Boring?

p0rtfan

I was talking about Crackdown, not Assassin's Creed.

L.A. Noire was made for what it is now. A detective game. No Action shooter or something. A DETECTIVE GAME. And what do you do in L.A. Noire? Inspecting locations to find clues and hearing people out. Well, that's what I wanted. That's why I bought Noire.

Ok, apologies.

I understand what you mean, and i bought the game to do that too. I think people are feeling short changed, there is not a great deal of variety.

You wonder if the game would have such a big appeal to it if it werent for the motionscan cut scenes.

i hear you

started to get repetitive for me around vice. sure each case is different, but it's all the same regardless of how it starts out. got to the crime scene, find evidence, interrogate suspects, next case.

it's an interesting idea, and it'll be cool to see where it goes from here. beat this in a week and almost paid 70 bucks for it, thankfully that wasn't the case.

I was talking about Crackdown, not Assassin's Creed.

L.A. Noire was made for what it is now. A detective game. No Action shooter or something. A DETECTIVE GAME. And what do you do in L.A. Noire? Inspecting locations to find clues and hearing people out. Well, that's what I wanted. That's why I bought Noire.

word, the action was one of the least satisfying things in the game for me

Yeah I totally agree with you. After I did the 1000 :gsicon: I was soooo bored with it, not the mention the fucked up ENDING. I was forced to sell this crap. Besides, THERE IS NOTHING you can do afterwards and believe me I won't play any cases again, FOR WHAT??? to get more bored, no thank you.

I fail to see how the ending is fucked up but I do agree with the fact that after you 100% there is little replay value however up until I got that I enjoyed it.

Disc 3 is where the story really takes off in this game IMO. Also, I can see why some people will totally not like this game, since as others have pointed out, its more of a "Detective" game than an action game. At times it reminded me of Phoenix Wright. When I called people out on their lies, I kept wanting to yell "OBJECTION!". The other silly thing for me was I kept expecting John Hamm to show up, since a lot about this game made me think of Mad Men. Maybe he'll be in some DLC?

I think the problem with this game was always going to be comparisions with Red Dead and GTA, despite them trying damn hard to point out it was a whole new experience. Despite the hype it is effectively GTA 1947 but your a good guy. It's enjoyable because it is different but can seem repetative early on, but I'm sure the developers liased with some seasoned flat foots and found that it was probably like this in real life. Graphically it is suberb and the attention to detail is awesome. I agree with an earlier poster that the street crimes seem totally pointless and would have like to have seen Stranger missions similar to Red Dead, that had you chasing all over town for answers. I'm sticking with L.A. Noire because knowing Rockstar what we are seeing here is just the tip of the iceberg and the possibilities are endless, pretty much the way they raised the bar with Red Dead and Tales from Liberty City. It is only a matter of time before it Cops and Robbers shoot out in downtown LA on multiplayer, surely.

PS to compare this game to Assassins Creed is totally ludicrous and I suggest you start taking your tablets again!

The reference to Assassins Creed (at least to the first game in my opinion) is that the games are similar that each mission is a repeat process and lacks variety.

Its not a comparison in anything other than its formulaic process, travel to a location, watch a cut scene, perform an action (search/interview/chase or kill someone) and repeat.

The argument can continue if its claimed that this applies to many (all) games, the trick is to not let the gamer feel its repetitive, like the intriguing story in LA Noire. Unfortunately it looks like the story is not enough for some owners of this game to regard it as a great game.

I am in the camp that the game is ok, not great, but ok.

I might be in the minority here when I say this, but I never cared much for Rockstar. They make great games and all, but I could never get into the whole sandbox gameplay of Grand Theft Auto, and speaking of repetitious (at least to me) was Red Dead Redemption.

In fact the only other Rockstar game I beat before L.A. Noire was Bully, since it offered something unique to me in the sandbox game genre.

So before I begin, I don't want anyone to suspect me in the least to be a Rockstar fanboy, and I can respect the OP opinion. But I loved LA Noire, it was a complete departure from the normal Rockstar sandbox games they throw at us.

I enjoyed the more linear approach, and how story driven the entire game is. I've heard complaints and how my brother put it "it's repetitive because you go to crime scene, investigate, then either - chase bad guy, chase bad guy in car, or have a shoot out"

Sure if you want to break it down in that formula, it's not far off, but if you do that you're completely missing the point of the game. It's more playing an old detective movie then an 80's action more. And in each incident of having to chase after someone, get into a gun fight or car chase I enjoyed it, sure some of it seemed tacked on to basically remind us that we are still playing a video game, but overall to me it feels like it's (almost) going to be one of those classics right up there with Bioshock, Portal and Assassins Creed. It takes a complete departure from the standard FPS games that have flooded the market as of late, and gives us a beautiful backdrop location, a great old school pulp detective story line and tight controls.

Well, that's my general rant, and I am not bashing anyone for their likes or dislikes of the game since it all comes down to personal taste and preference, but I couldn't stop playing. Right now I am going back over the cases to get 5 stars on them all.... now the only repetitive/boring part is having to unlock all 95 f***ing cars and those stupid gold reels....