Dungeon Strategies

Zef

A mini-guide for the Dungeon.

Battler Beetle (25) - Minions, 50 Browns. Move to the edge of the dungeon and approach the beetles, get close enough to attract a small group of them and then draw them away. Fight small groups and make good use of your minions, setting a guard marker might help if you want to keep yourself out of danger, just lead the enemy close enough for your minions to attack.

Bloody Unicorn (6) - Minions, 50 Greens. Target a Unicorn and send your Greens to attack it. They will jump onto it's back and do a lot of damage, which should take it down quickly. Recall your minions and then send them to attack another, repeat this a few times and you are victorious. Alternatively, send all 50 Greens in to attack without targetting and they will begin to damage all of your enemies at the same time. This is quicker but will undoubtedly lead to the loss of minions.

Boulder Beast (5) - Minions, 50 Browns. These enemies will only take damage when they aren't rolled up into a ball. You need to avoid charging enemies, you can take a lot of damage and lose minions if you aren't careful. Go to the edge of the dungeon and get a single enemy to charge at you, dodge the attack and then send all of you minions in to attack it once it hits the wall and unrolls. They can be taken down swiftly so this will be a quick battle, just be sure to avoid rolling attacks and make good use of your minions.

Dazzler Beetle (25) - See Battler Beetle.

Dwarf Bomber (5) - Minions, 50 Browns. An extremely easy battle, these enemies have very little health and are slow to attack. Send all minions in to attack without targetting, if you see a bomb has been thrown then recall all of your minions to spare them.

Dwarf Crossbowman (10) - Minions, 50 Browns. A frustrating battle, these enemies can kill minions very quickly but die without much effort. You can rush them with your Browns and sacrifice a few and the fight ends quickly.

Dwarf Miner (25) - Minions, 50 Browns. Another simple battle, rush the enemy with all of your minions and they will die quickly. Be sure to get into the fight yourself as there are many enemies and you don't want to lose minions. Alternatively, draw a smaller group of enemies out and tackle them seperately. This saves minions but will take longer than needed.

Dwarf Warrior (10) - Minions, 40 Browns, 10 Greens. Use a single Green to bring some of them forwards, then attack with Browns. You could also use of your group of Greens and send them all in first, be careful of the others though as they won't hesitate to attack any Greens that do not jump onto an enemies back.

Fallen Knight (15) - Minions, 50 Browns. An easy battle, rushing with all of your minions works well if you start from one of the sides rather than the front. Use your Overlord in the fight to finish off any groups of enemies that are threatening your minions.

Flamer Dwarf (10) - Minions, 50 Greens. This is an interesting one, I tend to sacrifice Greens to make this easier. The positioning of the enemies makes it hard to go in yourself without taking a lot of damage, so Greens are your best option. Target one of the Dwarfs on the end of the line and send a single green in to attack, one the enemies begin to attack, recall your minion and quickly send three Greens to attack the enemy on the other end of the line. You will need to repeat this a few times but eventually you will have enough space to attack them yourself and save a few minions from being toasted. This one takes time and will use up a bit of lifeforce if you are not careful.

Forest Troll (7) - Minions, 35 Browns, 15 Greens. A simple battle, killing Trolls should come naturally after playing the game through. Target a single troll and send in a few Greens to attack it, then send in your Browns to the same troll. When it lifts it's arm up recall your minions to avoid the splash damage attack, knowing when to do this will minimise your losses. Repeat this until all foes are vanquished.

Ghost Elf (24?) - Minions, 50 Blues. You can ONLY use Blues for this fight, they are the only minions that can do damage to ghosts. Take in a full hoarde and rush the enemy. If your minions die it doesn't matter, you can revive them all at the end providing you are quick enough and have some left over. There isn't much challenge from the enemy, you have superior numbers and should easily take them down.

Halfling Cook (10) - Minions, 50 Browns. You could also take some Greens, but Browns are more than competant here. The Cooks can take down minions quite easily, so attack from the side as they are quite slow and you should be able to take them out without too much trouble. You can also draw them away from the group and attack, which will save you some minions.

