Motardom..

Barad

I'm really confused with this achievement, all the guides and videos say it has to be done at the end of the level. I've loaded up bravo point on mission 5, played till I get outside where's a bunch of friendly tanks and enemy wraths are battling it out. I assume this is where the achievement takes place? As just up the hill there's about 6 wraths and some generator and then the level ends.

Well I've tried to do it at this part several times now, I've tried the plasma pistol/sniping/jetpacking but no success. When I watch the achievement videos I'm seeing a completely different setting and also the Mammoth is near by too. Does it by any chance have to be done near the start of the level or basically way before bravo point? I haven't played the first half of the mission in a while so I've forgotten how it was and this achievement is doing my nut in. I would load up the game right now and see for myself but can't for a few days and I just need to know!

Cheers.

I'm quite sure the part you're seeing in the video is before Rally Point Bravo, so you should definitely start the mission at the beginning. As you've noticed from the video, you can steal more than a single Wraith to get the achievement, as long as you kill 6 other enemy Wraiths.

Basically, all you have to do is kill the Wraith's plasma gunner (preferably with a sniper or DMR) and then quickly EMP it with the Plasma Pistol. Once you hop into the passenger seat, the driver will jump out which will thus allow you to steal the Wraith and kill the other vehicles for the achievement.

I'm quite sure the part you're seeing in the video is before Rally Point Bravo, so you should definitely start the mission at the beginning. As you've noticed from the video, you can steal more than a single Wraith to get the achievement, as long as you kill 6 other enemy Wraiths.

Basically, all you have to do is kill the Wraith's plasma gunner (preferably with a sniper or DMR) and then quickly EMP it with the Plasma Pistol. Once you hop into the passenger seat, the driver will jump out which will thus allow you to steal the Wraith and kill the other vehicles for the achievement.

Okay thanks that makes a lot more sense. I wanted to save myself some time by stating halfway through the mission but that obviously made things worse. I'm pretty sure the Wrath's I was trying with aren't breach able in any way because not matter how many times I hit them with the plasma pistol it wouldn't let me in.

Best advice you're going to get for this achievement, man. And it doesn't have to be from Rally Point Bravo. It can be [and I would suggest] doing it from the beginning of the level of Heroic.

When the Lich disables the Mammoth's MAC, there will be a huge firefight. Around 3-4 Wraiths will spawn in this fight. If you grab the Wraith from the previous canyon (the area with the shielded generators) you'll be able to get the achievement sooner, rather than wait until the end of the level to destroy 4-6 other Wraiths.

EDIT: Looks like you understand what to do now. Good luck and hopefully it works for you!

Best advice you're going to get for this achievement, man. And it doesn't have to be from Rally Point Bravo. It can be [and I would suggest] doing it from the beginning of the level of Heroic.

When the Lich disables the Mammoth's MAC, there will be a huge firefight. Around 3-4 Wraiths will spawn in this fight. If you grab the Wraith from the previous canyon (the area with the shielded generators) you'll be able to get the achievement sooner, rather than wait until the end of the level to destroy 4-6 other Wraiths.

Yupp no wonder but because I forgot the layout of the level I didn't relapse that there were that many Wraths before I enter the indoor structure in the middle of the level, I thought it could only be done at the end thats why I was wasted so much time there, my mistake I guess. :l

Yupp cheers.

I used the last checkpoint in the mission for this and it worked just fine.

Keep a plasma pistol on you, take it slow until you get outside and can use the scorpion, immediately sprint to the wraith facing you - this is where it gets strange - all you have to do is stand close to the wraith and plasma pistol it once or twice - this forces the elite to jump out the wraith (also note, that wraith hasn't a gunner), once he's jumped out just board it and blow him up with the cannon and go for the rest of the wraiths :p one last note, get the one close to the cliff first to prevent your team gettong that before you

EDIT: to get the elite yo jump out, you have to literally be right next to the wraith.

