Post your Golden Key items here

TheMightyRam

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna try and hold onto mine til max level. Wether or not I can is a different matter.

I hope they do another way of dishing these golden keys out, I'll never get to go to any community events, so I'm not gonna get any extras that way.

Hoping They may dish out 1 per DLC.

If you use the golden key before level 50 - at the very minimum - you're literally throwing it away. Just forget you even have it. While I'm sure whatever loot you receive despite your current level will hardly be game-changing, it's a guarantee that it won't be at a low-to-mid level.

Edited by WalterWhite

The only problem with waiting too long, is that it may set you up for being even more dissapointed if whatever you end up with turns out to be crap compared to whatever badass weapons you already have at that point. Remember, this is only going to be a purple, not a pearl. I'm not going to sweat it that much. I'll open it whenever I think is the most intriguing time (right before a big boss fight/during a coop session with friends so they can see it, etc.). More than likely I will make it to about the half-way point; that way the potential for dissapointment/feeling of reward will be a bit more balanced.

ALSO: Consider the trade value. The longer you wait, the more likely a friend won't trade for it because they may potentially have something better by that point. The earlier you trade, the more value it may hold to someone who just has to have something unique.

Edited by ColdSpider72

I wonder is it possible if you get a shit weapon to turn of the console and avoid it saving.So you can have another go lol.I would love a rare revolver from the chest.

That could work but I have a feeling that it won't because it will probably save your key use as soon as you open it, making seeing if it's crap or not impossible to do. :(

I'm going to wait until max level to open it. But you just know that by the time we're through with the game for the first time there will already be modded weapons and shields available. :p Oh look I got a really badass sniper rifle from the gold chest. My friend takes a look at it...pussy mine does 10,000,000 per shot. O_O WTF?! :mad::uzi::mad: lol

The only problem with waiting too long, is that it may set you up for being even more dissapointed if whatever you end up with turns out to be crap compared to whatever badass weapons you already have at that point. Remember, this is only going to be a purple, not a pearl. I'm not going to sweat it that much. I'll open it whenever I think is the most intriguing time (right before a big boss fight/during a coop session with friends so they can see it, etc.). More than likely I will make it to about the half-way point; that way the potential for dissapointment/feeling of reward will be a bit more balanced.

ALSO: Consider the trade value. The longer you wait, the more likely a friend won't trade for it because they may potentially have something better by that point. The earlier you trade, the more value it may hold to someone who just has to have something unique.

This is going to be one of these things where explaining how to maximize an item is like beating your head against a wall. If you really want to be disappointed, open it at level one. The later you open the chest, the better, it's that simple.

I'm not even sure what the golden key is, so if someone could fill me in that would be great. I know you get it with the premier club and I'm assuming it opens a chest with a rare item inside that is scaled to your current difficulty.

So with that, I'll use it pretty early on. I want whatever special item it is for when I'm actually playing the game, not when I reach the level cap and don't play it as much.

It's only purple.

PURPLE

I understand that it's purple, that isn't the point. Also I had many purple guns that were better than orange and pearls in the first game. So now that you wrote purple in a giant font to prove your point and attempt to make me look stupid, use your logic to explain to me how a gun that is awarded to you from the chest that scales to your current level would be better taken at any level lower than the maximum.