BAD REVIEWS. is it worth getting?

why is this game just getting PANNED by many reviewers? the game is getting horrible reviews, with a lot of negative attitude. and this is from a lot of reviewers, so this opinion seems as if it is the majority. i dont have the game yet, and im asking you gamers on this site if this game is good or not. rate it out of 10, and tell me if this game is worth buying. im a tmnt fan, and of course, im taking that into account into getting this game or not.

I've not been reading the reviews per se (I did read one for whatever reason from a page I follow on Facebook (which I recall was fairly favorable)), but I imagine they are bad because the combat just feels clunky when compared to the Batman Arkham games (which it mimics), the short (and pretty easy) story without a whole lot to it, and the lack of online for the other modes that actually could use them. Sure, there are a minor glitches, but I've only encountered one that broke the game (in Survival Mode, one of the Foot Soldiers froze in place and couldn't be attacked, making it impossible to complete the round, and that was just last night). Also, there's no guarantee that the reviewers are TMNT fans.

As an Arcade game, on the whole, I'd probably personally give it a 6. As a Turtle fan, maybe an 8. As a game, it's not great, but it's not terrible either. Now, if we get a patch that polishes up the combat some and gives us online for Challenge Mode and Arcade Mode (and obviously fix the bugs), I'd probably add a point.

I think the main problem is that, at least to me, the game wasn't all that fun at first. After leveling up the turtles and getting better at the combat, I started having tons of fun. Even my kid loves it.

It took me a few times through the demo before I decided to buy it.

I think the main problem is that, at least to me, the game wasn't all that fun at first. After leveling up the turtles and getting better at the combat, I started having tons of fun. Even my kid loves it.

That too. I initially had something to that effect in my response, but ended up deleting it for whatever reason. It gets a whole lot better as you level-up and become more able.

There several minor issues I have with the game that makes it kinda annoying, like loading screens with 'press A to continue' for EVERYTHING, down to loading the hack screen. Something else that gets to me is the fact that you can't see all enemies that are attacking you on the screen at once because the camera too close to the character. This leads to not knowing/being able to counter or block if an enemy is doing a leaping special attack from off the screen, which will break your combo.

Aside from that and all the minor menu navigation issues, for some reason I have still actually been enjoying the game. I'm not a turtles fan, so it isn't nostalgia.. There's just something about it that I'm enjoying.. Maybe the teamwork aspect in it that I've wanted in the batman games..

For 15 bucks, you may as well get it and have a good time with it.

Edited by mule jackson

I say don't waste the money. The combat is possibly the worst I've ever seen in any video game in history, there can be almost a five-second delay between hitting a button and the turtle performing the action, and the defensive controls are so sluggish and unresponsive that the game is damn near unplayable. At $5 it would be ok. At $15 it's absolute robbery.

It's my favorite TMNT game. It's rough around the edges, with a learning curve and obvious flaws, but as long as you don't go in expecting the combat to be as great as Batman's (it's like Batman's, but it's not as fluid or perfect) you should be fine.

Even ignoring my love for TMNT, I find it to be an extremely solid game.

The major problems are:

- Camera's retarded.

- AI can sometimes be a little unresponsive.

- There are bugs, but I mean, I only encountered one that was actually an issue, and it happened only once.

- Block/Dodge/Counter is not perfect.

Play the demo, and just remember that the attacks vary as you level up. For example, you can eventually get Special Moves, Special Weapons (for more special moves), better counters, combo moves, faster combo building, etc.

For example, my playing Donatello from the beginning was fun, but nothing too impressive. My Donatello now (maxed out) is insane and loads of fun to play with some awesome moves (that Gravity Glove, my god).

I wouldn't give it a 10. It's not perfect. No game is. I'd say a solid 7-7.5/10, but as a TMNT fan I want to give it an 8/10 since I literally love this game (19 hours logged into it).

I'd say those that don't like it either: Didn't give it much of a chance, went in with very different expectations or places too much hate on some of the more minor flaws.

I would venture to say it's a love it or hate it kind of game.

As for worth the $15, I mean, for me it was. I spent $10+$5 from Bing/etc, but I've gotten plenty of time and enjoyment out of it and I don't even have all the turtles maxed out or achievements yet. And there are a lot of modes with decent replayability if you do enjoy it.

Depends on what you value in regards to game/price.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a fun enough game. Story is pretty decent, combat and leveling your turtles up is a great addition to the game aswell. The only one thing that I didn't like was the fact that I couldn't play arcade or challenge mode online. The only mode you can play online is the main story unfortunately.

Should had been 800 MS points and not 1200 at release(10$ now instead of 15$)

The game is a bit too pricy for what its worth, but again it may be because im used to buy retail games at cheaper price, as i usually wait for them to get very low price like 15$ unless its a huge game like GOW, Skyrim, GTA or whatever... that gonna give me tons of hours of play.

I would say personally i enjoy it, the turtles are overall what there supose to be, sometimes they talk a bit too much and make stupid comment but still its the turtle style too so its ok, i have not done all the story but so far it seem ok, ennemies seem to be a mix of classic and new ones and the gameplay do improve a lot once you level up your turtles... definately...

I would say overall its decent ... if your a turtle fan. Personally i would at DOTW 33% off it would be a good guy.

There is a couple bugs ocasionally too( and the hacking mini games are definately stupid and time wasting, but at least there not hard and there not a lot of them...

• 2 years later...
It's my favorite TMNT game. It's rough around the edges, with a learning curve and obvious flaws, but as long as you don't go in expecting the combat to be as great as Batman's (it's like Batman's, but it's not as fluid or perfect) you should be fine.

Even ignoring my love for TMNT, I find it to be an extremely solid game.

The major problems are:

- Camera's retarded.

- AI can sometimes be a little unresponsive.

- There are bugs, but I mean, I only encountered one that was actually an issue, and it happened only once.

- Block/Dodge/Counter is not perfect.

Play the demo, and just remember that the attacks vary as you level up. For example, you can eventually get Special Moves, Special Weapons (for more special moves), better counters, combo moves, faster combo building, etc.

For example, my playing Donatello from the beginning was fun, but nothing too impressive. My Donatello now (maxed out) is insane and loads of fun to play with some awesome moves (that Gravity Glove, my god).

I wouldn't give it a 10. It's not perfect. No game is. I'd say a solid 7-7.5/10, but as a TMNT fan I want to give it an 8/10 since I literally love this game (19 hours logged into it).

I'd say those that don't like it either: Didn't give it much of a chance, went in with very different expectations or places too much hate on some of the more minor flaws.

I would venture to say it's a love it or hate it kind of game.

As for worth the $15, I mean, for me it was. I spent $10+$5 from Bing/etc, but I've gotten plenty of time and enjoyment out of it and I don't even have all the turtles maxed out or achievements yet. And there are a lot of modes with decent replayability if you do enjoy it.

Depends on what you value in regards to game/price.

^ this sums up my thoughts on the game.

Fun game especially if you are a huge TMNT fan, with lots of replayablility. Controls were similar to Batman: Arkham games but just not as crisp. I thought the counter system was a little unresponsive at times, and I also would lose my combo randomly at times.

One minor complaint of mine was not being able to invert the Y axis for the camera control, took me forever to get used to that. An online mode for arcade and Survivor would have been awesome as well.