What's the most you will pay for a collector's edition

DividedbyN1ght

Four months ago if I were asked this same question, laughably, I would never pay over $100. I never saw the contents, of a collector's edition, being worth that kind of price. I never liked a game that much to even consider paying close to $100.

I am now a hypocrite. In four months, my limit of $100 has gone up to $175. The one collector's edition that was an absolute must, the one I had to have was this little red chest.

http://www.hopegaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Ultimate-loot-chest.jpg

What's the most you will pay for a collector's edition?

Have you gone over a previous limit? If so, what collector's edition caused it?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanted to buy the Nano Edition of Crysis 2 which I had heard was 200 bucks but I couldn't find a local retailer that sold it and I didn't bother to buy it online for whatever reason.

Halo owns me. If it has Halo on it or in it I buy it no questions. Halo 3 Xbox (300), Halo Reach Xbox (400), Halo 4 Xbox (400 and soon to be purchased), Halo 3 Legendary Edition (150), Halo Reach Legendary Edition (150), I've spent over 2000 dollars on Halo, I don't really have a limit. I'm eventually going to drop 900 on a Halo Combat Evolved Limited Edition Original Xbox when I decide to blow all that money at once.

Gaming is my only real hobby (it's destroyed all my other hobbies) and I don't have an issue spending a lot of money on it. I collect special editions of the games I want so if there is a special edition I'm probably going to buy it

It depends on the game. If I know it's good and I have the money, I'll buy it.

A game that has more editions is a little different however. If the best(and the most expnsive) edition doesn't offer that more, I buy the cheaper (like GoW3). I mean, I won't pay more just to have some kind of statue or stuff because I'm not a collector of those, but if it offers plus content for the game, I get that.

For me it depends on the game and what comes with the special edition; the most I have paid so far is £99.99 for the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition. I've learnt though that most of these special editions drop in price alot a couple of months after release, those I will hold back and buy later but the rare ones I usually go for or am lucky enough for friends//family to buy them for me.

I got the Halo 3 Legendary Edition from someone I know, best gift ever. :)

Guest Scotty

The most I have payed for one is £100 for skyrim collectors edition off eBay. It was a good few months after release and about 50 quid cheaper than new, but I couldn't resist it. I bought mass effect collectors editions 1&2 for 75 quid each off eBay. Both years after release so that was a bit extortionate but I wanted them so bad. Funny that getting the third one new was only £65.

I would probably pay quite a lot though if I really wanted it. Depending on what you get with it though. I prefer artbooks and in-game content, as opposed to figures. I think as an estimate I would say £200 would be my absolute maximum.

I spent 150$ on the Skyrim collectors edition. A few weeks later it was on sale for 100, then on sale again for 75. After I saw this I just realized what's the point. I stick to regular editions of any game now.

BESIDES RE6. Must have collectors edition for resident evil 6. <3

If I had my spewing out of my butt, though, I'd definitely throw down the 5000$ or whatever it was for the super special edition RE6 that comes with Leon's Jacket Umffff. Want so bad.

I just do not feel its worth it to buy a collectors edition....what do I want with an artbook that I will only look through once? Or a keychain or something sorry but I just think collectors editions are way too overpriced. Some are cool...the one with statues or figures but just too expensive at least for me.

I've learned that most CE's nowadays are just not worth it at full price, the amount of fluff you get and the inevitable price drop it'll receive is enough to deter me.

I'll only lean towards picking up a CE if it's in the $99 range and the stuff included actually serves a purpose be it exclusive in-game DLC or neat little trinkets I may have use for.

I'm not sure if I have a limit. I guess it depends what comes with the collector's edition.

The most I paid for was Halo 3, then it was Mass effect 2 and 3.

I was able to pick up Skyrim Collector's edition brand new for $59.99, a few months after it was released. And Alan Wake for $19.99.

I've already pre-order Halo 4 Limited edition for $99.99 but that's because of I get $20.00 in Reward Zone Certificates and I had a $30.00 Gift card to use.

100 bucks max for me. Only bought one though. Batman Arkham City. Oh, I guess Duke Nukem Forever, now that I think about it. For 30 bucks.

However, now that I have 2 jobs, and a sugar momma (girlfriend), I'll be dropping cash all over the place without consequences. I'll wait till it's closer to Borderlands 2 release date and consider if I want to purchase the Deluxe version or the more expensive version (there are 2 special editions for retail. Would've been nice to include that).