Lost interest - Cancelled my preorder

Hoborg

Had this preordered way back in the summer when it was suppose to release in September. Perfect release date imo, not many games came out in Sept.

Then the idiots changed the release date to freaking December. Who the fuck releases games in December? I got finals and stuff, then I leave over winter break so I have no access to a console. That's such a bunch of shit, not everyone here is a kid living at home with his parents. December is in fact the worst month for gaming for me.

Do you know why the pushed up the release date? Because of the co-op shit. That's right, this fucking co-op trend has to stop. I'm tired of virtually every single game tacking on useless modes just to satify the "bros" out there.

Also, the multiplayer components including co-op suck. Check out IGN's video review from your xbox app. Great singleplayer campaign spoiled by typical tacked on trash MP.

You guys can help stop this co-op craze. Stop playing co-op with your friends. Just don't touch it if it isn't an exclusive co-op game like Left 4 Dead. If you have REAL friends then go outside. Enjoy a breath of fresh air. I can recommend several REAL WORLD social outlets. Have you tried fishing? Camping? That's a fun challenge.

There's always bowling or how about a classic poker night?. Have fun, but stop playing co-op because that trend is completely killing off decent games.

Either way, I'm not picking up this crap until it's cheap. Really disappointed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cancelled it because it was moved to Dec. but more because it's co-op. The first part, the move, is unavoidable and could prevent glitches and bugs...not that it does.

But the co-op part is optional to play. No one says you have to play co-op. I'd much rather play co-op with friends, than MP with people I don't know. Give me some tin foil to chew instead.

You do know that when you pick it up when it's cheap, it'll still have co-op!

Either way, both are pretty weak reasons to cancel it. But, it's your choice.

Had this preordered way back in the summer when it was suppose to release in September. Perfect release date imo, not many games came out in Sept.

Then the idiots changed the release date to freaking December. Who the fuck releases games in December? I got finals and stuff, then I leave over winter break so I have no access to a console. That's such a bunch of shit, not everyone here is a kid living at home with his parents. December is in fact the worst month for gaming for me.

they can't cater to everyone. They delayed it to add new things that could do nothing but make the game better. Stop your whining.

Do you know why the pushed up the release date? Because of the co-op shit. That's right, this fucking co-op trend has to stop. I'm tired of virtually every single game tacking on useless modes just to satify the "bros" out there.

Coop is not a trend at all. competitive on the other hand is. I for one am glad that they added Coop. It looks real fun!

Also, the multiplayer components including co-op suck. Check out IGN's video review from your xbox app. Great singleplayer campaign spoiled by typical tacked on trash MP.

IGN are fucking dumb. End of story

You guys can help stop this co-op craze. Stop playing co-op with your friends. Just don't touch it if it isn't an exclusive co-op game like Left 4 Dead. If you have REAL friends then go outside. Enjoy a breath of fresh air. I can recommend several REAL WORLD social outlets. Have you tried fishing? Camping? That's a fun challenge.

But I like this so called "coop craze"

There's always bowling or how about a classic poker night?. Have fun, but stop playing co-op because that trend is completely killing off decent games.

how are they killing it off?! They're only adding new modes. Not taking away a single thing.

Your loss you useless nob. Probably couldn't make it past the fucking tutorial anyways.

My thoughts bolded in quote

Honestly I fucking did the same. This game will only be hyped for a month or two max and that's it. Nobody will talk about it or touch it afterwards.

Game looks amazing but I must admit I too cancelled my pre-order and will pick it up after Xmas.

Been playing a lot of BLOPS2 and Halo4 recently so I'm starting to get a bit burned out on the FPS genre and would rather play through something like Forza Horizon or Hitman than another shooter at the moment.

Besides, hopefully the game will be patched by then - let's face it, an openworld game is going to have several bugs at launch.

I'm only concerned that it may be disappointing because some of the big games I've bought recently have been.

But even if its the same as far cry 2 in single player then that'll be fine by me. I thought the SP in 2 was great, wasn't keen on the multiplayer, but I still bought it because the SP outweighed the MP in terms of fun.

Co-op in campaigns are a godsend when you have a significant other who also likes to play! Couch co-op rules!!! :woop:

If every FPS had (optional) split-screen co-op in the campaign, I would gladly sacrifice some frames/sec or texture-quality for that feature...

Also, is it just me or is system-link slowly dying off?

