Do you mute players or talk smack?

I usually go into the matches giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. During the first match or so, if someone is being annoying I'll mute them.

In general I don't say too much though, so I'm not involved in too many trash talk sessions. I'll give the needed compliments on play or info on where the enemy is, but not really into talking trash to people not on my friend list.

i dont mute them , because i like the trash what they talk , it is sometimes hilarious

Yeah. If the person has an annoying voice i tend to mute just because it agravats me, if they're playing music into the mic and if they're chatting shit and being immature. I sometimes fuel the fire and talk back just because some of the shit they come up with is hilarious and sometimes i just like to piss people off (Can't help it, i have a callus sense of humour). For example i was playing with a couple of mates and one of them said 'What the fuck, man is a dickhead'. Then after that some guy started saying to shut the fuck up and acting like he is a gangster, your no 50 Cent: which we found to be hilarious. We then proceeded to pretend we talked like we were Ghetto and he just came throwing back insults. Stuff like that is hilarious.

I always give people chance. I'll have my mike off, but I'll have my headphone on. If the players are just having a conversation like "yeah man, I been playing this game for ......" or "I got this game few days ago" or anything, I'll listen. If something is interested me, I'll ask and join too. Usually don't make friend like this (seeing how majority of my friends is from the Xbox360A), but don't mind the conversation.

[Not necessary in MW2, but Multiplayer overall]

However, I immediately mule if possible if I start hearing gamers start trash talking and using profanity. Immaturity.... many people will fail to grow out of it.