F1 2010 Would Be An Even Better Game If It Had Commentary Included!

Tactical Tom

I really like this Game but I can't help thinking that F1 2010 would be an even better Game if it had Commentary included.

My last experience of Formula One Games was many years ago on the PS1 called Formula 1 97 and that was an amazing Game for it's time and it also included excellent commentary from Murray Walker and occasional analysis from Martin Brundle.

Here's a clip from YouTube of the PC version of Formula 1 97:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWwKEiWqZs]‪Formula 1 '97 gameplay pc - Australian Grand Prix‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I can't understand why 14 years later the most recent version of a Formula 1 Game has lost this very important feature?

At times during a Race on F1 2010 there is very little going on apart from engine noise and the very occasional Radio Message. Bringing back the Commentary feature would be a very useful addition to fill the gaps with either play by play commentary as the action happens or analysis and statistics during a part of the Race when there is less action, for example when you are far out in front.

Wouldn't it be great if F1 2011 had the option to add Commentary in the Races to add to the whole Formula 1 experience?

Edited by Tactical Tom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I really like this Game but I can't help thinking that F1 2010 would be an even better Game if it had Commentary included.

My last experience of Formula One Games was many years ago on the PS1 called Formula 1 97 and that was an amazing Game for it's time and it also included excellent commentary from Murray Walker and occasional analysis from Martin Brundle.

Here's a clip from YouTube of the PC version of Formula 1 97:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erWwKEiWqZs

I can't understand why 14 years later the most recent version of a Formula 1 Game has lost this very important feature?

At times during a Race on F1 2010 there is very little going on apart from engine noise and the very occasional Radio Message. Bringing back the Commentary feature would be a very useful addition to fill the gaps with either play by play commentary as the action happens or analysis and statistics during a part of the Race when there is less action, for example when you are far out in front.

Wouldn't it be great if F1 2011 had the option to add Commentary in the Races to add to the whole Formula 1 experience?

You're forgetting F1 Championship Edition with commentary by Brundle and James Allen. And I agree. It would be nice, at least as an option (though it probably wouldn't be practical).

At least more team radio would be nice if no commentary.

Plenty of Team Radio on here and the commentary even lets you know when drivers (Alonso in this case) get ousted from the race, at 2:30.

Edited by muavin

• 4 weeks later...

I Completely agree when you are miles ahead of everyone else and all you can hear is the sound of the engine it can get dull even on the verge of boring.

on a few races the monotous drone of the engine almost sends me to sleep

commentary would be amazing if you could turn it off when you really need to concerntrate (lets say first couple of laps) and then turn it on when you want to know whats going on in the rest of the field.

even the analysis would be usefull the amount of times i have heard of a car going off in sector one but not knowing is it a car that could have challenged me or was it trulli (again) is the car ok or is it written off (trulli again).

great thread suprised there isnt more responses =(

• 2 months later...