Ok, I don't get it

TonySki

before I got this game from GameFly for the week I read through all your guy's reviews and it seemed like a fuckhard game to beat. When I actually got it tho it didn't seem that hard, not hard at all, actually. I'm used to racing games, using manual transmission and, more reacently, using the clutch to shift. my races off the start were bout middle to the front of the pack and that was just cause I wasn't using the E-brake and clutch effectively enough.

the only race I had a problem with was the open class race for the trophy truck but I got past it with a completely stock truck and won by 3 seconds on my 2nd try.

How come you guys thought this was such a hard game?

before I got this game from GameFly for the week I read through all your guy's reviews and it seemed like a fuckhard game to beat. When I actually got it tho it didn't seem that hard, not hard at all, actually. I'm used to racing games, using manual transmission and, more reacently, using the clutch to shift. my races off the start were bout middle to the front of the pack and that was just cause I wasn't using the E-brake and clutch effectively enough.

the only race I had a problem with was the open class race for the trophy truck but I got past it with a completely stock truck and won by 3 seconds on my 2nd try.

How come you guys thought this was such a hard game?

When I got this game I thought it was shit hard, so I gave up! Today I picked it up again and started playing and raced in the BAJA 250/1000 and it turns out this game ain't so hard after all.

I have yet to try manual transmission!

• 2 months later...
god u must be be way better than all us maybe the best in the world, is that what u want to hear?

You are the nicest person in the world :uzi:

I agree with you Tony, this game is not as hard and as bad as I read on here. I also have lots of racing experience, including rally games, but still, it just doesn't seem like it sucks THAT BADLY.

Oh well, the achievements are easy too, they just seem to take a while. :woop:

I used to suck bigtime at racing games (especially against others in split-screen of XBL racing), cause my hands are way too un-steady to master racing games, so I consider myself a sucky racer, but I love racing games, so I bought this game two days ago and even I don't find it too hard, I think I can come pretty close to completion. So far I guess the only achievement I will getting too much trouble on is the 'Career Complete' achievement, but the rest will be doable.

I think this game is considered hard, because succes here is so much different then in other race games. In other games it's the matter of braking in corners at the right time, sliding at the right time etc. If you don't combine the clutch, hand-brake, preload and reset buttons well, it really is hard to win, but using those controls at the right time makes this game easy so far.