Will there be achievements in any of the 20 DLC packs?

Barad

Do people think so or am I safe to sell this once I'm done? I'm assuming most of the packs will include usless camo's, but the map packs in MW2 didn't include achievements so what do people think here..

I would assume so because there's quite a large degree of Spec Ops+Survival achievements on the base game itself, and they've already announced that Spec Ops mission and possibly more Survival will be added in with these 20 DLC packs, so I'd hold on to it for a while just to make sure.

there will be 2 map packs, just remember who told you that when you realize it bud someone bump this thread when its offical for this noob

You're aware that for there to only be two map packs, there would have to be 18 packs of camo, spec ops missions and survival? You're kidding right? Modern Warfare had 1. Modern Warfare 2 and 2. Any chances Modern Warfare 3 may have 3+? I'd say the chances of there being 2+ in a pack of 20 are reasonably high, you're just trying to bomb on Infinity Ward, it's quite sad really.

Edited by Fully Avenged

Does anyone have a source for how many map packs will be released for non-Elite members? I'm finding 2 map packs to be low, and can't find anything definitive on Google.

They keep saying it'll cost $60 if you buy all the DLCs separately (granted that includes maps, game modes, etc.), but still, 2 map packs seem low to me (hoping it's 3 or 4).

EDIT: 2 map packs during the first year of subscription, that's all I'm saying I'm not getting myself into any trouble.

Edited by DborKnowsBest

EDIT: 2 map packs during the first year of subscription

They confirmed that players will recieve the 20 pieces of DLC across 9 months, from January til' September when the next game comes out. Have you ever known a CoD game to release DLC AFTER the next installment is out?

You's trollin'.

EDIT: I'm aware you're not 'getting yourself into any trouble', but the way you word things suggests you're definitely right, when the truth is that nobody knows until IW announces it.

They confirmed that players will recieve the 20 pieces of DLC across 9 months, from January til' September when the next game comes out. Have you ever known a CoD game to release DLC AFTER the next installment is out?

You's trollin'.

EDIT: I'm aware you're not 'getting yourself into any trouble', but the way you word things suggests you're definitely right, when the truth is that nobody knows until IW announces it.

I only know there are two map packs, I have no clue about how many spec ops missions will be dlc or camos or any of that all I know is that there are two map packs and hey genious now that there's Elite that gives them a reason to introduce micotransactions you can bet your ass there will be more dlc next year for MW3

EDIT: You can say whatever you want you're not getting anything else out of me like I said before bump this thread when it's made official to the public

Edited by DborKnowsBest

EDIT: 2 map packs during the first year of subscription, that's all I'm saying I'm not getting myself into any trouble.

Sorry, I wasn't singling you out. I was just curious if anyone had any sources they could point to cuz I couldn't find anything online.

If it is only 2 map packs, then I will not get Elite because it's not worth it. Camo, etc, mean nothing to me. I only care about maps. They extend the gameplay.

I'm going to wait til the end of the month to see if IW says anything more definitive before deciding on Elite (since we now have until the end of the month to activate Founder status). I was always under the impression it would be at least 3 map packs, and hopefully 4. Otherwise it's not worth it to me.

I'm going to wait til the end of the month to see if IW says anything more definitive before deciding on Elite (since we now have until the end of the month to activate Founder status). I was always under the impression it would be at least 3 map packs, and hopefully 4. Otherwise it's not worth it to me.

It will be at least 3, I'm sure of it. I would say Elite is worth it if you're a big Call of Duty fan. I'm a big FPS fan in general and I played MW2 and Black Ops to their last legs, so for me Elite was a simple question. Not to mention the Hardened Edition is cool as poo. xD

Sorry, I wasn't singling you out. I was just curious if anyone had any sources they could point to cuz I couldn't find anything online.

If it is only 2 map packs, then I will not get Elite because it's not worth it. Camo, etc, mean nothing to me. I only care about maps. They extend the gameplay.

It's alright he's just mad that he has to work some shitty 9-5 job going nowhere while I'm finishing up my last year at Western after doing four years at UWO and three years at Trios I've been working for Digital Extremes just doing mobile game/application development looking to grab a spot at the new Ubisoft studio in Toronto but that's a stretch.