This is one of the most frustrating achievements ever for me (and I haven't tried getting Bros to the Close yet). I've spent over 3 hours yesterday trying to get it, without luck. I started from rally point bravo, spent over a half an hour to get out fo the structure, but once outside, I couldn't find a plasma pistol anywhere, except on a grunt on the far left of the map. But by the time I got to him, friendlies destroyed the first wraith and the game autosaved, so I tried 165468768 times to steal the second wraith, the one with the gunner, and managed to steal it just once, and was one-shot destroyed by the 3rd wraith I was going for (couldn't dodge its shot).

Now I will try to steal the one that is at the beginning of the level...

The soonest I grabbed a wrath was when you destroyed the first particle cannon near the beginning of the level. You should be able to get 5 wraith kills before you hit Rally Point Bravo.

Definitely a buggy achievement. I ended up getting it after bravo point after all. Stealing the wrath from the beginning of the level is easier but when i destroyed 4 wraths afterwards the achievement didn't unlock..I tried this twice so I realized the game isn't going to give me the achievement..as you only encounter a total of 5 wraths before rally point bravo.

Also, there is no way you can pass the SECOND acid river.

I saved myself a plasma pistol from inside the structure, come end of the level I easily got into the closest wrath to me, the one with no gunner. I got the achievement after destroying SIX wraths. I definitely destroyed them all as there was no ally left alive - I killed them all

Glad to have 1250G on this finally.

I started from rally point bravo, spent over a half an hour to get out fo the structure, but once outside, I couldn't find a plasma pistol anywhere, except on a grunt on the far left of the map.

After sniper alley plasma pistols are almost impossible to find. I got it first try by starting from the beginning and killing everything except the wraith in the canyon with downed pelican when you have to grab the designator, then steal that wraith and use that for the next area when the lich comes and there is at least 4-5 wraiths to destroy. Also if you kill your allies warthog they cant steal your kills. Hope this helps!

For anyone having trouble getting in the wraith, shoot the gunner from a distance, emp the wraith with your plasma pistol then you have to jump directly on top of the turret or just behind it and it will allow you to jump in and force the driver out and you know the rest.

I did this for my achievement as well, but moreso because I didn't want the marines to accidentally take out the wraiths since I was doing it co-op and we were limited on the number of tanks between the two of us as it is (required luck with our checkpoints so we could revert back far enough to get the achievement.)

After sniper alley plasma pistols are almost impossible to find. I got it first try by starting from the beginning and killing everything except the wraith in the canyon with downed pelican when you have to grab the designator, then steal that wraith and use that for the next area when the lich comes and there is at least 4-5 wraiths to destroy. Also if you kill your allies warthog they cant steal your kills. Hope this helps!

For anyone having trouble getting in the wraith, shoot the gunner from a distance, emp the wraith with your plasma pistol then you have to jump directly on top of the turret or just behind it and it will allow you to jump in and force the driver out and you know the rest.

Yes, I'll try to do it this way in a couple of days. I just have to evacuate the frustration from the last time by doing other things, lol. I still have Spartan Ops 4-7 to complete, then I'll come back to campaign-related cheevos.

Finally got it at the beginning of the mission. The best way, IMO. I've lost most of the time figuring out how to cross the poisoned river, as I couldn't put the Wraith in the Mammoth, and the first couple of times I tried to cross the river on the Wraith using the boost, it exploded. Finally, I understood that you have to come as close as possible to the "water" and use your boost, and it works 4 times out of 5. Afterwards, destroying enemy Wraiths was easy.

My take: Do not go for boarding the first wraith. There is more later on that mission enough for the achievement. That saves a lot of frustration.

I spent a while capturing that first Wraith (although ultimately I wasn't that difficult). I can't remember if there was even another Wraith to destroy whilst piloting it, IIRC you have to ditch it soon after getting in it to cross the streams of acid, or whatever they are.

I spent a while capturing that first Wraith (although ultimately I wasn't that difficult). I can't remember if there was even another Wraith to destroy whilst piloting it, IIRC you have to ditch it soon after getting in it to cross the streams of acid, or whatever they are.

Same here but I just read you can cross the river with boost so I want to try that though I already have the achievement. :)