Halfling Rocklobber (16) - Minions, 50 Browns. A very easy fight, rocklobbers have low health but will be able to do some damage from a distance. Close the gap quickly and they will go down without doing too much damage to your hoarde. The enemies are positioned into four groups of four, so it is best to take out one of the side groups first and then sweep across the dungeon. You could also send your minions out to all four groups at the same time, this is quicker but may cause more losses.

Halfling Spearman (20) - Minions, 50 Browns. These enemies do most of their damage charging you, so lead your assault with your Overlord and then send in minions once you are closer to the pack. Browns will be able to take out the spearmen easily, the enemies have low health and will be overwealmed by your numbers.

Halfling Swordman (14) - Minions, 50 Browns. A simple case of rushing again, send all of your minions out and help out yourself where needed.

Hulking Toad (5) - Minions, none. This can be tricky, the toads jump around a lot and so can be difficult to attack. They also have a habit of eating your minions, so going solo is always a good choice. Go solo and concentrate on a single toad at a time, you should take too much damage but make use of the targetting feature.

Magma Beetle (25) - See Battler Beetle.

Puff Beetle (25) - See Battler Beetle.

Red Priest (5) - Minions, 50 Browns. One of the easiest battles, send all minions in to attack and it will be over in moments. The priests rarely have time to attack you so there is very little risk of losing minions.

Rock Giant (5) - Minions, 50 Greens. A simple battle, just send as many Greens as you can at a single enemy. If you notice that no more are jumping onto it's back then target a new enemy and repeat the process. When the giant throws your minions off it's back then recall them and send them out again. Take your time and watch out for the other giants to avoid being hit.

Ruborian Bomber (10) - Minions, 50 Browns. An easy fight, but watch out for the bombs! Browns can easily finish off the bombers, but you may lose a good chunk of your hoard by rushing. Single out enemies and attack them seperately, take your time and you should come out with minimal losses.

Ruborian Fighter (10) - Minions, 50 Browns. Another easy fight minus the bombs, use the strategy above and you will prevail.

Skull Boar (15) - Minions, 25 Browns, 25 Greens. Target an enemy and send out a few minions, target another and send out some more. You should be able to attack two or three at a time without much worry. Enemies are grouped into fives, so concentrate on one group at a time, start on one of the sides and avoid provoking the other groups. Take your time and draw your enemies back to the starting point if you want to attack en mass.

Skull Rat (25) - Minions, 50 Browns. Send all of your minions out and get into the fight yourself (a fully upgraded sword = one hit kills), start from one side to avoid the ranged attacks from the whole group and you will reduce your loses. The enemies don't have a lot of health but they are agile, aid any minions that are being attack by a group of enemies and you will win.

Skull Stag (5) - Minions, 50 Browns. A simple battle, rush in and take them out, the stags don't do much damage so this should be a quick fight.

Slug (10) - Minions, none. Possibly the hardest dungeon battle there is. Taking minions will result in them dieing, but they can do a lot of damage near the start to make things easier for you later on. You will spend a lot of time doing hit and runs, so be patient with your attacks and know when to back down. Avoid the big hits, a slug with rear up and lunge forwards, as soon as it begins the animation for this haul ass to avoid being knocked down and taking more damage. Be sure to have armour with regeneration so that you have health to fight, and fully upgraded equipment is a must. Patience is your greatest weapon here (besides a big arcanium thingy).

Sluglet (5) - Minions, 50 Browns. Easy in comparison to their big brothers, they offer no real threat but be sure to make use of a full hoarde. Rush them and it is night-night sluggy.

Succubus (5) - Minions, 40 Browns, 10 Greens. Concentrate on a single Succubus at a time, you will be able to take them down if you use all of your minions. When one of them lands be sure to use your Overlord to attack, you will take a large chunk of health off if you have decent weaponry and the whole battle goes quickly.

Troll (2) - See Forest Troll.