I'm not disputing it's a good game, or at least it appears to be a really good single-player game. My argument is in principle against tacked on MP which unduly delays titles.

September was a great release date for this title. And it's really no secret the only reason it was delayed was because they needed to polish the co-op aspect. The single player part was finished.

That's bullshit. This game DID NOT NEED co-op or multiplayer. What's so wrong with just a great single-player game?

Honestly I fucking did the same. This game will only be hyped for a month or two max and that's it. Nobody will talk about it or touch it afterwards.

Well, isn't that how it is with most games? I'm pretty sure it will be the same with the new Hitman: Absolution. You also don't hear anything from Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs or Max Payne 3 anymore, but that doesn't mean they aren't great games...

I'm not disputing it's a good game, or at least it appears to be a really good single-player game. My argument is in principle against tacked on MP which unduly delays titles.

September was a great release date for this title. And it's really no secret the only reason it was delayed was because they needed to polish the co-op aspect. The single player part was finished.

That's bullshit. This game DID NOT NEED co-op or multiplayer. What's so wrong with just a great single-player game?

Nothing. What's so wrong with all 3? As I said before not all things can cater to your schedule.

Multiplayer has been in since the first one and has been real fun every time so it's not tacked on. Far from it.

The co-op also looks like a lot of fun. You need to stop being so pessimistic and realize that those new modes could only bring great things.

Nothing. What's so wrong with all 3? As I said before not all things can cater to your schedule.

Multiplayer has been in since the first one and has been real fun every time so it's not tacked on. Far from it.

The co-op also looks like a lot of fun. You need to stop being so pessimistic and realize that those new modes could only bring great things.

Virtually every single review out there has listed the MP as a negative factor. What do you say to that?

Bottom-line is; this game doesn't need it. It's just an excuse to charge for an online pass. They should have released it back in September.

apparently the single player is reported to be 25 hrs without side missions,not sure how true that is but if it IS true then i am fine with co-op and Multiplayer added on

Doesn't mean i have to use them

I will certainly be having a dabble with Multiplayer,i hear Far Cry 2's custom made maps were great to play,hopefully FC3's will be the same

and the Co-Op story is a prequel to the single player story,so that has to be pretty interesting also(although i heard that is not too long,about 5hrs or so)

So Yeah,while i agree with you that games don't always need MP or Co-Op added on(dead space 3 co-op comes to mind),for Far Cry 3 i am fine with it

I remember thinking the same thing with Multiplayer for Bioshock 2,but i absolutely loved it and capped at level 50 in the first weekend and it served as a prequel to the first game,so it was a great little extra(IMO)

EDIT: Oh and i disagree with they should of released it in September

Assassins Creed 3 was a buggy mess(big ass patch was released yesterday),so i would rather have Far Cry 3 out now rather than 2 months ago needing constant patching

I don't know if it was delayed to co-op, but I agree that co-op can die for all I care. I used to care about co-op in games when I was a kid, but when my balls finally dropped and I noticed that 99.9% of people are:

A. Retarded and don't know what they're doing

B. Elitist dicks that speedrun through and miss out on everything

I concluded that it's better to not have co-op at all. Even in co-op games like Borderlands, I prefer to play by myself because people are the only things that piss on my experience; that and bugs that the devs don't fix because they can patch that shit in later. :rollseyes:

Will definitely get this when I get my gaming pc, but not for xbox.

Edited by Jet1337

Hoborg - Ubisoft just told me they're going to remove co-op and multiplayer before release on 12/4 when I told them how upset you were but they said it won't change the single player portion of the game in any way because it's too late, will you buy it now?

Na, it's not about that. They can keep their useless MP modes. The timing is awful, I'm too busy in Dec.

Well, isn't that how it is with most games? I'm pretty sure it will be the same with the new Hitman: Absolution. You also don't hear anything from Sleeping Dogs or Max Payne 3 anymore, but that doesn't mean they aren't great games...

Been there did them all that's why I'll pass on this game and grab one with a lot higher replayability-rate you go ahead and play it and put it back in the shelf, your store or friend after two weeks...

Been there did them all that's why I'll pass on this game and grab one with a lot higher replayability-rate you go ahead and play it and put it back in the shelf, your store or friend after two weeks...

If the single player is good enough I will probably take it down from the shelf now and then after having played it through the first time - I usually play a good SP campaign through two or three times. That probably amounts to 60-80 hours in the end for this game - not too bad I reckon.