Official NFL Thread

Creech

Hell yeah Buffalo! I had to work during the game, but I kept up with the game using my phone. I'm thrilled that they beat Miami so handily. I hope to see this kind of play consistently throughout the season, because Buffalo's fully capable of it.

In fantasy news, I'm winning all but one fantasy match up right now. MY XBA match up is going especially well (I'm winning by 130 points). On other hand, I dunno if my opponent's paying attention to his roster at all. He failed to replace a WR that was injured last week so, yeah.

Up 130 points? What is your scoring system like...with our scoring 130 total points will often be the highest point total for the week...

I'm getting hit pretty good with injuries...Doug Martin didn't play yesterday and there is little news moving forward. AJ Green is probably out until after the week 4 bye. Eric Decker aggravated his hamstring yesterday...

I've put in a claim for Sanu, hopefully that goes through. I may have to play him and Brian Quick next week.

It looks like Charles (don't own) has a high ankle sprain so could miss a couple weeks. I'm putting in a claim for Knile Davis as well. He looked good in fill in duty yesterday and KC likes to run.

Edited by bigbear.

Up 130 points? What is your scoring system like...with our scoring 130 total points will often be the highest point total for the week...

I'm not sure how XBA did it this year. 130 is considered a pretty low score by the way the scoring works in the league (PPR maybe?).

It looks like Charles (don't own) has a high ankle sprain so could miss a couple weeks. I'm putting in a claim for Knile Davis as well. He looked good in fill in duty yesterday and KC likes to run.

Tell me about it. Obviously, a player's health is more important than fantasy football, but if Charles hadn't gotten injured yesterday, I would've ran away with my paid league game since Brandon Marshall went off last night.

I'm not sure how XBA did it this year. 130 is considered a pretty low score by the way the scoring works in the league (PPR maybe?).

Tell me about it. Obviously, a player's health is more important than fantasy football, but if Charles hadn't gotten injured yesterday, I would've ran away with my paid league game since Brandon Marshall went off last night.

Sounds like PPR with friendly QB scoring. Maybe even PPC.

We nerfed QBs a few seasons ago because of the league trends to passing offensives.

Kickers also get negatives for misses in our league. Which I don't think is common.

Dude hasn't been that productive since Madden 2005. It's insane.

It seems like every game I've had in fantasy where it's close and Sproles is going on Sunday night or Monday he goes off. I feel like it's happened at least 4 times in 6 years.

I figured 8-12 points from Ertz was going to be my golden zone. Turned out I needed 19. (Got 8)

I deserved to lose though. I ended up with the lowest point total in the league for the week. However, it's amusing that I still have the 2nd most total points, behind 1st by 4. That's how good my week 1 was.

Edited by bigbear.

I got killed this week in the XBA league thanks to AJ Green and DeSean Jackson going out. Still managed 144 points, but my opponent got 223. FML.

I'm 0-2 now. I would be 1-1, but I blew it week 1 because I had forgotten about my team until after the games had started, so I didn't get a chance to set my lineup. Cam Newton was left as my starter when he didn't even play, and I was missing a starting RB for some reason.

Hoping Green & Jackson both return healthy next week.

Edited by iH8myPP

I got killed this week in the XBA league thanks to AJ Green and DeSean Jackson going out. Still managed 144 points, but my opponent got 223. FML.

I'm 0-2 now. I would be 1-1, but I blew it week 1 because I had forgotten about my team until after the games had started, so I didn't get a chance to set my lineup. Cam Newton was left as my starter when he didn't even play, and I was missing a starting RB for some reason.

Hoping Green & Jackson both return healthy next week.

From what I'm seeing, Green probably will rest until after the week 4 bye. He might be able to go this week but with how Sanu and their TEs perform Cincy will probably rest him as a precaution.

Having watched Isaac Bruce back in the day, turf toe can be no joke. I'd rest Green if I was them. I'm hoping my waiver claim for Sanu in my league goes through to replace him this week.

Edited by bigbear.

I'm a little pissed at your 'Niners for giving away that game last night Carmona.

It cost me a bunch of points from their defense.

So I'm up about 2.7 points going into tonight's game. I have Zach Ertz, he has Darren Sproles.

I'm official baffled by that game.

I learned several things Sunday night:

1. Kaepernick is NOT EVER going to be a good QB, let alone elite. Remember THIS bullshit.

2. Jim Harbaugh is officially one of the worst coaches of all time. Either he's an idiot for ignoring Gore against one of the worst run defenses of all time up 20-7 or he's a puss for allow Kaepernick to audible out of every run call he made.

