Sniping = Lame/Fail

AceSouthall

Ok I seen on the first 2 days people attempting sniping...now I see no one sniping. I tried it on the first few days and it is terrible....even the Acog scoping on them is terrible.

This is probably one of the only reasons why I miss MW2...is because it had a variety of maps in which there were good long ranged maps to enjoy a bit of sniping...this game has none!!!

Ok maybe Array but you can't see anything much from the tall tower.

I want the snipers to be improved:

The aiming, the ACOG scopes, new maps for them.... :mad:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually tried it and went 27-12 on the snow level the first time.. It's not that bad! It's a little less quick scoping than mw2, but I still can do it pretty good..

It bothers me that it's not always a 1-hit kill though..

Problem are not the maps imo, but the fact that even with the more powerful sniper) it tooks, 80% of the times, 2 hits to kill if the bullet is not in the head. LOL SERIOUSLY?

I have to agree sniping isnt too effective in this game... mostly because of the maps there either isnt a good vantage point or there is buildings in the way. also i found that the only good sniper is the third one u get (forget its name) the other ones are hard to get one shots with.

Also the only maps so far i have managed to snipe well on are Array, and Cracked. I personally miss some of the better sniping maps from MW2.

Sniping as an act is fine. There are just no open maps that are good for it. Added to the fact that you hardly ever get one shot kills anymore and the aim being off, makes for it being bad as a whole. I can aim at a still target and it STILL manages to miss somehow.

I think the main problem is that there aren't many maps that are open with good long sight lines. The only maps I snipe on are Havana and Array (I think it's called Array) and I use the L96A1 with a Variable Scope and it's a One Hit Kill if you hit them anywhere in the body/head. I have a shot in some guys junk on my file share that gets me a One Shot, One Kill award.

The sniping does feel very different to MW2 but you just need to invest a little time to get used to it and you should be back up to your old tricks in no time.

Sniping now takes more than an ounce of skill, as it should be.

Too many fanboys from MW2.

This. A Hundred Times, This.

God forbid people actually have to aim the old fashioned way now!

And This!

Also, To be Blunt: ACOG's on Snipers are for Faggots. An Acog Scope on a Sniper is worse than Quick scoping. Learn how to snipe with a real scope.

Edited by ZingZitang

It is pathetic.

I mean everyones like YAY NO QUICK SCOPERS. But now there's no sniping whats so ever. It may as well have been taken out of the game.

Quick scoping allowed snipers to actually play the game too. Everyones bitching on how they should scope properly. But people sat in a corner with a famas hard scoping to the max? You don't have a problem with that? Seriously grow the fuck up and go back to Halo.

It's not pathetic now, it just takes a little more skill and shot placement. I sniped heavily in MW2 and never, ever quick scoped and didn't camp. People that think you had to quick scope to make snipers an effective weapon are utter, utter morons.

I mean everyones like YAY NO QUICK SCOPERS. But now there's no sniping whats so ever. It may as well have been taken out of the game.

I hated people that used quick-scoping, I found it an exploit personally.

However I cannot agree more that Black Ops has officially fucked sniping up.

I was never one to sit on a rooftop for an hour waiting for a head to pop into my crosshair but I did enjoy running around from place to place and taking out a few people before going back to an assault class.

I used all of my custom classes in MW2, where as this I have literally just got one class that I use at all times. I'm not saying this to compare it to MW2 as a fanboy, but I do fear I will get bored of this game a lot quicker!

It is pathetic.

Quick scoping allowed snipers to actually play the game too. Everyones bitching on how they should scope properly. But people sat in a corner with a famas hard scoping to the max? You don't have a problem with that? Seriously grow the fuck up and go back to Halo.

The only reason that there's no sniping is because people don't actually know how to snipe. Quick-Scoping does NOT constitute sniping. If a person chooses a sniper class, then they need to realize that they are picking a class that is a LONG RANGE threat. The pro being that they can take on targets at LONG RANGE. The con being that they are vulnerable at SHORT RANGE.

Yes, I have a problem with anyone sitting in a corner. It's called camping, and it's lame. The problem is that a lot of people do it and there is no way to stop it.

