Gyromancer - Achievement Guide and Road Map

dmfaust

Here's how to do an Combo x8 (works for 7)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LYfOc8EU5k]YouTube- Gyromancer - Combo x8[/ame]

And here's my Gyro Chain

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5G3ttOHmSE]YouTube- Gyromancer - Gyro Chain (spoiler)[/ame]

A Grimalkin is probably a better choice than a Cait Sith as you get more health.

Another good match up is a Frost Aevis versus a Lifetaker, almost made it two times. You have to be careful not to trigger any rushes.

The new achievements show up on xbox.com for me now... any word on DLC working? Did you buy it, dmfaust?

I just noticed they are showing up now as well. I did indeed buy the DLC. Oddly there is no patch, and as far as I can tell the levels are still inaccessible in game. Maybe there is a work around(I'm redownloading it all now/clearing cache/etc.) but as of this posting looks like it's still broken.

I'm considering a polite email to xboxlive about the DLC. Considering they pulled Fallout 3 The Pitt (I think it was The Pitt) within 3 hours of release because it was bugged and glitchy, to have DLC avaliable that just doesn't work at all is ridiculous.

Wonder if making a facebook group would do it...worked for Christmas #1...:rock

Just got home from work last night around 11pm, waiting for my friend to come over and play some Culdcept I decided to try and get my Bomberman Live and/or Gyromancer to work.

I loaded up Gyromancer as usual, nothing changed so i saved and exited to the main title screen, chose download content and re-downloaded the map pack, started my saved game again and the map screen wheeled to the challengers door part and the three stages showed up.

There are no accomplishments for the new stages, just new Gyro codes to find, so the Challengers Door has to be completed to get the 120 awards *grumble*

• 2 weeks later...

DLC Walkthough

Rivel's Trail

Just follow the walkthrough of the Challenge door to get past all the stones. When you make it to the boss, don't worry about losing because any health he lost will still be lost when you refight him. You will not be sent out of the stage.

Scion of Four

You need to have a team of (Red/Orange) - (Yellow/Purple) - (Blue/White) In order to beat this stage. The new monsters on the left right and bottom are blocking their gyro codes. The boss is an water element.

Dragons

Up the center is the actual boss of the stage, the Dragon Lord, fire elemental. The other two boss sprites are the other two monsters of the DLC. On the left side you have to clear out Enemy Nests to make your way up since there are arrows forcing you down if you go the wrong way. On the left side you have to fight a Green Elemental Dragon that heals himself every turn. On the right side you have to find four switches to push while being chased by monsters, when you push all four switches the gate blocking the boss is opened and you fight an Orange Elemental Dragon that poisons you at the start of the battle.

The three achievements are really easy to get if you are high enough level with the right affinity monsters.

And the new Yellow Elemental bird from the Scion stage is really freaking amazing for getting some of the Crests in the Challenger's door. But the Orange Elemental dragon is the one you want to use now to beat it since he poisons at the start of every turn and can fill the board with attack orbs fast.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

possible problem with 'The Enlightened' achievement for me.

I defeated Everett today in what seemed like the final boss battle, but no achievement.

Is this normal and will I get it after mopping up all the other bosses on the final level, or has it glitched?

• 1 month later...

Hi, I developed a very easy way for the 7-gem match in Challenger's Stage. Please add it to your Guide!!! It really was WAY easier. I made it in 15 minutes after figuring out that method!!!

Here is the method that I developed for the Challenger's Door. It might be easier for you - it certainly was for me:

Use the Vulture. Then make a building like this in the lowest row:

white-(any)-white-white-(any)-white-white

note that the two not-white stones must be the same color. Now hope for a Freeze-ability-stone that is the same color of the two (any) stones. Use the ability stone, and the two (any) stones will turn white. There you have it, a 7-gem match!

- also, the first enemy (Caith) will copy your freeze ability, that actually may help you towards your match.

--> For the complete Challenge award:

When you choose Resheph as your creature, the board will ALWAYS (!!!) start the same way. This means, you will only need to repeat the same twists every fight - you always start with three ability gems on top of that, that you always can use to take away half of the enemy's life energy from the first three twists. It's really funny, because suddenly it is no challenge anymore - at all.

Edited by Cringer85

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the easy method for the Challenger's Door close shave award's (Win a battle while your beast has less than 1% of it max HP.)

Take the Web Spinner

2200 points

The opponent Mimic will get the web hunt spell which deal 556hp.

The opponent Tail slash Deals 298hp.

So let 6 web hunt explodes and 2 Tail slash explodes

556 x 6 + 298 x 2 = 3376 hp, so you will be left with 24 hp which is less than 1%

I got the award on the first tried.

Hi, I developed a very easy way for the 7-gem match in Challenger's Stage. Please add it to your Guide!!! It really was WAY easier. I made it in 15 minutes after figuring out that method!!!

white-(any)-white-white-(any)-white-white

Thanks it worked for me quickly and I did made it vertically!

Edited by Orion Ben

• 2 years later...