What would be a good HD Remake?

TheGuyWhoDoesStuff

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Ridley: they really need to make a Majoras Mask 3D now that i have a 3ds!

I haven't played A Link Between Worlds yet, but there are apparently a lot of references to Majora's Mask in there. I feel that a remake is pretty much a certainty.

I can't wait for the "new gamers" to struggle like hell with the game. They couldn't work out how to play Super Metroid, so I chuckle at the thought of the time mechanic dragging them back over and over again.

A little hint for those of you that have never played the game:

Down C, A, Right C, Down C, A, Right C.

It'll help. :)

I haven't played A Link Between Worlds yet, but there are apparently a lot of references to Majora's Mask in there. I feel that a remake is pretty much a certainty.

I can't wait for the "new gamers" to struggle like hell with the game. They couldn't work out how to play Super Metroid, so I chuckle at the thought of the time mechanic dragging them back over and over again.

A little hint for those of you that have never played the game:

Down C, A, Right C, Down C, A, Right C.

It'll help. :)

I'm playing it right now! For starters, Majoras mask is hanging on the wall in your house, that's all i've seen so far. I think the newer generation learning curve is hilarious. Kinda like trying to play the NES Zelda... It's hard !

I'd love to see an HD collection of Saint's Row on the Xbox One! :dance:

Similar to some of the other posts I've seen, why would we need an HD remake of a series that's already in HD. The idea of HD collection is to bring forward those games that suffer from lack of letterbox and the blurry textures of SD. There are no differences between 7th and 8th gen consoles in terms of visual aspects unless they want to upscale everything to 1080p or 4000K.

Saints Row is one of those series that is 100% rooted in the HD era. I can see them maybe doing a compilation pack to put them all in a single purchase, but they already have the SR1 and SR2 double pack. 3 and 4 are easy to find as well, so I don't think it's really necessary at this point.

I'd KILL to see another Silent Hill HD collection that's, you know, THE ACTUAL GOD DAMN GAMES AND NOT THE MOTHERF**KING BUGGY PIECES OF SHIT THEY RELEASED. /endrant

Also, I'd love to see games 1-4, not just 2 & 3. RIP Team Silent.

Fans of SR say that the first is the only bad one is the first one. They also say the second is the best.

The first one was hard, but otherwise an excellent game. Two was quite amazing as well, but not as good as the original IMO. SRTT was awful and SRIV was amazing, but for very different reasons than the first two. I really hated Steelport compared to Stilwater, but the super powers in the 4th game overshadowed even that issue. It was a blast running up buildings and gliding from one side of the city to the other. My biggest disappointment was that becoming President didn't really have any impact on the game. I wish there would've been some benefit to being the most powerful man in the free world. Maybe SRV where we become leader of Earth and begin exploration of Mars (as we all know Ultor started mining Mars in 2050 according to Red Faction Lore.)

Edited by DarkReign2021

• 2 weeks later...

There are loads of HD remakes i would love to see. But i think it would be cool if they did one for Mafia 1. That game was awesome on pc but the console ports were crap. Would love to see a proper remake done on 360 or Xb1. Some other ones I'd like to see are Lunar 1 and 2 (two amazing Jrpgs), Shenmue 1 and 2 (don't understand why they never did it they did every other great Dreamcast game), any old Tales of game (awesome Jrpg series), a proper Tony Hawk HD remake would be nice, Grandia 1 and 2 would be amazing as well. I can go on but I'll stop there.

Thinking about it some more; I would like to see Yu-Gi-Oh The Forsaken Kingdom remade for newer consoles. Honestly outside of the games based on the card game, it was one of the best uses of the Yu-Gi-Oh ip.

That and I would like to see Forbidden Memories remade as well. I would love to get achievements for beating that game. Shit's hard though.

A HD collection of the first three Thief games would be great.

I would be all for this. I still enjoy hopping on Thief 3 and wreaking havoc from time to time just for the hell of it.

The first 4 .hack games and the 4 onimusha games

This might be a bit too obvious, but does anybody else thing they should make an MMO based on the .Hack. Considering the premise of the series, giving this project to the right developer could yield amazing results ^_^