Which heavy metal band do you think is best?

Slaughter.

Which heavy metal band do you think is best?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which heavy metal band do you think is best?

• Megadeth
    • Metallica
    • Slayer
    • Pantera
    • Slipknot
    • Avenged Sevenfold
    • 3 Days of Grace
    • Black Sabbath
    • Judas Priest

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Went with Slipknot but the list is complete shite.

What you call Heavy metal is what i consider simply just metal, except for the trash metal bands you mentioned.

Also 3 days of grace? 3 days grace?

Don´t mind them but Wait and bleed is still the 1 track you need to wanna punch everyone straight in the face

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The fact that Iron Maiden isn't even on there makes me hate everyone in this thread.

I refuse to vote if you're not going to acknowledge one of the most successful and influential heavy metal bands of all time.

:goodpost

No Maiden, no vote.

I also find it extremely offensive that you have put such tripe as Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot on the same list as bands with the calibre of Priest and Sabbath.

Edited by Morbido

• 5 weeks later...
Same here.

IMO it's hard to beat the Unforgivens, Day that Never Comes, Master of Puppets, Whiskey in the Jar, and a few more really good songs by them.

Ugh no, Metallica's version is a butcher-fest.

I don't particularly like metal but I do like Thin Lizzy, a little bit of Iron Maiden and old Black Sabbath (seriously, did they autotune Ozzy on the new stuff? Only heard the one song, think it was called "God is Dead" and it's fucking terrible. Plus, no Bill Ward = shit)

Ugh no, Metallica's version is a butcher-fest.

I don't particularly like metal but I do like Thin Lizzy, a little bit of Iron Maiden and old Black Sabbath (seriously, did they autotune Ozzy on the new stuff? Only heard the one song, think it was called "God is Dead" and it's fucking terrible. Plus, no Bill Ward = shit)

That's cause Iron Maiden is good as hell!

• 3 months later...

Slayer is the only one who has released consistently good material. I love how Metallica is the most popular vote, seeing as how listening to their later material is about as enjoyable as sticking your dick in a blender

Edited by RyanDeicide
typo

Slayer is the only one who has released consistently good material. I love how Metallica is the most popular vote, seeing as how listening to their later material is about as enjoyable as sticking your dick in a blender

I agree about Metallicas latter material. But disagree about Slayer. I dont think they have released anything decent in over two decades.

The list is skewed impo. You have some massive bands....slayer, Metallica, painters and slip knot with some lesser bands.

Metallica are the best there. Sales etc prove that. And I love them, but I voted for slipknot as they are amazing live. And I've seen a few of these live, including Metallica,but slipknot trump them

Metallica are the best there. Sales etc prove that.

With that logic One Direction were the best group to release an album last year.

Sales mean diddly squat when it comes to 'who is best' lists.

Metallica released some of the best metal albums of all time - Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets - However since And Justice for All or the 'Black album' depending on who your asking, they have released albums that (most) fans of their 80s work hate.