South park the stick of truth australia problems

• 1 month later...
http://www.movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=6583

Found this today 26th Dec 2013

p.s head up high HOPE YOU GET YOUR GAME UNCUT FCK THE CENSORS :)

This is straight up fantastic. I always feel bad for our fellow gamers down under for the crap they have to put up with. Hope this koala scene ruined everyone on the censorship boards day.

• 2 weeks later...
It seems all the PAL versions are censored. No good news for us PAL gamers, unless any NTSC (Asia or USA) version is going to be region free.

People are overreacting and having a bitch fit about the censorship. Yes, it sucks that the game has been altered, but you can see the content on YouTube a few days after launch.

Besides, at least in Australia, they take the piss out of the ratings board by mocking 'em with crying koalas.

People are overreacting and having a bitch fit about the censorship. Yes, it sucks that the game has been altered, but you can see the content on YouTube a few days after launch.

Besides, at least in Australia, they take the piss out of the ratings board by mocking 'em with crying koalas.

I pre-ordered the UK version ages ago thinking I would get an uncensored version, but now I am getting a censored version without crying Koala's :( I reckon that is a valid reason to have a bitch fit.

I pre-ordered the UK version ages ago thinking I would get an uncensored version, but now I am getting a censored version without crying Koala's :( I reckon that is a valid reason to have a bitch fit.

You should make a 'Bitching Thread for Australians that pre-ordered a UK copy'. :p

You should make a 'Bitching Thread for Australians that pre-ordered a UK copy'. :p

Haha I would be the only one there probably. Honestly, I will just be glad to finally get this game. After all the delays, I couldn't care less about 20 seconds of anal probing and abortions.

If you go to the online ubisoft store you might be able to get an uncensored version. Atleast in the dutch store one of the pre order games says uncensored so if you really want to have the 'full' exp it might be there :)

Though I wonder whats going to happen to my game. I pre-ordered the grand-wizard edition from the dutch uplay store but since the censorship I dont see it in any european uplay store so now I'm worried I'll get the US one which wont work. Surely they wont do that... Right? :S

If you go to the online ubisoft store you might be able to get an uncensored version. Atleast in the dutch store one of the pre order games says uncensored so if you really want to have the 'full' exp it might be there :)

Though I wonder whats going to happen to my game. I pre-ordered the grand-wizard edition from the dutch uplay store but since the censorship I dont see it in any european uplay store so now I'm worried I'll get the US one which wont work. Surely they wont do that... Right? :S

I already have the Grand Wizard edition pre-ordered and paid for, I don't really care enough about the tiny bit of content I will be missing to go through the hassle of cancelling and re-pre-ordering.

I think you should be fine with your copy, it wouldnt make sense for them to send you a game that doesn't work in your region.

I already have the Grand Wizard edition pre-ordered and paid for, I don't really care enough about the tiny bit of content I will be missing to go through the hassle of cancelling and re-pre-ordering.

I think you should be fine with your copy, it wouldnt make sense for them to send you a game that doesn't work in your region.

I agree, Matt and Trey must of agreed to it at some point so i cant see it taking much from the game. So I cant see it being worth the hassle of cancelling and pre-ordering it again.

Thats what I'm thinking, would make little sense. But I've never pre-ordered a game before that suddenly is being censored and then not being available to pre order lol. So heres hoping they dont do something strange

As a player from down under, I would love to see the crying koala,but the uncensored vision will be better. So my question is: does this game region lock? Can my PAL machine play the NTSC version game?

I don't think anyone will really know until the game is released and someone tries it.

It was Ubisoft's idea to make the changes. It had nothing to do with someone censoring the game... A-holes!

The censoring isn't that bad. I just saw it occur a handful of times, but it was expected since... Well, spoilers, so I won't dig deep. In the last 3 hours, I have seen the censored screen 5, maybe 6 times and it didn't change anything.

My hopes were raised and shattered. It's only the PC version of the game that's uncensored from the Ubi store :(

Edited by Gorjira

Is it possible to buy the US version an play it on my 360 even though i live in sweden ? Theres no way im gonna play the game censored so its either that or not buy the game at all. Also is the digital version only US or is it the european version for us in europe ?