Goty?????

MR TWIST 08

• 1 month later...

I'm going to go out on the tiniest limb ever and say ... NO, not even close.

Titanfall is a heavy contender.

Most likely though, one of the games that has yet to be released will be GotY for XBO Game of the Year. If you're talking OVERALL Game of the Year, not system-specific, then it will probably be Destiny, ESO, or one of the unannounced titles coming out this November/December -- definitely a multiplatform title though.

XBO GotY, Titanfall is a contender simply because it's already shown to have caused a slight uptick in console sales, the reviews were phenomenal, and it was a critic-hit at last year's E3. ESO and Destiny both also have that kind of potential while also being multiplat and having a lot more "hype" surrounding them. Plus, ESO is already considered a hit on PC as most of the news and reviews are very positive so far.

But if you were to ask me to put money on something? I'd probably bet on Titanfall for XBO GotY and some unannounced November/December title for overall GotY. After the delay and a decrease in how the game actually looks vs. how it looked earlier, I don't think Watch_Dogs even makes the list for either award.

• 2 weeks later...

I shudder to think that Titanfall could win GOTY. it is a fun FPS, but damn... it is so bare bones. If it wins, it will send the complete wrong message to what games should need to be in order to win, and it will be more about sales, and less about artistic creativity or an original experience.

As for Watch Dogs... let it come out first. This ALWAYS happens with every game that gets a little bit of hype, you have people saying GOTY! months before the game is even out. That is going in with extremely high expectations from the start.

Edited by Midnight Malice

there is a high chance of it winning at least 1 GOTY award, but with the new Batman game, Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, Destiny, Halo 5, Evolve, MGS V Phantom Pain, The Crew and many more games being released this year (some rumored), it could be a bit difficult to get loads more than 5 GOTY awards.

I don't know why, but I'm fully convinced this will flop.

Me to.

I'm just gonna play it before I start making wild assumptions about this being the best game of the year.

There are a few troubling signs, so I'm not getting too hyped.

I wouldn't get too hyped mate. Single player might be ok but multiplayer is nothing special.