'Thief looting'?

I appreciate that an achievement guide will likely be up in the next day or two, but I want to get my 1000 by Friday when I trade this in. I've looted well over 50 guard corpses, so I can only presume that 'thief looting' is something different from just holding B?

Does anybody have it and if so, could they possibly point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: This is for the 'Fast Fingers' achievement, of course. If anyone has any tips for the Mouse Trap one too, that would be brilliant!

Edited by Dannyb0yUK

Yeah after looting 50 dead bodies - I realized that it has to be something different.

You have to do the second list of challenges for the Thief Guild - it will unlock the special thief ability to loot.

Then you simply hire thiefs and go to kill some guards and they will automatically looting them (they will be also stealing from people lol).

I appreciate that an achievement guide will likely be up in the next day or two, but I want to get my 1000 by Friday when I trade this in. I've looted well over 50 guard corpses, so I can only presume that 'thief looting' is something different from just holding B?

Does anybody have it and if so, could they possibly point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: This is for the 'Fast Fingers' achievement, of course. If anyone has any tips for the Mouse Trap one too, that would be brilliant!

You must unlock the secret ability of the thief fraction. Go to the Thief HQ and solve all tasks from paragraph 2 from the chalkboard. After doing this hire thieves on the street and they will loot the corpses for you after you killed the guards.

You must unlock the secret ability of the thief fraction. Go to the Thief HQ and solve all tasks from paragraph 2 from the chalkboard. After doing this hire thieves on the street and they will loot the corpses for you after you killed the guards.

Cheers guys, clearly I haven't looked hard enough when I've previously browsed the challenges! :D

• 2 weeks later...

ive found turning all buildings into Thief buildings is the best idea since they are easily the best of the 3 factions. they can fight almost as well as the Mercs (honestly all you need them to do is provide a distraction when fighting several guards at once), you can have then distract guards without starting a fight like the Romanies, they are the only ones that can follow you around on rooftops, and once you get their special ability, you dont have to waste your time looting corpses anymore. its also really funny because they will also rob everyone they walk past, and the people wont even get mad the way they do when you rob them! there is practically no downside to them.

Edited by shinobigarth

• 7 months later...
ive found turning all buildings into Thief buildings is the best idea since they are easily the best of the 3 factions.

Right you are. Also they're the hardest to find, so making every faction building a Thief building makes them easier to locate.

As for Mouse Trap, from a rooftop (so the guards don't see you and come after you instead of to the bomb) throw a Cherry Bomb at the scaffolding, and wait for the guards to check it out, and then throw a caltrop bomb at the scaffold. Jump down onto one of the guards (using :bbut: instead of :xbut: so you tackle him and his kill counts towards the Mouse Trap achievement). Before they recover from the caltrop bomb, run past the scaffold, holding :bbut: to pull it down.

It's not an easy achievement, but completely doable. Fortunately you don't have to get all 5 in the same scaffold and only have to do this up to 5 times.

Edited by Yoda of Borg
Missed a ")"