Golden Key Infinite Loot Glitch

SIMPLYMIDGET

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This method sucks, and you may lose your Golden Keys trying to replicate the glitch. Here is an actual foolproof method for those who like cheating: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/638784-borderlands-2/64143222

Thank gawd, I'm gonna have to try this method. I don't do mulitplayer and used co-op to farm/ dupe in Borderlands 1 a hell of a lot but only found out too late that the keys weren't tryed to a memory stick save file and lost keys to 1 character on my main gametag and them on my sub tag ( I have 1 gold and 3 silver).

I know it's a noob question from a veteran Borderlands1 player, but how do the keys work? is it 1 key (2 for shift account makers) per gametag or 1 per character, cause i made a new character on a sub tag but he got no key even though I played him though to claptrap's little house.

It works just a few suggestions!

Make sure the host is the one going through the travel menu

Make sure everyone you want to exploit with is in the game before you start. Players joining after the initial opening won't be able to open the chest.

Yes I was the Host and in the travel menu, good looking out.

Although we had people join after who still could receive items.

dude TRUST in the midget. He never steers u wrong!!!

I've been using the USB method that is stated above and that works fine :) You lose your key by doing this method so I think I'll pass on this cause I wanna save my last key till level 50

It worked again, no problems. This time there were only two of us.

I was the host with no keys, my buddy had 1 key.

I went into the travel menu and scrolled. While I did this, my buddy opened the chest and closed it. He then opened it again (while I still scrolled). I then proceeded to exit the travel menu.

Infinite loot for the rest of the night without the chest staying open.

Edited by SIMPLYMIDGET

Does the game save when you hit the chest? Because if the host is scrolling and the second player opens it, couldn't they dashboard and keep their key? This is assuming of course that you lose it.

Keys are tied to your Profiles GDP and not save file. So going to the dashboard or signing out doesn't work.

Go ahead and confirm it then, since you're on the game now. KalscensioN is volunteering to try it out as well. Report back after trying it if you're not too chicken.

lol you think I won't try this? Read my first comment in the thread. I clearly said I'll try this once I get to end game. I have multiple keys to blow even if this doesn't work. No need to get butthurt now.

No, once you leave and return, the chest is back to normal. But yes, you will have to use another key. That is why it is best done with 4 people with keys just in case this happens. Each time we would sit there and open the chest non stop between 40 mins to almost 3 hours of messing around with it. You can get so much loot.

And one can mix that technique with the usb card trick to avoid loosing is key. :o