Trouble with Thoroughness

monox1de

I keep reading everyone having difficulty with the skill or cunning achievements but I just can't seem to get 100% thoroughness. I go over every part of the scene, every scene has a green check, every piece of evidence has a green check. What am I doing wrong exactly? I even look at parts of scenes that have nothing worth anything to the case.

• 4 weeks later...

To get 100% thoroughness you need to ask every question that's presented in addition to checking all the evidence. You can't get it while you're going for cunning or skill because you'll be asking the same crap over and over. You will also want to go to the end of the hall in the crime lab. For whatever reason that gives you 3% thoroughness.

I'm on the same boat as you. I think this achievement is way more difficult than the other two. The others you just save before you test evidence. If everything goes well you'll still have 100%. If not then you just reload your save and try again.

Edited by newbsicle

• 2 weeks later...

the achievement guide detail is in fact WRONG!

"In order to get 100% thoroughness, you have to make sure that all (and I mean ALL) of the evidence has a green check mark next to it, meaning that it's been fully identified. You can check this on the PDA, under "Evidence"."

In order to get 100 % thoroughness you need to check EVERYTHING AT THE ANY SCENE. Even if it is irrelevant to the case, your partner still chimes in with something witty. I figured this out by the second case. I followed the video walkthrough thoroughly for the first case and i did not get 100% thoroughness. For example, when you get to the locker room in CAse 2, check the shower... there is no evidence there, but it still increases your thoroughness.

• 11 months later...
To get 100% thoroughness you need to ask every question that's presented in addition to checking all the evidence. You can't get it while you're going for cunning or skill because you'll be asking the same crap over and over. You will also want to go to the end of the hall in the crime lab. For whatever reason that gives you 3% thoroughness.

I'm on the same boat as you. I think this achievement is way more difficult than the other two. The others you just save before you test evidence. If everything goes well you'll still have 100%. If not then you just reload your save and try again.

this method worked out for me. I needed 2 more percent and had check marks on everything. couldn't figure it out. went down the hallway like you suggested and bam, 100%. thanks.

• 5 months later...