Racing Games & Sore Fingers

hectorpuppet

Due to my below average ability I typically don't play "real" racing games. I do love kart racers though and I've been enjoying Sonic & Sega ASR, but my right index finger has been dully throbbing after my last couple of sessions from keeping it pressed down on the RT for longer than I'm used to doing (yeah, I know, waaaaahhh).

Do any of you that play the Forza/Dirt types of racers ever get sore, or does your finger strength just build up over time?

I haven't encountered that problem, I have just gotten so tired that sometimes I doze off during the race. Of course, it's out of boredom and that's usually after about 6 or 7 straight hours of racing. It's part of the reason I'm dreading finishing up Forza 3 once I get bored with MW2

I've 1k'd Forza 2 and I'm missing the 'Solid Gold' achivement in Forza 3 for the 100% plus I spent alot of time play Gran Turismo 3 on PS2. So to answer your question, yes my fingers do get shore from playing the games for long periods of time. On a side night, my left hand gets shore from playing to much Rock Band (it was cramping from doing the 'Bladder of Steel achievement).

Dunno about racing games but I hurt my fingers playing too much Gears of War...it's the only time it happened though, been okay since.

Used to be able to play guitar hero without finger pain too but then i stopped playing it for ages and now i can't play for too long or it does hurt...

Yeha I am having that problem with Forza 3. Sega Racing not so much, because the races are quick and easy and the game itself isnt very long. but once you get up to the fourth or five racing year in Forza and you need a billion races to proceed to the next one; I definetly get sore. Also get sore alot playing Guitar Hero, but thats a given.

Well racing games are my favorite genre and i have most of the best racers out there, i encountered this problem with the old formula 1 and Gran turismo games cus they where just so good i used to play for like 5 hours straight but after a while i just get used to it.

• 1 year later...
Due to my below average ability I typically don't play "real" racing games. I do love kart racers though and I've been enjoying Sonic & Sega ASR, but my right index finger has been dully throbbing after my last couple of sessions from keeping it pressed down on the RT for longer than I'm used to doing (yeah, I know, waaaaahhh).

Do any of you that play the Forza/Dirt types of racers ever get sore, or does your finger strength just build up over time?

I'm Also playing Sonic and Sega as you can see in my gamercard below. My fingers are fine lol:p

I've maxed out Forza 2 except for the 1,000,000 online credits, but I can't really remember if it ever made my fingers sore. I know there have been some games that have, but usually those are button-mashers where I'm pressing down on one of the colored buttons over and over again.

Over 20K of my gamerscore is from racing games and I've not had problems with my hands/fingers.

Forza 3 is a bit of a grind - I'd put in over 100 hours (with no AI) for the Solid Gold achievement and only had 8 endurance racers left to go when I wiped my save!

Since starting it again I got myself back to level 50 and now I'm just using the AI driver for the remaining races that are left.