Very impressed!

GreatGaming88

Ok, so this is probably the only arcade game I ever brought that I didn't get the trial first. Do I regret it? Hell no! This game is truly a pleasure to play, and sadly it's not often enough I can say that about a game.

Not far enough in yet to comment about the story or length of the game, but what I played so far has been excellent (gameplay wise)

Laggy frame rates are one of my biggest pet peeves in games. I definitely haven't gotten anything besides a few hiccups yet. Dunno why.

To each his own, but how could that calm, smooth voice possibly annoy you? If anything, you don't think it adds anything, but I have no idea how anyone could hear that voice and be like WOW MAKE HIM STOP. His voice is like butter!

Look at the context I used that in, I am someone who doesn't like people watching over my shoulder. This makes that feeling for me. Hence the annoyance.

I think I'm about half way through and I LOVE the game so far. Even if it's short, it's an easy 200G and the game doesn't make you suffer or leave a bad taste in your mouth to get all the cheevos.

Yes the game doesn't have anything else beyond the beautiful artwork and amazing narrator (I've been impersonating his voice all day for lolz.) I say this unique experience is something to enjoy for the 1200. Almost feels like the LIMBO effect (Short but sweet.) and I kinda needed myself some Role-Playing after Ms. Splosion Man. I won't buy all the games at first because... well I don't have a Kinect. So buying Fruit Ninja will be pointless for me. :c

Great game, nice and short, easy achievements, great buy. Definitely recommended if you're stuck at home and need a game to enjoy for the day. Same amount of money you spend on Gas to the mall.

I love the music in this game too. The song during the credits is great.

Yep! I especially loved when the kid hears the singer for the first time. Between the beautiful singing and the narrator, it creates a very surreal moment. Great on the second playthrough too when it makes more sense.

So I downloaded the trial for this game this morning, and waited for it to download, and upon finishing, I fired it up. This has to be the most annoying game ever made. I mean seriously, WHY do I need someone telling me what I am doing? Did I go blind overnight? I mean seriously. The gameplay seemed okay, and the graphics were decent, if it weren't for the voiceover I would probably spend the 1200 points on this game, but I won't spend any points on a game this annoying.

Not that I agree, but they had you in mind when they made their settings. I'm surprised no one looks at game settings anymore. It's like the first thing I look at when I fire up a game for the first time.

Pause.

Select: "Help & Options"

Then select: "Settings"

Set "Narration Volume" to 0 by moving the blue bar all the way to the left.

Fixed. You're welcome! You can even turn on subtitles if you don't want to mindlessly play a game without any hint of story! Yay!

Not that I agree, but they had you in mind when they made their settings. I'm surprised no one looks at game settings anymore. It's like the first thing I look at when I fire up a game for the first time.

Pause.

Select: "Help & Options"

Then select: "Settings"

Set "Narration Volume" to 0 by moving the blue bar all the way to the left.

Fixed. You're welcome! You can even turn on subtitles if you don't want to mindlessly play a game without any hint of story! Yay!

Thanks for the tip, but if I am playing a demo of a game, I don't check out the settings. I leave them at default and if I decide to buy a game, then I go in and play around with the settings. It's probably the same for most people. For me this causes the feeling that the developers wanted you to feel in their game. So if I mute the narrator, what is the difference? I said prior that if I have to play the game on mute, what is the sense of buying it( I know a little different, but same point). So I will still pass on this game. That's just my opinion and review of the game though. Everyone will have a different opinion of the game, and it is good to get all sides when you are reading to see if you want to buy a game. If I'm wrong on that I apologize, but from the gaming sites I have seen over the last 15 years or so, that is how most people like it.

Thanks for the tip, but if I am playing a demo of a game, I don't check out the settings. I leave them at default and if I decide to buy a game, then I go in and play around with the settings. It's probably the same for most people. For me this causes the feeling that the developers wanted you to feel in their game. So if I mute the narrator, what is the difference? I said prior that if I have to play the game on mute, what is the sense of buying it( I know a little different, but same point). So I will still pass on this game. That's just my opinion and review of the game though. Everyone will have a different opinion of the game, and it is good to get all sides when you are reading to see if you want to buy a game. If I'm wrong on that I apologize, but from the gaming sites I have seen over the last 15 years or so, that is how most people like it.

BADDIE ALERT

Most people don't look at settings period.

Also, why the frick are you still here? You said in your initial post you arn't going to get the game yet you stalk the topic you posted on.

I SMELL A LOSER WITH NO LIFE WEEEE

You seem more like that "badass" that wants to break down the hype this game is having. People have done it to Call of Duty despite it's FPS innovation for Military like shooters, Borderlands redefining loot games and other games from different genres that do wonders for the genre.

There's always going to be people like you that nit pick something so minuscule because you get "annoyed" by someone talking. Do you socialize with people in real life? Do you NOT have people in your house commentating you while you're playing? The narrator is assisting in Story Development, a key most people complain about ALL THE TIME. Better than someone being a backseat player and telling you how you messed up during the game.

Don't get upset buddy, this game is awesome, easy and unique. Easy 8/10 or 9/10 ratings. Get over it.

lol, in my years of gaming I have seen A LOT of innovation. If you look at my forum posts coupled with my gamerscore, you will see that I do indeed have a life. No I am not saying don't go out and buy this game, I was speaking of personal preference about the game. If someone wants to go out and spend 15 bucks on a game then more power to them, I was only speaking about what I as a person didn't like about the game, then people attacked that, so I stuck up for my opinion. As far as the game goes, I still personally wouldn't spend the money on it. Even after trying out the demo again to give it a more than fair chance at redemption. So I have stated my opinion, and as I have said many times in my life, you know what they say about opinions.