Any Deathcore fans here?

Music is my life. I surround myself with it at all times. Anyways, I was wondering if there are any other deathcore fans around here. I'm talking about the really heavy stuff. Down-tuned guitars (Drop A), Deep guttural growls and ear-piercing highs, fast double kick with the occassional blast beat. Breakdowns and all.

Here are some of the bands I listen to:

■ A Breath Before Surfacing

■ A Different Breed of Killer

★ A FALLEN THEORY

■ A Life Once Lost

■ A Thousand Times Repent

★ ABACABB

■ All Shall Perish

■ All That Remains

■ Alls Quiet On The Western Front

■ Annotations of An Autopsy

■ As Blood Runs Black

■ As I Lay Dying

■ As Silence Breaks

■ August Burns Red

■ Austrian Death Machine

■ Bassai-Dai

■ Becoming The Archetype

■ Belay My Last

■ Beneath The Massacre

■ Black Dahlia Murder

■ Blood of Our Enemies

■ Born of Osiris

■ Brain Drill

■ Burning The Masses

★ CARNIFEX

■ Catalepsy

■ Cephalotripsy

■ Conducting From The Grave

■ Chelsea Grin

■ Chevelle

■ Demolisher

■ Despised Icon

■ Devoured By Pestilence

■ Die Like Kidd

■ Dissever The Tyrant

■ Disturbed

■ Doombringer

■ Eat A Helicopter

■ Earth From Above

■ Emmure

■ Fair To Midland

■ Float Face Down

■ Gwen Stacy

■ Haste The Day

■ He Spoke of Victory

■ Her Demise, My Rise

★ HESTER PRYNNE

■ Hideous Miscreation

■ I Am The Shotgun

■ I Declare War

■ Ignominious Incarceration

■ Impartial Dismemberment

★ IMPENDING DOOM

★ IN THE MIDST OF LIONS

■ Into Eternity

■ Jerome

■ Lamb of God

■ Linkin Park

■ Molotov Solution

■ Mourning The Memory

■ Nevertheless

■ North of The Woods

■ Oceano

■ On Solid Ground

■ One More Victim

■ Once We Were Buried

■ Parkway Drive

■ Rammstein

■ Recon

★ ROSE FUNERAL

■ Salt The Wound

■ Sea of Treachery

■ Secret & Whisper

■ So This Is Suffering

■ Still Remains

■ Suicide Silence

■ The Analyst

■ The Argent Dawn

■ The Contortionist

■ The Eyes of A Traitor

■ The Faceless

■ The Storm, Picturesque

■ The Torture of Comacine

■ There's No Heroes

■ Thy Art Is Murder

■ Underneath The Gun

■ Veil of Maya

■ Waking The Cadaver

■ We Are The End

■ We Are The Romans

★ WHITECHAPEL

■ Winds of Plague

★ WITH BLOOD COMES CLEANSINGAnyways, this is just my personal taste...and I also like many other kinds of music as well, but this style is definitely my favorite. Anyone else?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great bands. I'm wondering why you listed Linkin Park though?

Because contrary to popular belief, Linkin Park is a good band.

I listen to a lot of those bands you listed but I pretty much hate deathcore. My exceptions are Suicide Silence and Born of Osiris. If anyone believes Bring Me the Horizon is talented and "br00tal", please stop listening to music, and please stop saying "br00tal." Thank you.

Well I know I listed Linkin Park and Rammstein on there, and they are not deathcore (obviously), but I wanted to show that I like other bands in other genres...there are at least 6-7 on the list that aren't deathcore. If you wanna get technical there's some metalcore on there as well (AILD, August Burns Red, Still Remains). But I MUCH prefer the heavier stuff over them. They were intro bands to metal for me.

GHASP! I used to listen to rap (wtf was wrong with me in elementary school???)

Then I got into Incubus/Linkin Park/Rammstein/Chevelle/Breaking Benjamin. Those were all my introduction to rock/metal. From then on I listened to As I Lay Dying, but once I discovered deathcore it was game over haha.

By the way, f*ck Bring Me The Horizon...the most overrated band in the genre for sure. They aren't even deathcore by definition. Them and Devil Wears Prada.

