stop grinding Shopaholic! The General unlocked for all!

bean is not pro

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

salvage location for each Map :)

UNDERGROUND

http://102.imagebam.com/download/2cHkkYOj8YHgYHECB6h-uA/24425/244248455/1.jpg

BEACH

http://101.imagebam.com/download/oKrOoOC6Rq4Ik6Qso7jrkw/24425/244248549/2.jpg

MONASTERY

http://106.imagebam.com/download/HCtb8Vvfh8-5vhhDX9GLbg/24425/244248591/3.jpg

CHASM

http://107.imagebam.com/download/J9vH-WbU8G3eH0FufwQZ1g/24425/244248616/4.jpg

SHRIN

http://106.imagebam.com/download/PN8tp_BqL9DuhqW3FbhtkA/24425/244248722/5.jpg

Edited by nighthawk82

It did work for me!! I bought all the upgrades and characters leaving just The General and Lara. Did the hover trick and in the end bought Lara. The achievement did pop a few seconds later (I have almost lost my mind thinking it wouldn't unlock!). To assume: I've spent way more than 200k to buy every single item. Achievement popped.

I wonder whether I should prestige now or not. Actually I am so tired after grinding to 60 (which was not so hard though but boring enough). I say I'm waiting for a nice DLC containing a good SP hub and some more cheevos !!

Regards, you guys!!

It did work for me!! I bought all the upgrades and characters leaving just The General and Lara. Did the hover trick and in the end bought Lara. The achievement did pop a few seconds later (I have almost lost my mind thinking it wouldn't unlock!). To assume: I've spent way more than 200k to buy every single item. Achievement popped.

I wonder whether I should prestige now or not. Actually I am so tired after grinding to 60 (which was not so hard though but boring enough). I say I'm waiting for a nice DLC containing a good SP hub and some more cheevos !!

Regards, you guys!!

There will be no SP addons.

Will there be just maps as Cliffs and Caves available then ?

Yes.

Squeenix has made the worst decision they could ever make with this game besides the addition of Multiplayer in the first place.

There will be no Single Player DLC, Multiplayer DLC only.

Bad call, Squeenix, bad call. I expect to see the number of used copies skyrocket, especially if they unlock the general like they claim.

@Colmarr - I've never done just straight salvage runs because I incorporate the crates into my medkit runs in order to up the XP generated by each medkit. I was thinking about putting up a guide to the way I do it because it nets you 32K XP and 4000 salvage per 20 minute/20 medkit round, but I don't know if anyone really cares... :D

I was thinking about putting up a guide to the way I do it because it nets you 32K XP and 4000 salvage per 20 minute/20 medkit round, but I don't know if anyone really cares... :D

I do! I'm only getting around 27k XP per 20 medkit round on Chasm, so that sounds better than what I'm doing currently. Thankyouplease!

I do! I'm only getting around 27k XP per 20 medkit round on Chasm, so that sounds better than what I'm doing currently. Thankyouplease!

i get 30k on beach in 10 mins, when you pick up the kit drop it just before the drop off ring and you get 500 for that then another 200 when you pick it up and put it in the ring, when you pick up the kit at the back of the map under the turret area drop it at the gas cannister to the right heading back which gives you 200, then pick it up and drop it again near the ring which is 500 and then pick up and drop in the ring which is another 200.

the others are 500 and 200 except for the one under the turret.

the one where you climb high up, walk off the edge near the zipline which leads to the drop off ring, you need to walk off next to the pillar near the zipline to get the 200 otherwise it will just give you 75 for it, then walk straight into the ring.

all of them you get extra points by dropping them near the ring first, i get 4000k more than just taking the med kits straight there.

It's much more convenient to do private solo 20min FFA matches on the beach. I did so with the sprint upgrade. One lap takes usually 59seconds so you are able to open 100 crates (and more if you save time). Every crate contains 100-150 salvage so the average score should be around 10k-15k. Moreover you are given 3000XP for winning the match (you always win this way).

That idea jpg30 mentioned is a very clever one - you are given 500XP by throwing the kit 10-20 meters away from the camp (Long Carry) and 200XP (Medium Carry) for taking it to its destination. That gives you 700 points + 750 for every supply. When you have 19/20 kits in the camp and still have time just take the case again and take it on the wooden stairs nearby. Drop it, pick it up again and throw near the camp: +500XP. Redo it until time runs out (reach the camp). Its easy and in 14 minutes you can easily gain 40k XP

It's much more convenient to do private solo 20min FFA matches on the beach. I did so with the sprint upgrade. One lap takes usually 59seconds so you are able to open 100 crates (and more if you save time). Every crate contains 100-150 salvage so the average score should be around 10k-15k. Moreover you are given 3000XP for winning the match (you always win this way).

