DBZ Budokai 2 As DLC ?

I don't think they will even bother to be honest. I think there's a reason why 1 & 2 were only included in the HD collection. Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.

They could do it as DLC, but I don't see a lot of people being too happy about paying for a lesser game than Budokai 3 and Budokai (story mode wise), so it's doubtful.

I don't think they will even bother to be honest. I think there's a reason why 1 & 2 were only included in the HD collection. Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.

They could do it as DLC, but I don't see a lot of people being too happy about paying for a lesser game than Budokai 3 and Budokai (story mode wise), so it's doubtful.

I agree... On the other hand, releasing the first Budokai Tenkaichi title as DLC would be cool unless they are already planning an HD collection for those as well

Budokai 2 is considered the least popular of the Budokai games in the series, and it didn't help with the board game in the story mode they threw in which did not go down well with a lot of the fans from what I remember.

At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.

At least the board game was unique and provided replay value, unlike Budokai 1's simple chapter select. I don't think they'll do it as DLC though, if they wanted to include the game they would have done it from the start.

While it may have been unique in some ways, it just wasn't that fun or popular with the fans as it could have been. I know it's supposed to be a board game, but the whole chasing characters around the map thing didn't really work for me. I think I played it once or twice, then never touched it again.

Even if it was a simple chapter select system, the story mode in Budokai was more fun to play. Heck, even the story mode in Budokai 3 was simple with no cutscenes, but at least you had some form of interaction with characters flying around the world. I actually enjoyed that aspect of 3.

But from what i heard that was the original plan , the only reason they left Budokai 2 out is because they couldn't fit all 3 Budokai games on one Xbox 360 disc.

But from what i heard that was the original plan , the only reason they left Budokai 2 out is because they couldn't fit all 3 Budokai games on one Xbox 360 disc.

That would be one lame ass excuse.....

I agree that would be lame. I am not 100% if it's the true reason but when i first seen this advertised in Japan i seen a picture saying about all 3 Budokai's in one. It even said in English 3 in 1 :p

While it may have been unique in some ways, it just wasn't that fun or popular with the fans as it could have been. I know it's supposed to be a board game, but the whole chasing characters around the map thing didn't really work for me. I think I played it once or twice, then never touched it again.

For me it was unique in more than enough ways and far more satisfying experience than Budokai 1 was. It offered so many unique ideas (what if fusions/Majins/absorptions) and I highly enjoyed the board game aspect (it did encourage at least a small amount of exploring (finding dragon radar for dragonballs and minor map events like trying to fuse etc).

Besides, I preferred having the remixed story full of somewhat interesting concepts also. While having cutscenes might've been considered to have been kinda cool back then I found having the world map and minor interactions to be a step in the right direction (though unfortunately too few of those unique interactions - most had simply quotes from the minor characters). Plus I felt the graphics were much nicer.

I seriously doubt 2 will be dlc, if for only one reason being, what would be their selling point after we already have Budokai 3? I mean they aren't going to give it away for free, and Budokai 2 doesn't have anything worth going back to for many people playing this game.

Sure, maybe it was fun to fuse Tien and Yamcha...once, and the board game might be fun for nostagia, but I don't think it would sell to anyone for the reason alone, maybe just for achievements.

Budokai was fun for the time, but it was really just a thing to do untill 3 came out. 3 was just betting in every way and in my opinon, the best dbz game overall to date. (Im not a big fan of the tenkaichi stuff)

I do think it's dumb to have a collection that is missing the middle game, but since it's not like we're missing a story, if anything it would be just grinding through the achievements for most untill they can settle down with Budokai 3. Budokai 1 at least looks totally different and is legendary and nostalgic for being the first great dbz game of its type.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wasn't Budo-2 the game with Chao-Tza, Master Roshi, and Yajirobi as playable characters?

I get that they weren't the strongest characters, but I really enjoyed having the option to play as them (or against them).

I'm a fan of the early DB characters, I never really got into the series after the Cell Games.

At least they have achievements for Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien. Those three are my faves.

As you can tell, I chose my favorites based solely on nostalgia.

Wasn't Budo-2 the game with Chao-Tza, Master Roshi, and Yajirobi as playable characters?

Nah Budokai Tenkaichi (well at least one of the games in that series) had those guys.

After replaying Budokai 1, it just REALLY makes me wish they had made the package contain Budokai 3 and TENKAICHI 3! Fair enough that they don't include Budokai 2, but including the first game over 2 is ludicrous.

It's like if Capcom decided to put together an ultimate "Street Fighter" compilation and threw in both the original Street Fighter and Street Fighter 2 games over any of the more deserving games (e.g. Alpha 3). Some "first" games just aren't worth bothering with...

Edited by Kahn13

• 3 weeks later...
DBZ Budokai tenkaichi HD collection would be awesome!

But I will definitely get Budokai 2 DLC if that ever comes.

The whole package would have been better if it would have been Budokai 2 and 3.

quite a while back it was rumored that the budokai tenkaichi hd collection would be coming out and contain 1,2 and 3 but so far no further news on it.

i hope they release budokai 2 in some form but im happy with just 1 and 3 for now.

Edited by neosman8

• 1 month later...

I read an article where they stated the reason they did not include 2 was because it really didn't do anything for the series. Budokai started it all and 3 was the best of the series. Admittedly I only play the first Budokai so I am not bashing 2 but I am really excited to replay the game, get my achievements and try Budokai 3 for the first time

Anyone else hope this happens ? There original plan was to release all 3 games in one anyway so i see no reason why they wouldn't do it.

12 more achievements as well which would take the total to 55.

I'm all up for it. Didn't expect a hd collection, most didn't either so maybe they will. I'm quite curious since loved to see it as dlc since it was part of the collection but I wish they would do the same for the mgs/silent hill collection too.