Levels Reset on Release?

i was lucky enough to buy the game early but i was wondering if there was any need in playing online, as to whether they would reset online levels on release or not, because they did on Black Ops. Any ideas?

I would sure hope they reset all the people that have been playing it early.

No offence, but people who are waiting to get it on the legitimate release should not be at a disadvantage because others got it early.

Robert Bowling himself said that Activison has NO PLANS to BAN or Reset LEGIT copy owner's during Gamespot show.

yeah and its impossible to tell if a copy is "legit" or not. if by legit you mean given an early copy by means of media and/or friends/family, then like i said its impossible to tell if its because of that or if someone walked into a store and brought it.

same goes with burnt copies of the game. if the person who has a flashed xbox has the latest firmware update, then its impossible to tell if the game is burnt or not.

yeah and its impossible to tell if a copy is "legit" or not. if by legit you mean given an early copy by means of media and/or friends/family, then like i said its impossible to tell if its because of that or if someone walked into a store and brought it.

same goes with burnt copies of the game. if the person who has a flashed xbox has the latest firmware update, then its impossible to tell if the game is burnt or not.

"LEGIT" as in stores who broke the release date a week early....like Kmart for example where people are selling those on ebay now as well.

I can only hope and pray that this doesn't turn into modded lobbies within a week's release, as Robert said that they can go in and punish those much easier if needed.

Edited by Final Breed

i was lucky enough to buy the game early but i was wondering if there was any need in playing online, as to whether they would reset online levels on release or not, because they did on Black Ops. Any ideas?

i played black ops about 4 days early & i did not get reset , same for mw2 & as the other guy said , Robert Bowling said it is not going to happen.

im liking this this game too much to get off of it lol.

I have been playing for the last week and a half online and people have prestiged and someone sent me a message inviting me to a infected lobby.

I have a advantage by being a higher level but I think they should reset and start everyone fair. They better get these modded lobbies early, because they are there.

I have been playing for the last week and a half online and people have prestiged and someone sent me a message inviting me to a infected lobby.

I have a advantage by being a higher level but I think they should reset and start everyone fair. They better get these modded lobbies early, because they are there.

Yeah it sucks that thers modded lobbies already,I have been in tons and it sucks:(

Rest and a ban hopefully!

People like you really annoy me,so ur telling me if u walked in a shop tomoz and saw it sitting there for sale u wouldnt buy it,then ur talking crap and probs just jealous becoz u aint got the console or money for it.if its a legit copy on a unmodded console then best of luck to him and I hope he doesn't get banned or reset. Enjoy m8..

People like you really annoy me,so ur telling me if u walked in a shop tomoz and saw it sitting there for sale u wouldnt buy it,then ur talking crap and probs just jealous becoz u aint got the console or money for it.if its a legit copy on a unmodded console then best of luck to him and I hope he doesn't get banned or reset. Enjoy m8..

If that happened then he wouldn't want a ban.... honestly, I would buy i if I saw it early.

i played black ops about 4 days early & i did not get reset , same for mw2 & as the other guy said , Robert Bowling said it is not going to happen.

im liking this this game too much to get off of it lol.

hahahaha, wtf sig... :)

as far as OP goes, and overall thread, i dont see it being that much of a disadvantage having someone even at level 80 10th prestige, it really only depends on how good a player that person is. one game i will comment on having issues with unfair advantage for higher levels is BC2, and that was due to magnum ammo... really a game killer for me (but that is why i love BF3 so much :) please no hate for that comment, as its just an opinion)

hahahaha, wtf sig... :)

as far as OP goes, and overall thread, i dont see it being that much of a disadvantage having someone even at level 80 10th prestige, it really only depends on how good a player that person is. one game i will comment on having issues with unfair advantage for higher levels is BC2, and that was due to magnum ammo... really a game killer for me (but that is why i love BF3 so much :) please no hate for that comment, as its just an opinion)

Indeed... also I don't think they care much about unfair advantages... I mean they OK'd that whole double xp with doritos and mountain dew....

& people like YOU annoy ME.

not everyone has the "oh i must hasz it NOW!" mentality. i already have my retail copy due to shipping error & i'm waiting until my friends/people i normally play with get theirs before it even touches my console. not everyone is a fucking fiend that can't wait until the official launch date to play a game. especially when some of us are still finishing up Batman, Battlefield 3, etc.

on another note...

i too hope they reset people playing early. the ban is a little extreme if it's a retail copy, but if they've abused the system by modding prestiges, etc, then i'm all for it. let's just hope they actually enforce it like they were supposed to with MW2.

Ive been playing since thursday lvl 67 going on first prestoge with double xp token :woop::woop:

me i couldnt care if i get reset or not to be honest ive had and many others lucky enough to get it early have had plenty time to learn the maps choke points spawn points and overall strategy of dominating others atleast in domination

this knowledge is worth the reset alone just to undo mistakes early players have made on k/d or accuracy etc