Thinking of selling my One...

Rascalov

I've had mine since launch. I like the actual console but the software situation is annoying the **** out of me. I was hoping there would be a lot of games that would be exclusive to the One. So far pretty much every game other than Forza, Dead Rising and Ryse has been released for the 360 as well. Even Titanfall is getting a 360 release, which I don't understand at all. If all the big games are coming out for 360 then it makes me wonder what the point is of having a One, other than stackable achievements. I've beat Dead Rising and Forza. Ryse doesn't interest me. Every other big game out right now (COD, Fifa, BF, Tomb Raider, Thief, Rayman, Plants v Zombies, NFS Rivals) is out on 360 too. Ground Zeroes will be on 360. Dark Souls 2 won't be on the One at all. I was wondering if I should sell and get another one when the exclusives actually start rolling out. Looks like that wont happen until 2015 at the earliest when they start to phase out the 360 though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just the way it is when a new console launches. Rite now more people own 360's and PS3's that's why games are releasing on them. The exclusives will come starting with Titanfall next week just need to wait.

I wouldn't say get rid of your X1 because of lack of exclusives or because games are still releasing on 360 but end of the day it's your decion to make.

It's just the way it is when a new console launches. Rite now more people own 360's and PS3's that's why games are releasing on them. The exclusives will come starting with Titanfall next week just need to wait.

I wouldn't say get rid of your X1 because of lack of exclusives or because games are still releasing on 360 but end of the day it's your decion to make.

Just like Spraggsy said its how things are when new consoles are released. I'm pretty sure the original Xbox was getting new releases for around ~2/3 years after the Xbox 360 came out. Just because they release a new console doesn't mean they can just drop games that were in development for the older one. You'd just piss off everyone who couldn't afford the new console off and cause developers to waste time and assets if that were to happen.

In a few years when more and more people move over on to the Xbox One then you'll see more and more exclusives for only that console. But as of right now the Xbox 360 is very much alive and needs games too.

Just like Spraggsy said its how things are when new consoles are released. I'm pretty sure the original Xbox was getting new releases for around ~2/3 years after the Xbox 360 came out. Just because they release a new console doesn't mean they can just drop games that were in development for the older one. You'd just piss off everyone who couldn't afford the new console off and cause developers to waste time and assets if that were to happen.

In a few years when more and more people move over on to the Xbox One then you'll see more and more exclusives for only that console. But as of right now the Xbox 360 is very much alive and needs games too.

Regarding the original Xbox, you're dead wrong. Microsoft was pretty quick to end new game releases/licensing for the original Xbox when the Xbox 360 came out. There were a few still in development that did squeak out late, but not that many and certainly not big name titles they were planning to promote the next-gen, like CoD 2.

Not really.

Lets say you buy it for $500 and sell it for $450. That is a loss of $50.

Then you re-buy it for $300 a year later. You still saved $150.

You might be able to sell it for $450 on eBay. But then you lose $45 to final value fees and PayPal takes a small percentage. You'll end up with less than $400 on the sale. GameStop will give you $390 store credit for a trade-in.

And the system most definitely will not be $300 next year. IF you are lucky, you'll break even. Still seems like a silly move. Plus, you aren't going to save that money you get from selling an Xbox One only to spend it a year later on an Xbox One. You are going to spend it on something else (and it sounds like the OP would spend it on 360 games).

You might be able to sell it for $450 on eBay. But then you lose $45 to final value fees and PayPal takes a small percentage. You'll end up with less than $400 on the sale. GameStop will give you $390 store credit for a trade-in.

And the system most definitely will not be $300 next year. IF you are lucky, you'll break even. Still seems like a silly move. Plus, you aren't going to save that money you get from selling an Xbox One only to spend it a year later on an Xbox One. You are going to spend it on something else (and it sounds like the OP would spend it on 360 games).

My point wasn't to discuss the value of the xbox year from now. NO ONE knows that.

Not really. All the big titles are still $60 new on the Xbox 360.

Used games are less expensive.

He's in the UK which is different, oh and someone is trying to impersonate you.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569225

That's weird.

Seriously though, why not just buy the games you want for the 360 for the One and buy the games on the 360 that you like for the 360? I'm doing that and I have no complaints.

It makes no sense to sell a console just to rebuy it again. The price won't drop $200, it probably won't even drop $100. I've never understood stuff like this. When the 360 first came out I barely ever played it because I still loved my original Xbox. Once more games came out the original Xbox was boxed up and put in storage.

Seriously though, why not just buy the games you want for the 360 for the One and buy the games on the 360 that you like for the 360? I'm doing that and I have no complaints.

It makes no sense to sell a console just to rebuy it again. The price won't drop $200, it probably won't even drop $100. I've never understood stuff like this. When the 360 first came out I barely ever played it because I still loved my original Xbox. Once more games came out the original Xbox was boxed up and put in storage.

That's what I am doing. I play my 360 a bit for the 360 "exclusives" and for games that were already released that I have yet to play. Everything else goes on the One.

Regarding the original Xbox, you're dead wrong. Microsoft was pretty quick to end new game releases/licensing for the original Xbox when the Xbox 360 came out. There were a few still in development that did squeak out late, but not that many and certainly not big name titles they were planning to promote the next-gen, like CoD 2.

The original Xbox wasn't discontinued until 2008. While I agree they pushed for bigger IPs to adapt to the new console, it still lived for 2 1/2 years after the Xbox 360 was released.

I would say Elder Scrolls Online would be more exclusive then Titan Fall.

If you need the money, sell it, there's nothing right now to warrant having an XBOX One console, it's new, and with all new consoles theres usually hardly anything to do on it. I completed Max (which you can play on 360 soon) and DR3, and have no interest in it, I got it as a free console, but if I had have paid for it, I would have been cheesed off, as all were getting thrown down our necks is Titan Fall, which I couldnt care less about.

As said if need the money, I would sell the One, and buy 360 games, the 360 is still top dog and shits all over the XB1, and will do for sometime, its not all about power and new tech if theres nothing to do on it. It will be a good year maybe longer before your even close to being spoilt for choice with XB1 games, right now its all port overs of 360 games with the odd exclusive in the mix.

Edited by Evo Kazz

I dont understand how you can be upset with Xbox games being released on the New & Last Gen consoles. This was always bound to happen as the Xbox One wasn't given a set list of games that only exist on Next Gen. You should of done research instead of being buthurt and came to the actualisation that this is how developers make their money by releasing the game on both consoles. Its common sense to know this really so therefor its your own fault for buying it and wasting your money I guess

It's too bad you have no interest in Ryse. Really a great game, much better than the reviewers and the people on here say. You should check out what trade offers the game stores have. If it's anything like 50 percent trade in bonus and the base value is high. Do it. Here in America Gamestop is offering 50 percent bonus and the base is 300. I was able to get the titanfall bundle with using any cash. Only do this if you don't need cash.

It's just the nature of early adoption. The first few month of software releases for new consoles are shaky. That's how it always is. Since the 360 has such a huge base, much bigger than the original xbox had, it would be stupid of companies to abandon those markets. We are talking bout roughly 9million on next gen (both x1 and ps4)? The install base for the 360 alone is 76million. Titanfall is being pushed on the x1 but the reality is that the 360 version will sell much better.

I'm not really sure I understand the point of selling your x1 unless you need a cash injection, or want to jump to playstation instead... If paying slightly more for the uprezed versions of the 360 games we are getting right now is bothering you, just buy them on 360 and wait it out until the first big wave of true next gen titles hits. You will lose money selling your console and I doubt they will drop much in the next year or so.