If you're into Death/Thrash Metal...

Goregutts

what do you do in the band? maybe i read too fast but i didnt see that. This is not bad, the vocalist also is not bad. in the beginning it sounded like some bree bree bree old JFAC-esque but it pretty much straightened out quick. Highs are really good. i'm a drummer of 17 years and probably seen more bands than i can count on 500 fingers. To most people death metal and new school deathcore (i know i dont need to explain to you the difference) sounds the same, and it isn't. it's kind of like explaining the difference between techno and house to someone that never listens to any electronic shit. you just cant, really. In this song you can definitely tell everyone knows how to play their instruments and well. Not so common these days. I love a good suffocation-esque breakdown but bands seriously make a 3 album long breakdown and kids eat the shit up.

Since we're talking death metal on a XBOX message board and it seems kind of rare, check these bands out, local boys. May have heard some of them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGEqZh1G5M]Glass Casket - Too Scared To Live - YouTube[/ame]

^ i know i just hated on breakdowns but this song features one of the finest crafted breakdowns ive heard in quite some time a little before the middle mark

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixbxE5trYhk]Wretched - Imminent Growth - YouTube[/ame]

same vocalist, different band

what do you do in the band? maybe i read too fast but i didnt see that. This is not bad, the vocalist also is not bad. in the beginning it sounded like some bree bree bree old JFAC-esque but it pretty much straightened out quick. Highs are really good. i'm a drummer of 17 years and probably seen more bands than i can count on 500 fingers. To most people death metal and new school deathcore (i know i dont need to explain to you the difference) sounds the same, and it isn't. it's kind of like explaining the difference between techno and house to someone that never listens to any electronic shit. you just cant, really. In this song you can definitely tell everyone knows how to play their instruments and well. Not so common these days. I love a good suffocation-esque breakdown but bands seriously make a 3 album long breakdown and kids eat the shit up.

Since we're talking death metal on a XBOX message board and it seems kind of rare, check these bands out, local boys. May have heard some of them.

That's sick as hell dude we actually played with Wrecthed not too long ago at a venue in our area. I'm the guitarist, and I'm glad you're on the same page as me! I also appreciate the compliments :)

That was pretty good, not really into the vocals but that's just my opinion, besides that I thought the instrumentals were great. I'm not really into too much death metal so that's probably why I don't like the vocals, I'm more of a thrash kinda guy, but when I do listen to death metal it's usually either Atheist, Vader, or Death.

@Dog Face ... I'm sorry but the Vocals are not bad at all. Our Vocalist is actually one of the best we've come across and again I'd actually love to know what you consider a good Vocalist (I'd guess you're into some lame metal genres like Metalcore or something because our Vocalist is perfect for a Death Metal band).

I will have to agree with Dog Face to be fair. As for your comment about your vocalist being "perfect for a death metal band" I have to disagree.

Before you go ahead and ask me, some of the greatest metal vocalists in my opinion are Devin Townsend (especially during his time in SYL), Nergal, Shagrath. No I am not into any of that mainstream core-metal bullshit before you accuse me of that too. I have been listening to metal since I was about 14 years old and have progressed through almost every metal sub-genre to date. I was even in a melodic black/death metal band myself.

Your band are not terrible and you have some good ideas. Your drummer seems pretty tight.

You're not as unique as you think but of course, you're biased aren't you?

The vocalist needs to squeal less and portray a more raw death metal tone, from the stomach not the throat.

Haha, funny video... but anyways the drums aren't computer or programmed lol. It's just simply good quality recording. We paid $2500 for our album to be recorded, mixed, and mastered. Trust me our drummer is an old school thrasher, regardless of our opinions he would never let a machine replace him on an album. We wouldn't do that anyways though, we have no intentions of being a studio band.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really liked it could hear the Death influence. Not saying your guitar playing is like chucks just the whole vibe. The vocals need to ease up and get heavier not screeching louder. Like if the vocals had a cannibal corpse sound to it song would be great. Don't think its generic at all. Happy for ya I'm the guitarist of two 90s inspired alt rock groups I am a huge metal fan but can't play metal on guitar cause I can't feel it if that makes sense.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...