Final Fantasy XIII Faceplate Giveaway

Webb

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MythosEngineer

My favourite Final Fantasy is 04. The story & progression of the charactesr is so interesting. Their personal stories on how they meet the other people & evolve into heroes, really catches the heart. The music is the best of any Final Fantasy to date, in my opinion, & add such an emphasis on what's going on. Graphiclly, it is behindin these modern days, but even still it's nice & not just the DS version. The original was fantastic in it's day & the nostalgia upon seeing it, is just fantastic. Final Fantasy 04 holds a special place in my heart & it's the best Final Fantasy!

A very close runner up for me is Crisis Core. The story hit me so hard when I started playing it because I knew the inevitable end, it is also the only FF game to make me shed tears at the end. I got so into the characters that at times, the music & the world engulphed me wholly.

Edited by MythosEngineer
spelling

Gt = Luffy512

Up until now VII has been my favourite but with circumstances such as PSP's being stolen and memory cards being lost i have never actually finished it and always lacked the motivation to do so, not the case with XIII it is without a doubt my favourite of the series despite a slow start the battle system makes up for it and the story is gripping... so much that I finished the first disc in one sitting disregarding uni work and girlfriend(which came back to bite me in the bum)... and i can't wait for more free time just to finish it. And the linearity of it is what makes me prefer it to the other games as the get a quest at one end of world just to have to travel to the OTHER end was rather tedious to me and feels like a cheap way to extend gameplay time.

WadeoV2.

My favourite Final Fantasy and why? Well, without a doubt I'm going to say Final Fantasy 7. I know it seems like I'm jumping on the bandwagon as it seems most people enjoy FF7 the most but I'm definitely not one of them. I just turned 7 when I got my copy of it and I was able to get my copy 2 days before release date! 29th of Jan '97! I was so excited.

So, more to why I like the game ; Characters - Such an vast array of characters. Ranging from cute but fierce Yuffie to characters like Barret. We all know he took no crap, he was a raging maniac! He loved to break enemies. Story - Just so... I honestly cannot find the word for it. It made you feel happy, angry & upset. Battle system - So simple yet effective. My favourite battling system ever.

I can't write much more since I have to go to work, but yes, as you realise I absolutely love Final Fantasy 7. I still have my original copy of it, in perfect condition and got the guide too. I admit, I did have to look at it a few times to help me out.

Thanks for reading. Great competition. Wadeo.

GT: SUDDENJONATAN

Of all the games in the Final Fantasy saga, i have special feelings for VII.

It was the game that maked me start playing roleplaying games.

I got i from my uncle and the first day i played it 5 hours strait. That is not so long you think, but i wasent used to play games so long.

From that day on i always had respect for the Final Fantasy saga.

And if i win this prize, its a bigger chance that i will buy the game :)

Might not win with this reply, I was never really a Final Fantasy fan and have only ever owned one Final Fantasy X (10) and I was hooked from start to finish. I am hoping to get the latest one when I have some of my other games out of the way, As I know it will take up a lot of my gaming time.

GT: Shred Asics 13

Favorite is still FFIV(FF II in U.S.) - The Legend of Zelda introduced us to the fantasy world of adventuring and exploration. No impact will probably ever be greater to me gaming wise than this. However, Final Fantasy IV introduced everything we know about JRPGS today. Leveling, Customization, Character Development, Long and Engaging Story, A Sense of Commitment; these are all staple's to succesful RPGS today. I do believe that VI, VII, and X all have trumped II as they were able to deliver more to us from a tehcnical standpoint. But I do not believe that there will ever be any kind of advacement in this genre like there was from FFI to FFII - US. It's unfortuante that the US missed out on II and III proper for such a long time, but it made FFII US's impact so standard setting.

GT: d00gie23

Yeah, FF7 was great, but the one that got me started on the whole series, Final Fantasy for the NES. Make fun of me all you want, but it was the first game I spent many hours going through. Still play it to this day.

GT: PKTHUND3RBALL

My favourite is EVERY Final Fantasy game but if I had to pick one which I loved more than the others it would most likely be FF7 as the Materia system kicked some awesome booty allowing anyone to be strength, magic or supportive not set roles. I must of killed them weapons at least 5 times each without cheats and the fastest time I completed it at was 20-21 hours.

Nice to see soo many FF fans here :D

GT: Lodoss Inderos

Favorite FF: Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Not only did Final Fantasy Mystic Quest have some epic music, but the ability to change weapons without having to equip/unequip them, all you had to do was press L or R and you had a new weapon in your hands. Not only that, the boss fights were challenging. Now-a-days when you fight a boss, he/she is usually one form. In Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, the bosses started out whole, but as you slashed away their HP, their image would change making them look more beaten down and evil, and there was like 3 or 4 forms per boss.

DJConnelly

I have to go for Advent Chilren. This film has some of the most spectacular CG sequences I have ever witnessed. The whole experience felt like an extra long FMV sequence from the game, on steroids. Yeah. The attention to detail in each scene, especially in the heavy action oriented ones, is so impeccable it left me with a sense of awe. Characters move with fluidity. Each scene background comes to life and tells its own story. Facial reactions, subtle clues that bring about another level of entertainment above the typical narration method of story plot delivery. You can't go for anything else.

a hippyslayer

Gotta be FFVI. Had the fortune to play it all the way through many times before the PlayStation came along to appreciate the graphics the SNES could put out. Soundtrack, characters, music, and plot, mechanics, and secrets were all first rate. And it made Tools like cool.

Name: Edward VAN WINKLE

Gamertag: E vee dub

Favorite Final Fantasy game: Final Fantasy I (and VII)

Yes... the first Final Fantasy. When I randomly tried that game on the NES, I was hooked.

I won't forget the first time seeing an ogre take up 1/4 of the enemies side of the screen. So intimidating!

OR using that little wizard that looked like Orko from Masters of the Universe.

OR when I finally realized that once you level up high enough, the ninja should use his bare hands and not weapons for the best effect.

Simply sensible and classic.

(XBox Live Arcade game... maybe. Nah, too simple.)