White Priest (5) - Minions, 50 Browns. This can be a complicated battle, your enemies can revive each other so you will need to take them out quickly or use your minions well to attack them all at the same time. You have superior numbers and they don't deal much damage to worry about.

Zombie (loads) - Minions, 35 Reds, 15 Browns. Slow enemies mean you can position all of your minions on a guard marker and send them in by controlling the marker. You need Browns to protect your Reds, but the Reds will do most of the killing. Send the guard marker close to the enemies and your Reds will set them on fire, any that get lose will suffer a death by Browns.

Zombie Lord (10) - Minions, 50 Browns. You can just rush the enemy here, but they have a viscious flame attack that will kill your minions quickly. Going solo is always an option, so you may take that route. When using minions, focus on a single pair at a time with 50 minions they will drop like stones.

That one got cut off because of the character limit =(

Another point I'd like to make is that you can complete a lot of these without minions, fully upgraded equipment will make things a whole lot easier without needed to control those little scamps. You can also beat many of the enemies without using Arcanium, but then minions are essential.

Feel free to play around with the combinations of minions, these were the numbers that worked well for me so I put them up. If you have a better or alternative strategy then feel free to post them, different playing styles will need different tactics so don't keep them to yourself.

Awesome job man, quality stuff. :)

The only thing you might want to add is how to find the Ghost Elves in Evernight Woods. I've been asked about that a lot.

To unlock them in your dungeon, you just need to kill one in the forest. Only Blue minions can hurt them.

Also, if you're going for the Zero Corruption achievement, wait until you've beaten the game to go back and kill them or it may mess up your achievement.

Okay, locations are done (some may be of a little).

Battler Beetle - Melvin's Kitchen, after defeating Melvin.

Bloody Unicorn - Evernight Forest, before you enter the main area.

Boulder Beast - Golden Hills Construction Zone, near the beginning of this area in narrow corridors.

Dazzler Beetle - Moist Hollows, various locations within the area.

Dwarf Bomber - Golden Hills, inside the fortress guarding the Dwarven Brewery.

Dwarf Crossbowman - Golden Hills, in the small colony straight ahead of the Tower Gate.

Dwarf Miner - Golden Hills, in the small colony straight ahead of the Tower Gate.

Dwarf Warrior - Golden Hills, after destroying the door of the Dwarven fortress one will appear.

Fallen Knight - Heaven's Peak, one will attack you as soon as you leave The Understreets and destroy a barricade.

Flamer Dwarf - Golden Hills, on the path to the Dwarven fortress attacking sluglets.

Forest Troll - Evernight Forest, in the Mother Goddess Temple you will fight two before destroying the final root node.

Ghost Elf - Evernight Forest, straight ahead from the Tower gate. You MUST use Blues to kill them.

Halfling Cook - Halfling Homes, in the kitchen section before you find Spree's food.

Halfling Rocklobber - Mellow Hills, at the gates to the Slave Camp on a small wooden tower.

Halfling Spearman - Halfling Homes, in a corridor in the first section. Identified by the spears they use as weapons.

Halfling Swordman - Mellow Hills, inside the farm you destroy at the beginning of the game.

Hulking Toad - Evernight Forest, in the swamp surrounding a root node near the Sacred Grove.

Magma Beetle - Melvin's Kitchen, after releasing the Reds there are some behind a fire barricade.

Puff Beetle - Veridian Hollows, various locations within the area.

Red Priest - Halfway to Heaven Inn, in the basement of the Inn in the Order of the Red Dawn's hideout.

Rock Giant - Golden Hills, outside the Glittering Mine across the bridge from the Tower Gate.

Ruborian Bomber - Ruborian Village, on some rooftops in the first section of the village.

Ruborian Fighter - Ruborian Desert, near the campsite by a large skeleton to the right of the Tower Gate.

Skull Boar - Evernight Forest, behind a barricade on the path to the left of Oberon. Also around the root node in the same direction.

Skull Rat - Evernight Forest, in the area surrounding Oberon.

Skull Stag - Evernight Forest, in the swamp on the way to Veridian Caverns.