EDIT: Also, if any of you would be interested I have some quality breakdown videos on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyInsomniacDSPS

The later ones are better in my opinion.

Edited by CrazyInsomniac

I have the last A Breath Before Surfacing CD and I honestly can't say they are deathcore 100% of the time.

Also, hit up the black/death thread in the off topic, you'll find fans over there.

I'm not the biggest fan of the style, as I prefer real death metal over this, but I do enjoy the aforementioned band, as well as Suicide Silence and Through The Eyes Of The Dead (Malice, not Bloodlust, couldn't stand the vocals).

Real death metal is where it's at..

I don't get it. :confused:

Deathcore is for pussies. Real death metal isn't... That about sums it up. But on a more serious note, there's a difference between Death Metal and Deathcore. Compare Deicide to Despised Icon. You'll notice that Deicide is better. :)

Deicide = Death Metal

Despised Icon = Deathcore

Im here for this. Hell yeah I am a fan.

Lamb of God is my fav. band ever.

They're not deathcore.

Deathcore is for pussies. Real death metal isn't... That about sums it up.

Oh, I'm not that dull, Tussell. ;)

I was actually curious why when You said it, it got quoted, and then repeated. Not commented on, just repeated by someone else.

I thought it was some odd internet meme I wasn't aware of. Not that I'd want to be aware of, or acknowledge it. Just curiosity.

Deathcore is for pussies. Real death metal isn't... That about sums it up.

I hate it when people say that. It's only music, if you listen and enjoy it then it's serving a purpose. Deathcore and Death Metal are both enjoyable, just because one person tends to focus on the -core doesn't mean they're a pussy. It's just personal preferance, not who can listen to the "REAL Death Metal bands".

Yep...I hate when people are stupid enough to say something like that. "Deathcore is for pussies"...how does that make any kind of sense whatsoever? It's another style of music out there, and some people like it...that should be enough right there. No one is forcing it into your speakers. If you don't like it, DON"T LISTEN TO IT! It's just that easy ;)

I like death metal, but not even close to as much as I like deathcore. And I hate rap/country more than I hate any other kind of music, BUT I don't knock other people for liking it. To each his own. I don't go around saying all country fans are inbred redneck pussies. That's just ridiculous.

haha they are definitely not deathcore at all...Pure American Death Metal as they call it. Yeah I was definitely right in thinking I would find more death metal fans than deathcore, but it's all good!

Saw it on your list and got thrown off. I always classified them as Death Metal. But whatever, guess I was right all along.

I hate it when people say that. It's only music, if you listen and enjoy it then it's serving a purpose. Deathcore and Death Metal are both enjoyable, just because one person tends to focus on the -core doesn't mean they're a pussy. It's just personal preferance, not who can listen to the "REAL Death Metal bands".

Yep...I hate when people are stupid enough to say something like that. "Deathcore is for pussies"...how does that make any kind of sense whatsoever? It's another style of music out there, and some people like it...that should be enough right there. No one is forcing it into your speakers. If you don't like it, DON"T LISTEN TO IT! It's just that easy ;)

I like death metal, but not even close to as much as I like deathcore. And I hate rap/country more than I hate any other kind of music, BUT I don't knock other people for liking it. To each his own. I don't go around saying all country fans are inbred redneck pussies. That's just ridiculous.

Please tell me you guys saw the part of my post where I said "on a more serious note.."

I was joking because I knew someone would cry about it. ^_^

Edited by Tussell

It's just a stupid thing to say...and if you're a deathcore fan you here it ALL time time. Every youtube breakdown video...every metal show...everytime and album comes out.

It's getting freakin' old.

It wasn't stupid for me to say, because I loved the reaction it got.

I mean, shit I listen to Savage Garden. We all listen to music that people may consider pussy music. I just like to fuck around with people.

But I have come in contact with many pussy deathcore fans. I went to Mayhem Fest with a whole bunch of people, and one of the girls I was with punched this kid 'moshing' to Suicide Silence and he just gave us a little squinty eyed look and turned away really fast.