It's funny that you say people should grow up and go back to Halo. Isn't running around quick-scoping essentially what Halo has become? Just food for thought. :D

Also, To be Blunt: ACOG's on Snipers are for Faggots. An Acog Scope on a Sniper is worse than Quick scoping. Learn how to snipe with a real scope.

Shut the fuck up. I snipe with an ACOG on maps that are too small for a "real" scope, such as Nuketown. I am fully capable of sniping with the "real" scope, and I do so on maps that are big enough. What's your problem? Treyarch put the ACOG in the game for a reason you pinhead. Are you not happy when you get owned by a guy with an ACOG equipped sniper, which has a but load of sway and recoil, when you have a fully automatic Galil that has zero recoil, and zero sway? It's called skill.

Sniping now takes more than an ounce of skill, as it should be.

Completely agree. I think the sniping itself is fine as is. The only problems I have are that it takes forever to get on target, and that only the L96A1 can get one hit kills most of the time.

I'm not bad with the sniper in this, but I would still like more open maps so I can actually see shit. Maybe some future DLC will bring us some good expansive maps.

This is the problem, for sure. We need maps that are designed to suit long range play styles.

There might not be any ADS quickscoping - but you can YY quickscope/noscope just like you could in MW2. Just gotta be quick with the buttons.

Saw someone on the CoD forums saying that Steady Aim + Acog = quick scoping abilities.. but just not as fast as we were used to in MW2. Might try it out later.

Problem are not the maps imo, but the fact that even with the more powerful sniper) it tooks, 80% of the times, 2 hits to kill if the bullet is not in the head. LOL SERIOUSLY?
well for me it takes 1 shot one kill with the bolt action sniper and it's amazing, it just depends on where you aim always aim by the torso even though I get headshots by accident =]

Shut the fuck up. I snipe with an ACOG on maps that are too small for a "real" scope, such as Nuketown. I am fully capable of sniping with the "real" scope, and I do so on maps that are big enough. What's your problem? Treyarch put the ACOG in the game for a reason you pinhead. Are you not happy when you get owned by a guy with an ACOG equipped sniper, which has a but load of sway and recoil, when you have a fully automatic Galil that has zero recoil, and zero sway? It's called skill.

Completely agree. I think the sniping itself is fine as is. The only problems I have are that it takes forever to get on target, and that only the L96A1 can get one hit kills most of the time.

This is the problem, for sure. We need maps that are designed to suit long range play styles.

try sniping in WMD it's a pretty good map to snipe in

The only reason that there's no sniping is because people don't actually know how to snipe. Quick-Scoping does NOT constitute sniping. If a person chooses a sniper class, then they need to realize that they are picking a class that is a LONG RANGE threat. The pro being that they can take on targets at LONG RANGE. The con being that they are vulnerable at SHORT RANGE.

Yes, I have a problem with anyone sitting in a corner. It's called camping, and it's lame. The problem is that a lot of people do it and there is no way to stop it.

It's funny that you say people should grow up and go back to Halo. Isn't running around quick-scoping essentially what Halo has become? Just food for thought. :D

good one:woop:

I think the main problem is that there aren't many maps that are open with good long sight lines. The only maps I snipe on are Havana and Array (I think it's called Array) and I use the L96A1 with a Variable Scope and it's a One Hit Kill if you hit them anywhere in the body/head. I have a shot in some guys junk on my file share that gets me a One Shot, One Kill award.

The sniping does feel very different to MW2 but you just need to invest a little time to get used to it and you should be back up to your old tricks in no time.

I like the sniping in this game idk what others talk about you can't expect to get a kill every 30sec when you have a sniper it just doesn't work like that Edited by AOS Puck

Sniping is a bit harder than MW2 but i was never a QS in that either, couldn't stand em. It's also said they might ramp up power a little bit (see the news sticky) so that could cure the non 1 hit kill part, they just don't want it to become imba.

It does take more skill now and prob why no one does it.

I will admit there are not many maps but, Jungle, Havana, Array are all good for sniping if you know the maps :p