I want is a shot at the supplier achievement, now I gotta go back and do the entire act over just cause of some stupid mini cutscene that won't pop.

That pirate hooker is starting to make me hate this game.

i ever even met her... does it matter that im a female character?

No your gender does not matter; I was also female with one of my hawkes.

Also, you pick her up in Act 1 as an optional quest (I believe you just walk in the Hanged Man tavern and she was there), so if you don't do that during Act 1 you cannot use her as a companion for the entire game.