NES modded into a Joystick!

magictroll

That's awesome, but one question. Is it left handed? I noticed the pics all show the joystick on the right hand side, and the buttons on the left. Is this the case, or was it just the picture taken so that you could see the front of the console?

I took the pictures from the front actually because I figured more people would recognize the NES from that angle!

That is pretty sick how long did it take to build?

Took my friend about a month on and off. If he were to do it again it would be much faster I'm sure :D

That thing is really slick. Your friend is very talented in making sweet looking electronics/arcade sticks.

My question is, how much does it weigh? One of the pictures that shows the insides looks like a big piece of metal:

http://towardsmecca.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DSCN2157.JPG

Or is that just carved styrofoam?

Any idea on how much he would sell one for?

I'll ask him but I doubt he'd make one to sell it, sorry :(

That thing is really slick. Your friend is very talented in making sweet looking electronics/arcade sticks.

My question is, how much does it weigh? One of the pictures that shows the insides looks like a big piece of metal:

http://towardsmecca.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DSCN2157.JPG

Or is that just carved styrofoam?

Actually that's wood. For some reason the picture is in black and white (he took the work in progress pics, not me) so I can see why it would look like metal/styrofoam.

As to how much it weighs, I own the Madcatz Arcade Fightstick. The NEStickle ways less than half. It's VERY light. Only complaint is that I would have like it to be a bit wider, but an NES is an NES :p

You (or your friend) should send some of those pictures in to a video game magazine like Nintendo Power, or even Official Xbox magazine. I am sure if he wanted to make and sell some sticks that would generate a lot of buzz having it mentioned there.

Yeah, I was going to say, if you submitted this to Nintendo Power, they'd probably be quite impressed. Unfortunately, the list of compatible consoles didn't include anything made by Nintendo.

• 2 weeks later...