I'm so done with this shit San Farnsisco throws out there every Sunday. I realize it was the defense who took us to 3 NFC championships and a SB. All three opportunities that Kaepernick and Harbaugh blew. Even Dilfer one a SB....DILFER!!!

I'm getting hit pretty good with injuries...Doug Martin didn't play yesterday and there is little news moving forward. AJ Green is probably out until after the week 4 bye. Eric Decker aggravated his hamstring yesterday...

I've put in a claim for Sanu, hopefully that goes through. I may have to play him and Brian Quick next week.

No clue, didn't know much about this league before it was suddenly announced. I just know this dude had a bad week.

So...

Looks like I might have been right about the CBA issues and the Ray Rice case.

[ATTACH]8826[/ATTACH]

Ewww...bad quality

The NFLPA has filed a grievance on Rice's behalf. The second bullet point at the bottom states that punishing a player a second time for the offense (when all information is available during the initial process) is a violation.

The NFL may try to continue to argue they didn't have the video. Shouldn't matter. They knew everything they needed to know. Yet again, my new favorite quote; "What did you think happened in that elevator?"

At this point it won't matter much to a Rice. The league might as well just reinstate him. No team will touch him with a 10 foot until after the season. However, this will greatly alter how AP's case is handled.

Edited by bigbear.

So, a question for long time fantasy players...

Does it seem like there are more early season injuries in the NFL since the last CBA that limited practice times (the last 2 or 3 seasons)?

It really seems like this season has been a near epidemic. And a lot of the injuries are the type of things associated with not being game fit and going out there at full speed. Quads, hammys, strains, tears...these are all injuries that occur when you stress joints, muscles and ligaments without proper conditioning.

Weren't these new practice guidelines supposed to prevent injuries? Seems like the opposite to me. Maybe it's limited repetitive use injuries and concussions but it seems like everything else is increasing.

So, a question for long time fantasy players...

Does it seem like there are more early season injuries in the NFL since the last CBA that limited practice times (the last 2 or 3 seasons)?

It really seems like this season has been a near epidemic. And a lot of the injuries are the type of things associated with not being game fit and going out there at full speed. Quads, hammys, strains, tears...these are all injuries that occur when you stress joints, muscles and ligaments without proper conditioning.

Weren't these new practice guidelines supposed to prevent injuries? Seems like the opposite to me. Maybe it's limited repetitive use injuries and concussions but it seems like everything else is increasing.

Yes. God yes. I've never seen this much red (injury notifications in the fantasy leagues I play are denoted by red letters) this early in a season.

Also, I'm really pissed with Roddy White. All the analysts and even the Falcons reps were saying that White was a dead cert to play last night. Then I find out at game time (I was busy until then) that the Falcons suddenly changed their minds and benched him. I'm willing to bet he would've been gotten a substantial chunk of fantasy points last night, and I really could've used it as the match up in the league I have Roddy White in currently has me projected to lose by 40 points. Fuck me, man.

Anyway, I hope EJ shows up for all four quarters this Sunday. San Diego isn't super consistent, but they certainly aren't a team to sleep on by any stretch.

You know its bad when you want a third stringer as your starter cause your back up is Shawn Hill. Good luck with him.

Well, I liked how Austin Davis looked against TB. But after seeing Matty Ice shred TB like they were a high school secondary I'm less excited about what Davis did.

Still, I liked how Davis was willing to throw to tight spaces and let receivers make a play. But without forcing the ball. Its a fine line that is tough for a lot of QBs to walk.

Fantasy question: looks like Pierce might not play for the Ravens today. Jumping Forsett up to a solid RB option. Should I play him or Kelvin Benjamin in a flex spot?

Well, I liked how Austin Davis looked against TB. But after seeing Matty Ice shred TB like they were a high school secondary I'm less excited about what Davis did.

Still, I liked how Davis was willing to throw to tight spaces and let receivers make a play. But without forcing the ball. Its a fine line that is tough for a lot of QBs to walk.

Fantasy question: looks like Pierce might not play for the Ravens today. Jumping Forsett up to a solid RB option. Should I play him or Kelvin Benjamin in a flex spot?

Tough one. Benjamin against the Steelers...he didn't do much last week either. They might be a toss up.

Tough one. Benjamin against the Steelers...he didn't do much last week either. They might be a toss up.

I went with Forsett and their 3rd stringer Taliaferro has been getting more touches.

I picked up Sanu in case AJ Green didnt play. Only played AJ. Should have played Sanu and AJ. Sanu threw a TD to Dalton.

Austin Davis looking good for the Rams.