Slug - Golden Hills, inside the Glittering Mine. You must kill a number of them to proceed.

Sluglet - Golden Hills, the appear from green holes in the drinking area near a minion spell.

Succubus - Heaven's Peak, in the swamp as you approach another Tower Gate.

Troll - Slave Camp, you must kill one to proceed in this area, before you steal the crane.

White Priest - Heaven's Peak, in the Silent Order's compound where there is a Tower gate.

Zombie - Heaven's Peak, in the graveyard behind the Tower gate.

Zombie Lord - The Understreets, guarding the third wheel spoke.

A little rough, but you should get the idea =)

I have an alternative strategie for the slugs:

Just pick a full team of Reds (I had 50 at the time) and move into the arena.

When you're inside place a guard marker (press y) and direct all your minions towards it with with the right trigger. Now lock on to the marker with the left trigger and carfully move the minions towards the slugs and they will start moving towards you. The best thing you can do now is move the minions clockwise or counter clockwise inside the arena closely following the walls. When you get your minions behind the slugs you can release your left trigger and get some melee attacks in. When they start moving in closer just move your minions again till they are behind them. The only things you have to look out for is keeping your distance with the minions and the sort of jumplike attack with wich they squash your minions.

Using this method I killed them on my first try in a few minutes while taking minimal damage and minion losses.

I have an alternative strategie for the slugs:

Just pick a full team of Reds (I had 50 at the time) and move into the arena.

When you're inside place a guard marker (press y) and direct all your minions towards it with with the right trigger. Now lock on to the marker with the left trigger and carfully move the minions towards the slugs and they will start moving towards you. The best thing you can do now is move the minions clockwise or counter clockwise inside the arena closely following the walls. When you get your minions behind the slugs you can release your left trigger and get some melee attacks in. When they start moving in closer just move your minions again till they are behind them. The only things you have to look out for is keeping your distance with the minions and the sort of jumplike attack with wich they squash your minions.

Using this method I killed them on my first try in a few minutes while taking minimal damage and minion losses.

ill have to try this, also nice thread. ive had some trouble, and these should help

i beat all of them and no achievement any ideas

Check that you have actually beaten ALL of them, you may be missing one of the enemies from the list so make sure that you have them all first before you think there is a bug in the game. If you definately have all of them then restart a new game or switch to a different one and try again on there. You'll need to play through the game twice so you will probably have two files to play with.

• 2 weeks later...

Slug tactic

I agree with odan... I also used 50 greens.......

What i did was guard them in the left corners as u walk in the dungeon. Then i would lure some slugs to the right corner.... They took our 3 or so and damaged the rest.....The rest was for me to kill and that was ez

Use a arcadium weapon that is imbued with 50% greens & 50% reds.....it does miracels..

Dwarf flamers

I did not use any minions for this one... I started on the right hand side. I would run close to the most outer 2 flamers, letting them use the flam, waiting for it to finish, then go in and melee attack them with my weapon....

Zombie

Take 50 browns, upgrade them in the ruborian village....and then kill them all....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great guide. It helps immensely. By the way, I never found Battler Beetles in Melvin's Kitchen, and I tried several (and I mean several) times over a couple days. I did, however, find some in Heaven's Peak - Understreets past the first few rooms of zombies.

• 1 month later...
White Priest - Heaven's Peak, in the Silent Order's compound where there is a Tower gate.

Heaven's Peak, the first time you get inside Heaven's Peak you will eventually have to go and find Sir William in his Citadel place. If you are standing at the door/gate to there facing towards the city, head forwards past some houses until you see a crowd of peasants to your right near a bridge (you might need to go up some stairs or a ramp to see them). Clear the burning barricade with some Reds and you start a little riot, there will be peasants, Fallen Knights and White Priests for you to kill. You will know it is the correct place as there is a Tower portal infront of some Stone Henge looking things (early on it is surrounded by a force field).

Since you have finished the game I think you may have difficulty finding some. They do sometimes appear in that area after you have been there, but it is usually empty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...