No way. 20 Minutes, Solo FFA match on Underground. 26k Salvage. There's no method that beats that.

i get 30k on beach in 10 mins, when you pick up the kit drop it just before the drop off ring and you get 500 for that then another 200 when you pick it up and put it in the ring, when you pick up the kit at the back of the map under the turret area drop it at the gas cannister to the right heading back which gives you 200, then pick it up and drop it again near the ring which is 500 and then pick up and drop in the ring which is another 200.

the one where you climb high up, walk off the edge near the zipline which leads to the drop off ring, you need to walk off next to the pillar near the zipline to get the 200 otherwise it will just give you 75 for it, then walk straight into the ring.

all of them you get extra points by dropping them near the ring first, i get 4000k more than just taking the med kits straight there.

Yeah, this is more or less the method except I use the salvage crates as the point at which I drop the medkit because it's easier for me to autopilot the drops than having to gauge where I should drop the kit. I can kind of veg out and collect which alleviates some of the hurting of having to play this MP at all.

At least 2 of the paths I have make two of the spawn points yield a 900 XP carry. 1 long carry (+500) and 2 short carries (+200 each) plus the Salvage. I don't know if jpg30 is incorporating the salvage crates into his method.

Yeah, this is more or less the method except I use the salvage crates as the point at which I drop the medkit because it's easier for me to autopilot the drops than having to gauge where I should drop the kit. I can kind of veg out and collect which alleviates some of the hurting of having to play this MP at all.

At least 2 of the paths I have make two of the spawn points yield a 900 XP carry. 1 long carry (+500) and 2 short carries (+200 each) plus the Salvage. I don't know if jpg30 is incorporating the salvage crates into his method.

i did do sometimes, i used up the last 10 mins after i got 19 med kits to get salvage, i only got 3 of the 5 each time and ended up with about 4000 salvage but i wasn't really rushing around the map for them, i did some matches doing bothe med kits and salvage but i got bored doing that way for some reason.

i also did rounds of 3 where i would do 1 round just med kits then the 2nd round just salvage, by doing only salvage i got 18000 but that was getting only 3 of the 5 crates, if i went for all 5 then i probably would have got a lot more but i was unsure at the time of the other 2 crate locations.

doing the 3 rounds meant that for the 3rd round i could choose what side i was on, so i could either then do med kits or salvage depending on what i was going for.

If you can find someone else to boost with do the grenade launcher boosting on Underground. 20 min was landing us both 80k+ xp and around 4k-6k salvage and you will probably get the Trial for killing 500 enemies which nets you another 10k xp.

Equip frag grenades as Survivors and both run to the center boat, both fire at the same time and die. Do it over and over and you get 100 for each kill, but a bunch of other bonuses and Salvage for each kill. You can also pick up salvage crates on your way to the boat if they are on your path. Your in round xp will show up as how many kills you have x100, but when you finish it you will get all those bonuses.

I've all ready bought all survivors, so screwed on that, its either wait for the patch or prestige, buy the general and then lvl up to 58 again, think I'll wait for patch

Yeah I am doing this too, I was already in prestige 2 when this announcement came to be so I leveled it up to 58 and bought all of the upgrades thinking that the update they released around 3 days ago was the one that was adding this. Sadly it was not so I just hope now I did not screw myself over by not leaving 1 item to buy.

I am unclear on one thing though, will the change make the general obtainable prior to prestige 3, or are they just removing him as a requirement for the achievement?

Just unlocked Shopaholic, to clarify I played properly until rank 30. Then I grinded all the way to level 60 without buying any mods, I did buy some characters but not all. I got rank 60 during a grind then the True Commitment achievement unlocked after that round had finished. I then added the total salvage that I needed and it was roughly 210k. So i grinded one more time and got 210k, this is where I got a tad nervous. I decided to go and try the glitch method.

I bought all the weapon mods first without a problem, then I bought all of the Solarii characters (expect The General). Next i bought the Survivor characters but saving Lara for the glitch, I did the glitch and bought The General and i could see a blue tick under the padlock, I then bought Lara and then Shopaholic unlocked.

I know this has already been confirmed but I wasn't sure how I should go about buying stuff and in which order. So I can confirm that my way works for anybody still confused.

Edited by SS07WHU

Funny how most of the convo in this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the thread subject.

Anyway, either they've already removed the General from the achievement, or the game remembers when you unlock him through the glitch. I had done the glitch a week or so ago, and found out that the General only unlocked on the screen (I couldn't actually play a match with him). Today I just hit lvl 58, and immediately went and bought all the upgrades for the compound bow, and the achievement popped.

I have no idea if the game remembered me "unlocking" the General, or if they've already removed him from the requirements.