Character has been deleted but still have all my money?!?!?

Done For You

Went from a level 0 to a level 76 in less then 12 houris :dance:

Fuck you rockstar

Solo grinding?

And im still going to wait. Not because I MAY get my character back, but people are still losing characters, so there is every chance ill just lose the next one too.

Check out R* page :

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

And ill copy what I wrote in the online section :

The fact they say do not create an old character in the slot, makes me think we have a chance.

I personally think one of their servers burnt out, but that update makes me think they have back up servers.

I mean it happens...WoW servers die from time to time, but luckily they back up data every 24hrs, so you have to go back a day.

Or, when TrueAchievements servers blew, they had backups also, but 3 months old, so we went back that far.

I seriously doubt a company like Rockstar, with the expected demand for GTA 5 wont have backups to rollback too.

I think they'll rollback, and all will be returned.

Edited by Lavindathar

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never created new characters after i lost my first one but when i logged in to check yesterday i had a character in both slot 1 and 2 with same name and rank 1.

Is this because i retried when the cloud was down or is it supposed to be like this ?

No idea, both slots empty for me....

Solo grinding?

And im still going to wait. Not because I MAY get my character back, but people are still losing characters, so there is every chance ill just lose the next one too.

Yeah, that's what concerns me the most aswell. I wouldn't mind starting over THAT much, if I knew that it wouldn't just disappear again.

yeah that's what worries me but don't mind starting levelling again as long as I don't lose my platinum progress

Same, but as I said earlier, your just as likely to lose the new character you make....the bug isnt fixed yet, why would anyone start again yet?

And i also dont get why anyone who hasnt lost their progress, is continuing to play until its fixed lol.

Same, but as I said earlier, your just as likely to lose the new character you make....the bug isnt fixed yet, why would anyone start again yet?

And i also dont get why anyone who hasnt lost their progress, is continuing to play until its fixed lol.

Impatient. And there's also a chance you won't lose the new char, and that your old one and awards are gone forever. Also I'm hoping that creating the new character in slot 2 will give me a chance that my old char will still show up in slot 1, and I can play in the meantime. ;)

Edited by Nirumano

I have had constant issues from the start, even in the beta.

At first I lost my $335,000 apartment and the money was still taken from me, but during that time there were no server problems.

Then I couldn't seem to get on for days with just no luck of getting online whatsoever.

After the patch on saturday, I still had troubles connecting but whenever I did, I would do a shitload of stuff and it refused to save. So after the patch I essentially couldn't progress past rank 17 and I attempted it on 3 occasions and I finally got stuff to save. Then on sunday night the servers all took a shit, I was still online and it still said I had my rank on social club. Then the game froze then after that and since sunday night, (Tuesday now) it still says I have 0 rank, but my money is there, as well as the cash spent and earnt stat is also there.

Usually with games if this happens it means just the servers are down but this never happens for longer than a few hours or half the day at most. This is extremely worrying. So now I cannot even get onto the multiplayer whatsoever because they say don't make a new character, don't attempt to play while servers are down, so we have to sit here with our thumbs up our asses praying that they restore our ranks.

To be honest at this point I just want my money I am owed from losses and then ill just start a new character (if it were fixed) I just don't want to sit around waiting a week before they tell us it is all gone anyway.

Everyone expected some serious shit to happen, fair enough, but the loss of stats and money (some of which was paid for with real money in some cases) is just beyond bullshit. No other game had this kind of serious issues aside from Sim City and Diablo 3.

Before the patch at least I had a character to load if the servers worked, now I can't play at all. It will get to a point where people will give up caring and just have to move on, if Rockstar leaves it too long we won't give a shit anymore.

If they just told us, it is gone, or not, most of us probably would be able to get to the level we were within the time it takes for them to recover the shit anyway. I refuse to sit here not playing because of that.

If only they just patched it so our profiles saved locally, that way we wouldn't lose shit and could even play it offline.

I mean what an ultimate fuckup.

There are no excuses for them not being prepared, it is a blatent lie, they delayed it 2 weeks, they had a beta, they know how many people bought the game and they knew they made a shitload. It is understandable when a game is buggy or down for a while, but losing 35 hours of online playtime and significant effort is just not on.

I don't think any kind of free dlc would make up for any of the fuckups they have thrown our way. The only way to make it right is to restore our shit or at the very least just give us our owed money plus a buffer to get back where we were at.

If I don't get my character back, or an answer to start over by the weekend I am going back on Payday 2.

Solo grinding?

Check out R* page :

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267-Loss-of-characters-rank-items-apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

And ill copy what I wrote in the online section :

The fact they say do not create an old character in the slot, makes me think we have a chance.

I personally think one of their servers burnt out, but that update makes me think they have back up servers.

I mean it happens...WoW servers die from time to time, but luckily they back up data every 24hrs, so you have to go back a day.

Or, when TrueAchievements servers blew, they had backups also, but 3 months old, so we went back that far.

I seriously doubt a company like Rockstar, with the expected demand for GTA 5 wont have backups to rollback too.

I think they'll rollback, and all will be returned.

Updated 10/8/13: If you have previously created a character but see an empty character selection screen when entering GTA Online, please back out to GTAV Story Mode and try re-entering GTA Online through the pause menu (repeat or wait until Rockstar cloud servers are back up). Do not create a new character in the empty slot where your character should be.

If you receive the message 'The Rockstar Cloud Servers Are Unavailable', please return to GTAV Story Mode and follow the steps above. Please do not press “Retry” on the message and do not proceed online with saving disabled, as this may lead to overwriting your existing character.

Really... since I hit "Retry" to you know retry connecting to the server again, my character is gone forever. Thank you Rockstar let me bend over some more.

Ah, choices choices ;)

Im happy to wait. I'll give them a week. Got plenty to play in the meantime, and GTAO isnt going anywhere soon. Its not like youll be behind either, with the fast ranking methods, you can easily boost up.

It seems these fast ranking methods could be patched anytime though :( but they won't bother fixing the online as quick. -_-

"In other words, your character slots will be blank during a cloud outage but your characters have not been deleted. Back out to Story Mode and re-enter GTA Online when Cloud servers are up again so your characters can load." The problem I have is that there aren't any indications of cloud problems when I try to log in

"In other words, your character slots will be blank during a cloud outage but your characters have not been deleted. Back out to Story Mode and re-enter GTA Online when Cloud servers are up again so your characters can load." The problem I have is that there aren't any indications of cloud problems when I try to log in

Cloud servers are fine it seems, if you lost your character when cloud servers were up then you're not getting it back. I haven't seen that cloud message since the patch, now people are just losing characters for no reason.

Cloud servers are fine it seems, if you lost your character when cloud servers were up then you're not getting it back. I haven't seen that cloud message since the patch, now people are just losing characters for no reason.

I saw the cloud message plenty when I lost my character. I think they will all be restored.

Rockstar is bound to have a rollback server. Or its a tech error, with certain servers not connecting properly.

They don't just have one server, I imagine there are a couple of hundred. Hence why some people have lost stuff, and some havent. I think a cluster has gone down.

I saw the cloud message plenty when I lost my character. I think they will all be restored.

Rockstar is bound to have a rollback server. Or its a tech error, with certain servers not connecting properly.

They don't just have one server, I imagine there are a couple of hundred. Hence why some people have lost stuff, and some havent. I think a cluster has gone down.

I hope you're right, last time I lost my character I got it back the same hour. I have doubts this time. Mine was gone when nothing was wrong with cloud.